• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The moderators and their judgements

Fatfrancesa

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's silly because you have people in this thread self-admitting that they simply can't control themselves, and are asking me, and my team, to save them from themselves. The simplest solution to this is simply to not engage in topics you don't like, not to force my team to add to their workload by now having to police the forum for anything politically-oriented on top of what they already do.

I've responded dozens of times, in great detail, in this thread. That you can categorize that as me simply saying "no," is also silly. Not to mention dishonest and mildly insulting.

And yes, we're discussing one proposed adjustment right now that I think has a lot of merit to it.

One could argue that insisting on keeping a section that less than 10 people endorse is being immature as well.

But way to go with the name calling!

It could be just two people endorsing it for all I care. The fact of the matter is that the entire "problem" is self-inflicted. All you have to do — you, or anyone else with a problem here — is NOT READ THE THREADS. That's it.

I'm not trying to be insulting, but the fact that I'm being offered "save me from myself" as a solution to a "problem" is incredible to me.

It could be just two people endorsing it for all I care. The fact of the matter is that the entire "problem" is self-inflicted. All you have to do ? you, or anyone else with a problem here ? is NOT READ THE THREADS. That's it.

I'm not trying to be insulting, but the fact that I'm being offered "save me from myself" as a solution to a "problem" is incredible to me.

I'm just saying that you're calling the majority a vocal minority lol.

The fact that you don't understand not everyone has perfected the art of ignoring every provocation the way you have is incredible to me.

Congrats on being better.

When you log in and see the only threads active are political, and you see the post preview, it's not so easy to let things that are flat out false slide.

That's why you explained impeachment 73 times. Did it bring you Joy?

I offered a very easy solution. A user group. That's very doable.

It's not perfection. It's common sense. I hate fucking baseball. Ditto golf. Both are visual, verbal, audio (et al) sedatives to me. I don't demand that they not be on the menu. I simply don't order them (or read about them, or engage in those forums).

The issue of logging in and only seeing political has been addressed repeatedly, as well. MORE HOCKEY and MORE CONTENT. Then, when you log in, you aren't just seeing Trump, Trump, Trump, but instead Fast, Panarin, Brooks, Trump, Significant Others, some boring baseball thing, Trouba, Immigration, Impeachment, Kravtosv, etc.

I already answered the joy question above.

And the "very easy solution" you suggested isn't actually very easy. It's a truck load more work for me to save you guys from yourselves when the simplest solution is for you to just not shoot yourself in the foot.

It's not perfection. It's common sense. I hate fucking baseball. Ditto golf. Both are visual, verbal, audio (et al) sedatives to me. I don't demand that they not be on the menu. I simply don't order them (or read about them, or engage in those forums).

The issue of logging in and only seeing political has been addressed repeatedly, as well. MORE HOCKEY and MORE CONTENT. Then, when you log in, you aren't just seeing Trump, Trump, Trump, but instead Fast, Panarin, Brooks, Trump, Significant Others, some boring baseball thing, Trouba, Immigration, Impeachment, Kravtosv, etc.

I already answered the joy question above.

And the "very easy solution" you suggested isn't actually very easy. It's a truck load more work for me to save you guys from yourselves when the simplest solution is for you to just not shoot yourself in the foot.

Baseball doesn't enrage you, so it's not the same.

But, do you buddy.

No, it's silly because you have people in this thread self-admitting that they simply can't control themselves, and are asking me, and my team, to save them from themselves. The simplest solution to this is simply to not engage in topics you don't like, not to force my team to add to their workload by now having to police the forum for anything politically-oriented on top of what they already do.

I've responded dozens of times, in great detail, in this thread. That you can categorize that as me simply saying "no," is also silly. Not to mention dishonest and mildly insulting.

And yes, we're discussing one proposed adjustment right now that I think has a lot of merit to it.

:catfight:

While you've replied to this thread, it has read, albeit politely, like you are simply saying, "no."

It was only earlier today (thread bans) that any kind of change was to be considered.

I also don't even disagree with the whole sentiment about people shooting themselves in the foot and then complaining about it.

While you've replied to this thread, it has read, albeit politely, like you are simply saying, "no."

It was only earlier today (thread bans) that any kind of change was to be considered.

I also don't even disagree with the whole sentiment about people shooting themselves in the foot and then complaining about it.

I know you're directing this at Phil, but he has been much kinder and more open about it than you're giving him credit for. This thread is open simply out of mods (not me) being willing to hear people out, so complaining about the answers is just more of the whining I mentioned earlier. I would have shut this thread down completely before it reached page 2, so have a little perspective probably.

Having a separate user group doesn’t solve anything. Once a poster goes at it with another poster politically, that’s the end of whatever amicable relationship existed before and is damaged beyond repair in the future. I swear, I think you political freaks would rather walk in on your wife blowing the mailman vs. budging off your political soap boxes. All the arguing for what? What are you learning? What’s going to change? ZEEEERRROOO. You assholes are still gonna wake up everyday, take a shower, feed your kids, go to work, come home, feed your kids, watch the Rangers, jerk off, and go to bed. Rinse and repeat.

Whatever relationships are damaged here now, are done. Don’t let new posters go at it with other new or old posters about politics and keep damaging the board. It will happen again, no doubt about it. If you leave shit to hockey, other sports, home improvements, etc ... you can have a heated discussion without holding vendettas. Fuck, I went at it with Ray, Dave, Rhom, Phil, Pete, and Vodka at times, never because of politics. I’m friends with all these assholes now. I even went to Pete’s wedding, picked up a table for Phil, fucked Vodka’s wife, etc ... I text with them, friends on sm, etc. And they would still ban and infract me if warranted, and I probably deserve it. Take your sentence and stfu.

I know you're directing this at Phil, but he has been much kinder and more open about it than you're giving him credit for. This thread is open simply out of mods (not me) being willing to hear people out, so complaining about the answers is just more of the whining I mentioned earlier. I would have shut this thread down completely before it reached page 2, so have a little perspective probably.

Maybe you're right. And maybe I'm lumping up Phil's posts with those of yours and AJs as well.

It's been a collective, "no" up until earlier it changed to a, "maybe we can change something."

Maybe you're right. And maybe I'm lumping up Phil's posts with those of yours and AJs as well.

It's been a collective, "no" up until earlier it changed to a, "maybe we can change something."

My opinion is an unequivocal no and I find this thread to be toxic. That's not Phil or the mod position as a whole lol, just to be clear.

My default position is no. The fact this thread is still open and I'm responding to and listening to everyone's suggestions, concerns, criticisms, etc. is the evidence I'm willing to be talked off of it. Your inability to convince me doesn't mean I never considered it. I just don't agree with enough of what's been presented to wholesale nuke the section. Not yet, at least. I am open to change, just as I have been in the past. We're on the third iteration of the subforum, after all.

That said, I did get testy this morning because I'm growing a little weary of the thread, and I was just tired. So I apologize if I came off dickish.

My default position is no. The fact this thread is still open and I'm responding to and listening to everyone's suggestions, concerns, criticisms, etc. is the evidence I'm willing to be talked off of it. Your inability to convince me doesn't mean I never considered it. I just don't agree with enough of what's been presented to wholesale nuke the section. Not yet, at least. I am open to change, just as I have been in the past. We're on the third iteration of the subforum, after all.

That said, I did get testy this morning because I'm growing a little weary of the thread, and I was just tired. So I apologize if I came off dickish.

Thanks for listening and not calling it whining or toxic. :thumbs:
  • Like 1

I think you're operating under the assumption that other people are as mature as You are. Very clearly others, myself included, are not lol.

I appreciate the complement. But I've certainly acted like an asshole in some threads. I've got a temper, and drinking and posting loosens my inhibitions and judgement with uneven results.

Having a separate user group doesn’t solve anything. Once a poster goes at it with another poster politically, that’s the end of whatever amicable relationship existed before and is damaged beyond repair in the future. I swear, I think you political freaks would rather walk in on your wife blowing the mailman vs. budging off your political soap boxes. All the arguing for what? What are you learning? What’s going to change? ZEEEERRROOO. You assholes are still gonna wake up everyday, take a shower, feed your kids, go to work, come home, feed your kids, watch the Rangers, jerk off, and go to bed. Rinse and repeat.

Whatever relationships are damaged here now, are done. Don’t let new posters go at it with other new or old posters about politics and keep damaging the board. It will happen again, no doubt about it. If you leave shit to hockey, other sports, home improvements, etc ... you can have a heated discussion without holding vendettas. Fuck, I went at it with Ray, Dave, Rhom, Phil, Pete, and Vodka at times, never because of politics. I’m friends with all these assholes now. I even went to Pete’s wedding, picked up a table for Phil, fucked Vodka’s wife, etc ... I text with them, friends on sm, etc. And they would still ban and infract me if warranted, and I probably deserve it. Take your sentence and stfu.

Sean Avery was divisive. In an imaginary thread, Greg loved Avery, Frank hated him, and they went at it for two solid pages. It got personal, both get infractions. 3 days later they are still carrying a grudge argument in another thread about who the greatest goalie is in Rangers history. Nothing but hockey content, and now Greg and Frank have bad blood.

It's up to Greg and Frank whether they want to have a vendetta. Doesn't matter whether it's Rangers, hockey, or whatever thread.

I appreciate the complement. But I've certainly acted like an asshole in some threads. I've got a temper, and drinking and posting loosens my inhibitions and judgement with uneven results.

Sean Avery was divisive. In an imaginary thread, Greg loved Avery, Frank hated him, and they went at it for two solid pages. It got personal, both get infractions. 3 days later they are still carrying a grudge argument in another thread about who the greatest goalie is in Rangers history. Nothing but hockey content, and now Greg and Frank have bad blood.

It's up to Greg and Frank whether they want to have a vendetta. Doesn't matter whether it's Rangers, hockey, or whatever thread.

Obviously you’re at happy hour, because you’re giving the exact opposite possible example of my example which indeed is fact. I just named 4-5 people that I got into it with over the years, which also included me receiving 49 (no exaggeration) warnings and infractions. I’m now friends with them all and agree and disagree in all other topics without wanting to stab each other. Except Pete, I always want to stab Pete.

Obviously you?re at happy hour, because you?re giving the exact opposite possible example of my example which indeed is fact. I just named 4-5 people that I got into it with over the years, which also included me receiving 49 (no exaggeration) warnings and infractions. I?m now friends with them all and agree and disagree in all other topics without wanting to stab each other. Except Pete, I always want to stab Pete.

http://clubphillyb.net/images/smilies/icon_knife.gif http://clubphillyb.net/images/smilies/icon_knife.gif http://clubphillyb.net/images/smilies/icon_knife.gif http://clubphillyb.net/images/smilies/icon_knife.gif http://clubphillyb.net/images/smilies/icon_knife.gif http://clubphillyb.net/images/smilies/icon_knife.gif http://clubphillyb.net/images/smilies/icon_knife.gif

Same.

But Ray can call me a cunt, along with 3-4 other posters and that's OK.

This place has really lost its way lol.

For the record, I don't feel like I know you at all, let alone well enough, to do that, but I was just jumping on the bandwagon...

cunt.

;985136]For the record, I don't feel like I know you at all, let alone well enough, to do that, but I was just jumping on the bandwagon...

cunt.

I know. I didn't care. That's why I just clapped back at Ray lol.

That said, this place has lost its identity. No one knows if the other one is joking. Mods are calling users whiners, publicly.

It's kind of a shame, really.

I agree. If only they didn't act like toddlers, we wouldn't even need to have this silly conversation.[/quote

If I had a button to ban people who had ideas I disagreed with I?d keep my cool too. Phil just stated that paragraph 2 is based on fact. So if calling the president a racist and other terrible things is not hyper partisan then what is coming from the left? If Phil agrees it?s fact so therefore ok, if not it?s hyper partisan and therefore open for punishment. The bullshit here is beyond belief