• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Too Early to Start the 'Fire Quinn' Thread?

Art20c

I disagree. Anderssen has been playing fine. better than Howden for sure. that's why people are having a fit with howden playing up and down the line up while Andersen, who many think played better is banished with scrubs

Well that's part of my issue with Quinn... he seems to be punishing guys that he feels are not playing his hockey more than guys that are playing bad hockey.

That approach kills creativity. Kills players. They're too worried about impressing the coach instead of trying to play hockey.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd just love to hear his reasoning on why Anderssen is stuck on the 4th line. I think every other player was tried on some other line but him

he got lost on the bench

he needs to move his feet and play faster

he needs to pay attention to the small things when on the ice

He’s in over his head here. Might be a good coach down the road, but NY isn’t the spot for his first go round.

I don't think he's in over his head quite yet. Water's rising some.

I think he's made some odd personnel decisions around Kakko, but it's hard to argue that Andersson, for example, has earned 2C time so much as Strome/Howden have blown it.

I don't think he's in over his head quite yet. Water's rising some.

I think he's made some odd personnel decisions around Kakko, but it's hard to argue that Andersson, for example, has earned 2C time so much as Strome/Howden have blown it.

He thought because he coached at BU he could handle a big city. College is a liiiiiiitle different than the NHL. No one cares about BU except BU.

I dated Mike Schafer's niece for three years, that was in 2002. He had been there for a decade at that point. He's still there. They've won nothing.

What a gig.

College hockey : play to get laid, noticed by NHL scouts, or both.

i'd just love to hear his reasoning on why Anderssen is stuck on the 4th line. I think every other player was tried on some other line but him

“Lias has to play faster, from play-to-play,” Quinn said. “He has a tendency to kind of stand up after he does something. He doesn’t have a lot of continuation within his play. He knows that. We’ve talked about it. Those are the things that he’s going to have to do if he’s going to get more minutes and more responsibility.”

“Lias has to play faster, from play-to-play,” Quinn said. “He has a tendency to kind of stand up after he does something. He doesn’t have a lot of continuation within his play. He knows that. We’ve talked about it. Those are the things that he’s going to have to do if he’s going to get more minutes and more responsibility.”

Are you sure you weren't talking about Howden, coach?

thanks. I will have to watch Lias a little closer tonight to see what Harlequinn means

Eventually someone has to figure out a defensive structure for this team.

Can't win consistently with numbers like this

Shot attempts against: 30th

Shots on goal against: 31st

High-danger chances against: 31st

Expected goals against: 30th

Goals against: 29th

I guess we better suit up, RJ!! ;)

Seriously man, those numbers are pretty shitty.