• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The moderators and their judgements

Fatfrancesa

Nope.

Yes. You just don't agree.

I should also note that when selecting the "right" Staff candidates, political lean (though it's taken into account) is a distant second to behavioral temperament. This isn't a CNN panel where I'm going to "hire" polar extremes for the sake of visual balance. I'm far more concerned with objectivity than I am party affiliation. On that front, AmericanJesus, RodrigueGabriel, and PuckHead are all fine choices thus far. Until they aren't. At which point I'll aim for an alternative.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do use the thread ban, but right now the rules are inversed — we go infractions first, then thread banning. Maybe that needs to reverse, I'm not sure. I'd certainly be open to having a conversation about why that would be of greater value and moreover why it wouldn't just increase the work load of the Staff.

But yeah, we set out with significantly harsher rules specifically for politics a bit ago. It's the only section of the forum where "different rules" apply. They're not so much different, either, as simply far more iron-fisted.

I think the thread ban could be useful.

Over the years I have consistently been more critical of Lundqvist than the average user (paid too much, past his prime, etc). It's better for me to avoid piling on or saying too much in a thread dedicated to Lundqvist because I just end up being a voice of negativity instead of adding anything constructive to the conversation.

We all have our triggers.

Yes. You just don't agree.

I should also note that when selecting the "right" Staff candidates, political lean (though it's taken into account) is a distant second to behavioral temperament. This isn't a CNN panel where I'm going to "hire" polar extremes for the sake of visual balance. I'm far more concerned with objectivity than I am party affiliation. On that front, AmericanJesus, RodrigueGabriel, and PuckHead are all fine choices thus far. Until they aren't. At which point I'll aim for an alternative.

Yeah, and you know I don’t really care. It’s a small a complaint, but whatever.

And I think that’s an important thing for all users to remember. Don’t take anything too seriously. It’s supposed to be fun. Even the political threads. If it’s not, don’t post, or avoid it. Some users love the debate aspect, some don’t. Engaging isn’t always required, nor should be required.

I think the thread ban could be useful.

Over the years I have consistently been more critical of Lundqvist than the average user (paid too much, past his prime, etc). It's better for me to avoid piling on or saying too much in a thread dedicated to Lundqvist because I just end up being a voice of negativity instead of adding anything constructive to the conversation.

We all have our triggers.

I disagree. All opinions should be welcomed and discussed.

Yeah, and you know I don?t really care. It?s a small a complaint, but whatever.

And I think that?s an important thing for all users to remember. Don?t take anything too seriously. It?s supposed to be fun. Even the political threads. If it?s not, don?t post, or avoid it. Some users love the debate aspect, some don?t. Engaging isn?t always required, nor should be required.

Might be time to bring back the Pierre for President sig...

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Phil while you may like to have other moderators infractions those in arguments with you, in reality it is you that had infracted most of the time. It is you that warns me that my rhetoric is to partisan, all the while your rhetoric is the same. You then infract me or ban me for doing much of what you do. When I don’t relent I get banned. I have reported mods. I have also sending questions with my reports. They are rarely answered in any timely manner if at all. Usually I get an infraction or a banning before a response ever comes. Regardless it is what it is. I brought it up here because it seems to be the only way to get an actual discussion of what is going on. I’m not the only one who feels like leaning right gets you little tolerance in the political section. Obviously Phil you are very impassioned with politics. Could you possibly believe your a good arbitrator in a political thread? In the hockey thread there is mainly one user here that invites everyone here at some point. But his belligerence is pretty much there in every thread. Some try and back off and play nice. I know of at least one posted who used to contribute all the time that has left because of the moderators inaction towards this person. Yes Pete you.

Phil while you may like to have other moderators infractions those in arguments with you, in reality it is you that had infracted most of the time. It is you that warns me that my rhetoric is to partisan, all the while your rhetoric is the same. You then infract me or ban me for doing much of what you do.

No, you were infracted for calling another user pompous, and ignoring a staff request.

When I don’t relent I get banned.

Correct. Same as anyone else who would do the same. Especially when asked by the Staff not to.

I have reported mods. I have also sending questions with my reports. They are rarely answered in any timely manner if at all.

Reporting a post ≠ to being justified about your complaint. We also tend to view questions written in reports as rhetorical — as in ones to ponder internally. Not to respond back to the user with. If you have specific questions you want explicitly answered, PM one of us and we'll be happy to respond.

Usually I get an infraction or a banning before a response ever comes.

Yeah, when you continue to break the rules. Am I supposed to just ignore violations becuase we haven't responded yet?

Regardless it is what it is. I brought it up here because it seems to be the only way to get an actual discussion of what is going on. I’m not the only one who feels like leaning right gets you little tolerance in the political section.

Leaning right is tolerated in exactly the same way leaning left is. There's no bias towards political lean. You broke forum rules and were infracted for them. Claiming — without evidence — that it's because we're out to get you because you don't subscribe to a preferred political lean (another falsehood) is simply dishonest.

Obviously Phil you are very impassioned with politics. Could you possibly believe your a good arbitrator in a political thread?

I certainly try to be, but as I've said repeatedly, if ever you disagree, report those posts and I'll happily let the Staff make a determination without me. Just remember — the act of reporting exists irrespective of the outcome.

In the hockey thread there is mainly one user here that invites everyone here at some point. But his belligerence is pretty much there in every thread. Some try and back off and play nice. I know of at least one posted who used to contribute all the time that has left because of the moderators inaction towards this person. Yes Pete you.

What inaction? Pete? He's been banned like three times in the last month. Again, these claims are utterly lacking in evidence.

In the hockey thread there is mainly one user here that invites everyone here at some point. But his belligerence is pretty much there in every thread. Some try and back off and play nice. I know of at least one posted who used to contribute all the time that has left because of the moderators inaction towards this person. Yes Pete you.

Meanwhile I didn't post here for a solid year... I read, but I didn't post.

You know what was different? A big fat nothing.

I think there's a wild epidemic of people on this board who can give it but they can't take it, and at times I'm guilty of it myself.

But to act like we're all not pretty much cut from the same cloth is pretty disingenuous.

There's maybe a handful of users who are better at handling it than others, but you're not one of them. To act like you're persecuted is flat out dishonest. The next time you sit there and say "this poster it does this, this poster does that," you should look the way you post. Guarantee you're guilty of the same shit. To hear you call me belligerent is laughable. If that's not pot calling kettle black I don't know what is.

(And PS if you have a problem with my presence here you should blame josh... not moderators.)

When I see a heated series of posts by two users, it turns a thread into a dialogue. I have seen situations where each party wanted to have the last word and be 'right'. Pete is one of my favorite posters, but I had to walk away from a couple of threads because of heated back and forth between the two of us.

When there is an escalating series of posts between you and a user (especially a moderator), I recommend walking away. First, because you're both derailing the thread. Other users tend to just let the dialogue work itself out, and won't post their own thoughts. Second, because you're more likely to write something that crosses the line and risks discipline.

There is always the temptation to have the personal parting shot, knowing that you risk consequences. Maybe it feels worth it to be able to tell another user off.

Ultimately, though, if you develop a reputation for personal attacks or straying from the thread, users will just put you on ignore or not engage with you. Your posts become a monologue instead of interacting with other users.

There's at least one user that is just a fly in the ointment to me - I completely discount their opinion because of how they have conducted themselves (no one posting in this thread so far).

I miss this place the way it used to be. I know I haven’t posted in a while, but it’s not because of the mods, Phil, Pete, Josh, or whoever else might that’s considered to mix it up, myself included. I can’t put my finger on it, but it’s just not the same. Could be because the Rangers suck the last few years, could be the combination of nit wits posting, could even be because of Trump. I wrote in here a couple of years ago that the political and religion threads should be banned because it would come to a head eventually. I think how this forum has changed over the last couple of years is a direct result of that.

I don’t hate or dislike anyone here because of their political views, mostly because I don’t give a fuck. Afaic, they’re all lying scumbag pussies who use the government as a shield to gain power and money. Cunts. Anywho, my point is anyone can get over a disagreement about the Rangers or hockey. Ex: Pete and I could disagree on pp stuff, fight about it for 2 days, but in another thread running simultaneously about a hit or offside call, whatever ... we can be in agreement and probably disagreeing with someone else. That doesn’t happen in politics. No one changes their minds. Ever. They have a stance, end of story. That’s what creates the constant animosity. Just my .02

• Like 1

I miss this place the way it used to be. I know I haven?t posted in a while, but it?s not because of the mods, Phil, Pete, Josh, or whoever else might that?s considered to mix it up, myself included. I can?t put my finger on it, but it?s just not the same. Could be because the Rangers suck the last few years, could be the combination of nit wits posting, could even be because of Trump. I wrote in here a couple of years ago that the political and religion threads should be banned because it would come to a head eventually. I think how this forum has changed over the last couple of years is a direct result of that.

I don?t hate or dislike anyone here because of their political views, mostly because I don?t give a fuck. Afaic, they?re all lying scumbag pussies who use the government as a shield to gain power and money. Cunts. Anywho, my point is anyone can get over a disagreement about the Rangers or hockey. Ex: Pete and I could disagree on pp stuff, fight about it for 2 days, but in another thread running simultaneously about a hit or offside call, whatever ... we can be in agreement and probably disagreeing with someone else. That doesn?t happen in politics. No one changes their minds. Ever. They have a stance, end of story. That?s what creates the constant animosity. Just my .02

I agree with all of this, great post douchebag

I miss this place the way it used to be. I know I haven’t posted in a while, but it’s not because of the mods, Phil, Pete, Josh, or whoever else might that’s considered to mix it up, myself included. I can’t put my finger on it, but it’s just not the same. Could be because the Rangers suck the last few years, could be the combination of nit wits posting, could even be because of Trump. I wrote in here a couple of years ago that the political and religion threads should be banned because it would come to a head eventually. I think how this forum has changed over the last couple of years is a direct result of that.

I don’t hate or dislike anyone here because of their political views, mostly because I don’t give a fuck. Afaic, they’re all lying scumbag pussies who use the government as a shield to gain power and money. Cunts. Anywho, my point is anyone can get over a disagreement about the Rangers or hockey. Ex: Pete and I could disagree on pp stuff, fight about it for 2 days, but in another thread running simultaneously about a hit or offside call, whatever ... we can be in agreement and probably disagreeing with someone else. That doesn’t happen in politics. No one changes their minds. Ever. They have a stance, end of story. That’s what creates the constant animosity. Just my .02

When I click on "What's New?" at the top and the only recent threads are in the political section, I wonder why I even come here.

I miss this place the way it used to be. I know I haven?t posted in a while, but it?s not because of the mods, Phil, Pete, Josh, or whoever else might that?s considered to mix it up, myself included. I can?t put my finger on it, but it?s just not the same. Could be because the Rangers suck the last few years, could be the combination of nit wits posting, could even be because of Trump. I wrote in here a couple of years ago that the political and religion threads should be banned because it would come to a head eventually. I think how this forum has changed over the last couple of years is a direct result of that.

I don?t hate or dislike anyone here because of their political views, mostly because I don?t give a fuck. Afaic, they?re all lying scumbag pussies who use the government as a shield to gain power and money. Cunts. Anywho, my point is anyone can get over a disagreement about the Rangers or hockey. Ex: Pete and I could disagree on pp stuff, fight about it for 2 days, but in another thread running simultaneously about a hit or offside call, whatever ... we can be in agreement and probably disagreeing with someone else. That doesn?t happen in politics. No one changes their minds. Ever. They have a stance, end of story. That?s what creates the constant animosity. Just my .02

Great post. Your presence on a regular basis is definitely missed on here Mike.

• Like 1

Great post. Your presence on a regular basis is definitely missed on here Mike.

Repped

I don't miss Mike at all.

Fuck you

I miss Mikey37 :rolleyes:

Did your girl leave you yet for someone better? You know, like an inmate pen pal or something ?

When I click on "What's New?" at the top and the only recent threads are in the political section' date=' I wonder why I even come here.[/quote']

This has been an issue since day one. I've basically begged people to post threads. No one does. Almost every story, signing, trade, whatever is put up by me, and if it isn't, we don't talk about it. There's an entire league's worth of drama going on. We — as a forum — need to capitalize on it more often.

u missed couple of the curse words in your rant. want to edit?

This has been an issue since day one. I've basically begged people to post threads. No one does. Almost every story, signing, trade, whatever is put up by me, and if it isn't, we don't talk about it. There's an entire league's worth of drama going on. We — as a forum — need to capitalize on it more often.

its hard to start new threads when u guys close them. ex. the hot chicks thread.