Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 69

Thread: Kaapo Kakko: "There's no fun in my game right now"

  1. #21
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,008
    Rep Power
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    i'd switch Kakko with Kravtsov, but other than that it looks beautiful
    People have been telling me that.
    I've posted this lineup since June. figured Kravtsov needs a bit more help, and can get that from his Russian linemate. Kakko fits with Andersson-Strome better, style-wise.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  2. #22
    Banned Junior Division
    Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    5,793
    Rep Power
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    People have been telling me that.
    I've posted this lineup since June. figured Kravtsov needs a bit more help, and can get that from his Russian linemate. Kakko fits with Andersson-Strome better, style-wise.
    sure but I was never the one who believed that Russians or whoever needs to play with Russians to get acclimated. on the ice, its instinct and talent.

  3. #23
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17,514
    Rep Power
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    sure but I was never the one who believed that Russians or whoever needs to play with Russians to get acclimated. on the ice, its instinct and talent.
    I think Kravtsov needs a friend right now more than anything. Poor guy seems absolutely dejected in the A.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  4. #24
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    7,819
    Rep Power
    169
    "My goal is to play a leading role for the team. I don't want to hear people tell me, that I'm a young guy who should take his time to get used to the style of play. I want to be the one to score and solve games right away."

    Idk who was gassing him up to make him think this way, but he doesn't seem to have much perspective about how far ahead of other leagues the NHL is. I like the attitude, but he probably needs some perspective.

  5. #25
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,368
    Rep Power
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Kreider - Zibanejad- Buchnevich
    Panarin- Chytil- Kravtsov
    Strome- andersson- Kakko
    Lemieux- Howden - Fast
    It's such an obvious line structure, that I really like, that I wonder what we're missing. I just don't understand why we haven't seen anything even remotely looking like this.

  6. #26
    Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    1,543
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    "My goal is to play a leading role for the team. I don't want to hear people tell me, that I'm a young guy who should take his time to get used to the style of play. I want to be the one to score and solve games right away."

    Idk who was gassing him up to make him think this way, but he doesn't seem to have much perspective about how far ahead of other leagues the NHL is. I like the attitude, but he probably needs some perspective.
    Hey Future, what's this "Perspective" you speak of?

    At 18 I wanted to be the all star ladies man... I'm 52 now and I still can't pick up a girl if she had handles!!!

  7. #27
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Slobberknocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    2 feet south of the blueline
    Posts
    4,665
    Rep Power
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    It's such an obvious line structure, that I really like, that I wonder what we're missing. I just don't understand why we haven't seen anything even remotely looking like this.
    agreed. makes sense to me.

    whats ur blue line look like while we're at it.
    Acqua in bocca

  8. #28
    Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    1,543
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    agreed. makes sense to me.

    whats ur blue line look like while we're at it.
    I liked Trouba and Fox last game. They looked better than the rest to me.

  9. #29
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17,514
    Rep Power
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    "My goal is to play a leading role for the team. I don't want to hear people tell me, that I'm a young guy who should take his time to get used to the style of play. I want to be the one to score and solve games right away."

    Idk who was gassing him up to make him think this way, but he doesn't seem to have much perspective about how far ahead of other leagues the NHL is. I like the attitude, but he probably needs some perspective.
    I hear you, but I LOVE hearing this kind of thing.

    I'd caveat that Finnish is often hard to translate (hence the whole Laine/Little thing earlier this year), but it sounds to me like he's wanting to step up. He wants to be the man on this team. He wants to win. He wants to lead. I'm a big fan of that.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  10. #30
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,133
    Rep Power
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Via the hockey subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...un_in_my_game/

    Kaapo Kakko gave an interview to Finnish media and spoke his mind...



    Finnish source: https://www.helsinginuutiset.fi/arti...kohdalta-talla
    I love his attitude. Kid's gonna be a star once he has half decent players to get him the puck.
    GORTON 2020

  11. #31
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    19
    The only guy who benefitted from the KZB line last year was Buch. He had 1 primary assist to Zib and 1 primary assist to Kreider. Buchnevich is just not a 1st line player deserving of the minutes. A KZK line would be better.

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  12. #32
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    7,819
    Rep Power
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Hey Future, what's this "Perspective" you speak of?

    At 18 I wanted to be the all star ladies man... I'm 52 now and I still can't pick up a girl if she had handles!!!
    Lol, well I'm sure one of those ladies gave you a little dose of reality.

  13. #33
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17,514
    Rep Power
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Lol, well I'm sure one of those ladies gave you a little dose of reality.
    Or he, them.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  14. #34
    Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Ozzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Suffolk County, NY
    Posts
    1,543
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Lol, well I'm sure one of those ladies gave you a little dose of reality.


    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Or he, them.
    ....even a blind squirrel G man!!

  15. #35
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,008
    Rep Power
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    The only guy who benefitted from the KZB line last year was Buch. He had 1 primary assist to Zib and 1 primary assist to Kreider. Buchnevich is just not a 1st line player deserving of the minutes. A KZK line would be better.

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Zibanejad saw a 50% increase on his career best point total.
    Kreider matched his all-time high in goals. 1 point shy of tying career best points
    Buchnevich set a career high in goal totals and points per game.


    The lines should be set up in a way to maximize the production of all players.
    Say Kakko gets 60 points on the first line or 45 points on the third line, and
    Buchnevich scored 60 on the first line or 35 on the third line

    Its not so much about Kakko, who I think will be productive at any spot in the lineup, its about maximizing the effectiveness of other players.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  16. #36
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,630
    Rep Power
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    People have been telling me that.
    I've posted this lineup since June. figured Kravtsov needs a bit more help, and can get that from his Russian linemate. Kakko fits with Andersson-Strome better, style-wise.
    I think we've seen that not to be the case, especially with Strome.

  17. #37
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,630
    Rep Power
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Jesper Fast is not a first line player. I like Quinn, but this move reeks of suck.

    Put the kid up there already and stop fuckin' around.
    Anyone playing with Pan and Zib are first line players. He's not going to hurt them, and they'll make him better.

    Gotta spread the offense around.

  18. #38
    Deleted Midget Division
    torontonyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,187
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Anyone playing with Pan and Zib are first line players. He's not going to hurt them, and they'll make him better.

    Gotta spread the offense around.
    That line also just needs someone reliable to make consistent plays, retrieve the puck, and add a reliable defensible presence to free Zib up.

    I agree with Pete here, it's not optimal but we're playing defenseman on offense and have a ton of other suboptimal implementations.

  19. #39
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,008
    Rep Power
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think we've seen that not to be the case, especially with Strome.
    Maybe. Strome on the wing might be a bit more engaged. He looked like he was trying too hard in the center (but I dont want to get in to that discussion again)
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  20. #40
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,630
    Rep Power
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Maybe. Strome on the wing might be a bit more engaged. He looked like he was trying too hard in the center (but I dont want to get in to that discussion again)
    He's not a center. For sure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •