• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

If Rangers "don't believe [Andersson] can handle more," Why is he Here?

Phil

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. I'm not a big coach basher but his Andersson usuage has me confused. He looks way quicker than he did last year and seems to be noticeable on the ice. Don't know why he keeps getting slotted on the 4th line with under 10min pg.

I don't get it. I'm not a big coach basher but his Andersson usuage has me confused. He looks way quicker than he did last year and seems to be noticeable on the ice. Don't know why he keeps getting slotted on the 4th line with under 10min pg.

...and 21 playing in all situations. the only thing comes to mind is that Harlequinn is a europhobe

He'll move Andersson up soon... when Kakko and Buchnevich get demoted. so the third line will be Smith - Andersson - McKegg

http://giphygifs.s3.amazonaws.com/media/3XiQswSmbjBiU/giphy.gif

I think Quinn's brain is imploding and doesn't know what the fuck to do. That being said he needs to give some players a longer leash and shorten others.

...and 21 playing in all situations. the only thing comes to mind is that Harlequinn is a europhobe

I'm starting to dislike Howden but probably more because he's being put in a position where he can't succeed than anything really related to his game. If anyone on this roster should be slotted as the 4th line center, it's Howden. I don't think Quinn is a "europhobe" considering Panarin, Zib, Buch, Fast all play big minutes.

I don't want to speak for Quinn because his logic is largely beyond me but he does seem to favor "tangible" results to move up. I think Howden and Strome are getting preferential treatment because once upon a time they ended up on the scoresheet. Andersson just hasn't recently which granted is hard to do with his minutes and linemates. I just get the feeling Quinn tends to favor recent statistical sperformance in addition to just leaning on his usual suspects. If Andersson scored something like that fluke Howden between the legs goal from last season he'd probably get a chance up. That could be entirely wrong though.

I'm starting to dislike Howden but probably more because he's being put in a position where he can't succeed than anything really related to his game. If anyone on this roster should be slotted as the 4th line center, it's Howden. I don't think Quinn is a "europhobe" considering Panarin, Zib, Buch, Fast all play big minutes.

I'm there with you... problem is, Howden struggles defensively.

he's not suicidal. if he demotes Panarin or Zib he'll get fired tomorrow. He moved Kreider to the right wing so he could demote Buch.

I don't want to speak for Quinn because his logic is largely beyond me but he does seem to favor "tangible" results to move up. I think Howden and Strome are getting preferential treatment because once upon a time they ended up on the scoresheet. Andersson just hasn't recently which granted is hard to do with his minutes and linemates. I just get the feeling Quinn tends to favor recent statistical sperformance in addition to just leaning on his usual suspects. If Andersson scored something like that fluke Howden between the legs goal from last season he'd probably get a chance up. That could be entirely wrong though.

I agree. See Fast on the first line the game after scoring a goal and assist.

I'm starting to dislike Howden but probably more because he's being put in a position where he can't succeed than anything really related to his game.

I do too and it's really unfair on Howden because he's done absolutely nothing wrong. He's a decent prospect, but he should arguably be in Hartford developing and not centering the 2nd line on the big club for fucks sake.

I'm thinking this is a test of wills between Quinn and Anderson. Quinn's gonna see just how much of this Anderson can take before going out and having the game of his life.

I mean I get he's out there for 5 mins, but it's the quietest 5 minutes of the game.

When the coach is saying "Brendan Smith is getting a bump before you", that's quite the message.

I'm thinking this is a test of wills between Quinn and Anderson. Quinn's gonna see just how much of this Anderson can take before going out and having the game of his life.

I mean I get he's out there for 5 mins, but it's the quietest 5 minutes of the game.

When the coach is saying "Brendan Smith is getting a bump before you", that's quite the message.

I think these guys know Quinn well enough to see through this. Kravtsov, Buchnevich, Kakko have pretty much pointed it out, as well.

As a former player, that crap never worked for me, either. You lose trust in the coach, if anything.

I think these guys know Quinn well enough to see through this. Kravtsov, Buchnevich, Kakko have pretty much pointed it out, as well.

As a former player, that crap never worked for me, either. You lose trust in the coach, if anything.

Honestly, sounds like a bunch of entitled millennials to me.

Not really, they've been better than half the guys getting icetime over them. Based on play (that Quinn continually stresses), they earned the playing time.

None of us were planning on complaining about losing when we figured it would be because our 2nd line had teenagers on in. Instead, we're not seeing the teenagers in favor of Brendan Smith.

• Like 3

Not really, they've been better than half the guys getting icetime over them. Based on play (that Quinn continually stresses), they earned the playing time.

None of us were planning on complaining about losing when we figured it would be because our 2nd line had teenagers on in. Instead, we're not seeing the teenagers in favor of Brendan Smith.

damn straight, skippy

I don't think Harlequinn is that cerebral.

Krav and Cheats weren't better than anyone else who made the team.

Lias was doing well. Now he's invisible. classic chicken-and-egg, are you getting less minutes because your play has fallen off? Or are you invisible because you're getting less minutes?

to be honest, I can't really tell because I really don't notice Lias when he's on the ice at all. And I did in the beginning.

Smith isn't playing on the second line. if he was, it's because he's been the second best left wing. Can't really argue with that... Kreider blows. Then who's left after him and Panarin?

cant rep u but damn if i don't agree with everything you said. Quinn keeps this up he will lose the room by xmas.

Bingo. Not sure what Quinn's master plan is here or if he even has one. Maybe he is doing what he feels is best for some of them. He'll either be a mad genius or a total failure at the end of it. Hopefully not too much time is wasted if it's the latter. Heavy criticism is currently deserved since it's a bit hard to reason through the decisions that have been made.