• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kaapo Kakko: "There's no fun in my game right now"

Morphinity 2.0

"My goal is to play a leading role for the team. I don't want to hear people tell me, that I'm a young guy who should take his time to get used to the style of play. I want to be the one to score and solve games right away."

Idk who was gassing him up to make him think this way, but he doesn't seem to have much perspective about how far ahead of other leagues the NHL is. I like the attitude, but he probably needs some perspective.

Hey Future, what's this "Perspective" you speak of?

At 18 I wanted to be the all star ladies man... I'm 52 now and I still can't pick up a girl if she had handles!!! ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"My goal is to play a leading role for the team. I don't want to hear people tell me, that I'm a young guy who should take his time to get used to the style of play. I want to be the one to score and solve games right away."

Idk who was gassing him up to make him think this way, but he doesn't seem to have much perspective about how far ahead of other leagues the NHL is. I like the attitude, but he probably needs some perspective.

I hear you, but I LOVE hearing this kind of thing.

I'd caveat that Finnish is often hard to translate (hence the whole Laine/Little thing earlier this year), but it sounds to me like he's wanting to step up. He wants to be the man on this team. He wants to win. He wants to lead. I'm a big fan of that.

Hey Future, what's this "Perspective" you speak of?

At 18 I wanted to be the all star ladies man... I'm 52 now and I still can't pick up a girl if she had handles!!! ;)

Lol, well I'm sure one of those ladies gave you a little dose of reality.

The only guy who benefitted from the KZB line last year was Buch. He had 1 primary assist to Zib and 1 primary assist to Kreider. Buchnevich is just not a 1st line player deserving of the minutes. A KZK line would be better.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk[/QUOTe]

Zibanejad saw a 50% increase on his career best point total.

Kreider matched his all-time high in goals. 1 point shy of tying career best points

Buchnevich set a career high in goal totals and points per game.

The lines should be set up in a way to maximize the production of all players.

Say Kakko gets 60 points on the first line or 45 points on the third line, and

Buchnevich scored 60 on the first line or 35 on the third line

Its not so much about Kakko, who I think will be productive at any spot in the lineup, its about maximizing the effectiveness of other players.

People have been telling me that.

I've posted this lineup since June. figured Kravtsov needs a bit more help, and can get that from his Russian linemate. Kakko fits with Andersson-Strome better, style-wise.

I think we've seen that not to be the case, especially with Strome.

Jesper Fast is not a first line player. I like Quinn, but this move reeks of suck.

Put the kid up there already and stop fuckin' around.

Anyone playing with Pan and Zib are first line players. He's not going to hurt them, and they'll make him better.

Gotta spread the offense around.

Anyone playing with Pan and Zib are first line players. He's not going to hurt them, and they'll make him better.

Gotta spread the offense around.

That line also just needs someone reliable to make consistent plays, retrieve the puck, and add a reliable defensible presence to free Zib up.

I agree with Pete here, it's not optimal but we're playing defenseman on offense and have a ton of other suboptimal implementations.

I think we've seen that not to be the case, especially with Strome.

Maybe. Strome on the wing might be a bit more engaged. He looked like he was trying too hard in the center (but I dont want to get in to that discussion again)

Kid needs linemates. They're playing 3 on 5 when that line is out.

Put him on the top line and keep them together for 5-7 games and see how that works. Let the rest of the forwards sort themselves out.Fast is a nice piece, but he has no business being on the top line. Enough screwing around with your most talented players.

Back to the thread title (quote) -- I only WISH that I had the opportunity to play in the NHL, at MSG no less and somehow, my 'game' still isn't fun. It's almost a LOL moment don't you think?

I think he means the fun from his game is gone. It may be an honor, but like any job, it can become work pretty quickly.

Zibanejad saw a 50% increase on his career best point total.

Kreider matched his all-time high in goals. 1 point shy of tying career best points

Buchnevich set a career high in goal totals and points per game.

The lines should be set up in a way to maximize the production of all players.

Say Kakko gets 60 points on the first line or 45 points on the third line, and

Buchnevich scored 60 on the first line or 35 on the third line

Its not so much about Kakko, who I think will be productive at any spot in the lineup, its about maximizing the effectiveness of other players.

Maximizing the point totals of all players is the reason Buch playing with Kreider and Zib doesn't work. Buchnevich is not in the same tier as Zuccarello, who was a big reason for Zib and Kreiders production.

Kreider - Zibanejad- Buchnevich

Panarin- Chytil- Kravtsov

Strome- andersson- Kakko

Lemieux- Howden - Fast

Kinda close to what I was saying. But no way you have Kakko on the 3rd line when he wants top line minutes.

Kreider- Zib- Buch

Panarin- Chytil- Kakko

Lemieux- Strome- Fast

Mckegg- Howden- Smith/call up.

Send down Haley. Send down/ trade Andersson. Keep Kravtsov down there until they get completely fed up with Buch...

It's too damn early to play mind games and make examples of players by sliding a guy like Fast up the lineup. Make lines that make sense. Spread out the talent. Play the young guys who need that extra umph with Panarin. Get Kreider going. Get Kakko going. See what you have with Chytil playing with elite talent...

Kinda close to what I was saying. But no way you have Kakko on the 3rd line when he wants top line minutes.

Kreider- Zib- Buch

Panarin- Chytil- Kakko

Lemieux- Strome- Fast

Send down Haley. Send down/ trade Andersson. Keep Kravtsov down there until they get completely fed up with Buch...

It's too damn early to play mind games and make examples of players by sliding a guy like Fast up the lineup. Make lines that make sense. Spread out the talent. Play the young guys who need that extra umph with Panarin. Get Kreider going. Get Kakko going. See what you have with Chytil playing with elite talent...

Neeh, its more fun seeing Kakko with Howden and Kreider, Lias playing with an AHL 4th liner and a D and only have 1 good line.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Kreider- Zib- Buch

Panarin- Chytil- Kakko

Lemieux- Strome- Fast

McKegg, Smith and Haley should be nowhere near this team. What is Howden suppose to do with Mckegg and Smith? in a week you'd be saying "send down/ trade Howden"

McKegg, Smith and Haley should be nowhere near this team. What is Howden suppose to do with Mckegg and Smith? in a week you'd be saying "send down/ trade Howden"

True, but I don't see either of them being sent down. Mayyyybe Smith should get a shot on D? Who exactly fits that role for the 4th line? Is anything worthy of a call up from Hartford? Do we want Lettieri on the 4th line? Maybe slide Fast or Lemieux down there to the 4th line and go with Kravtsov or anyone with any kind of 2 way game from Hartford?

They really do need to dump Haley. Just not really a spot for him with Lemieux and Mckegg here. I don't mind him as a player, just not what they need. Hopefully he can go to Hartford and contribute as a veteran presence.

Maybe a dip into the free agent pool could find a match.. I'll bring up a name a few of us loved. Oscar Lindberg might be a fit as a winger/center.

Glancing on sportrac these are some names I think could be considered.

Patrick Maroon?

Matt Moulson?

Brassard?

Pominville?

Stempniak?

Stafford?

Corey Schneider?

And of course I want Stefan Matteau in the organization.

Last night for a few seconds on the PP, Kakko looked like he was running the left point...and he looked REALLY good there! I can totally see him QB'ing the PP from the point at some juncture of this season. That would be some hell of a PP:

Zib, Panarin, Trouba, Kakko, and "Stone hands" (Kreider)