Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaapo Kakko: "There's no fun in my game right now"

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie

Kaapo Kakko: "There's no fun in my game right now"

Via the hockey subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...un_in_my_game/

Kaapo Kakko gave an interview to Finnish media and spoke his mind...

Kaapo Kakko's NHL career has started below expectations, but the man does not give up on his goal of quickly becoming a key player in his team.

On Sunday, the New York Rangers, represented by Kakko, 18, lost for the fourth time in a row. The Vancouver Canucks were better in the afternoon at Madison Square Garden with a score of 3-2. After six NHL matches, Kakko's stats register only one goal.

After the defeat, Kaapo's body language said a lot. Losing and his own showings are getting on the nerve. That's what a young man honestly admits.

"There is no fun in my game right now" Kakko said in the Rangers locker room.

"Things haven't gone as planned. Sometimes I feel like I could be more on the ice. It would be great to be able to experiment at some point in the first line. I understand that can't happen, when my current performances were not very good."

In six NHL games and in the three practice games before that, Kakko's line has had lot of traffic. Coach David Quinn has changed his compositions frequently. On Sunday, Kakko's line mates were Brett Howden and Brendan Lemieux.

"There hasn't been any line performing well. It must have been seen by anyone who has watched the games. When you pile up losses, changes need to be made."

The abnormal schedule has clearly made the Rangers frustrated, and finding the rhythm of the game will be difficult for both the team and the newcomer Kakko. Although the NHL is just under three weeks behind, the Rangers have already had 13 days off.

"The player wants to play. You want to show that you can play well. After the first two games I was already a little frustrated, especially when my game was not what I had expected."

"My goal is to play a leading role for the team. I don't want to hear people tell me, that I'm a young guy who should take his time to get used to the style of play. I want to be the one to score and solve games right away."

The New York Rangers are still in the process of rebuilding, so you can't expect much from a successful team. The club must now carefully consider what is the best way to proceed with their rookie star. Will he be given a bigger role in the NHL or will he be sent off to get a boost from the farm team?

"I'll fight now to stay even in the lineup. But most of all, we have to look like a team. We can't lose all the time." Kakko says emphatically.
    Finnish source: https://www.helsinginuutiset.fi/arti...kohdalta-talla

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Kid needs linemates. They're playing 3 on 5 when that line is out.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This. The solution is staring Quinn in the face. Instead, we're going to waste another game (and likely loss) by throwing Jesper Fast up with Panarin and Zibanejad.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Oh HELL YES!!

Playing with 2 dead fish!!! Please for the love of dear sweet Jesus give me anything that can play, and this kid's gonna be amazing!

Senior Member Midget Division
    "My goal is to play a leading role for the team. I don't want to hear people tell me, that I'm a young guy who should take his time to get used to the style of play. I want to be the one to score and solve games right away."

love this answer. you guys are spot on. bring up the kids Kravt/Chytil and just give them minutes. Problem with these builds are that its the coaches record. he's trying to win games. as a fan i'd rather bring the youth up, throw them to the wolves and coach the shit out of them. not bringing fast up from the 4th line and making smith the 12th center.
    Acqua in bocca

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quinn needs to give him that top line spot. Im as big a fan of Fast as anyone, but why he's on the top line (not that he hasn't earned ice time, he has) is beyond me.

Howden is not a 2nd line center. Chytil should be up here playing that spot, maybe Anderson instead.

Strome has been ok since we got him, I don't think he's supposed to be our consistent top 9 option and he's not the big rebuild piece we need.
    I'd be ok with losing if all the young guys were getting the ice time they need. but that hasn't been the case at all

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    This. The solution is staring Quinn in the face. Instead, we're going to waste another game (and likely loss) by throwing Jesper Fast up with Panarin and Zibanejad.
    Agreed, I donít understand that move at all. Maybe spreading some offense throughout the lineup? I have no idea
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    First off - good on the kid for being frustrated. I so love seeing a hockey player unafraid to just speak his mind. Sucks that's how he feels, but we all get why.

Quinn's gotta give him a crack on the top line.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    In the words of Josh Donaldson "This isn't the try league, it's the get it done league"

I can be patient, but a 15/15 year would be a wild disappointment by my estimation.

Banned Junior Division
    15/15 year? you mean finishing last in the east?

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    15 goals, 15 assists.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Fast is on the top line tonight because he showed up on the score sheet last game. The best thing Kakko can do right now is take advantage of being on the first PP unit. There's 74 games to go.

Just get him away from Kreider....

The guy can't finish, and he's not great defensively. He's basically a walking minus!

I forget what game it was, but Kakko was on the PP1 line and he looked very comfortable there.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    15 goals, 15 assists.
    oh ok.. I agree with Dunny.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Just get him away from Kreider....

The guy can't finish, and he's not great defensively. He's basically a walking minus!

I forget what game it was, but Kakko was on the PP1 line and he looked very comfortable there.
    that was last game...lol

Jesper Fast is not a first line player. I like Quinn, but this move reeks of suck.

Put the kid up there already and stop fuckin' around.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Kreider - Zibanejad- Buchnevich
    Panarin- Chytil- Kravtsov
    Strome- andersson- Kakko
    Lemieux- Howden - Fast
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    that was last game...lol
    ...Alcohol-zheimers, CC! It was a long weekend!!!

Between the Yankees losing, my Raiders getting shit-stomped in GB and that Rangers first period debacle....you know where I'm goin'.....

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Strome- andersson- Kakko
    Lemieux- Howden - Fast
    I'd bet another strong 3 games from Chtyil this weekend and he gets the call. Once he's back up we'll see Panarin and Zib split up. KZB and Panarin-Chytil-Kakko

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Strome- andersson- Kakko
    Lemieux- Howden - Fast
    i'd switch Kakko with Kravtsov, but other than that it looks beautiful

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast