• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#5) Rangers @ Washington Capitals // Impeach The Caps!

High and Wide

Player of the game:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Player of the game:

• Artemi Panarin
    • Adam Fox
    • Henrik Lundqvist
    • Mika Zibanejad
    • Other: Please specify

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted Lundqvist. I listened to most of the game, as I couldn?t watch. Caps announcers were gushing about him the entire game. Watching the goals, maybe the 2nd oshie goal (tip) could be put on him, but most goals against were Coach O?Reilly- clear the trash goals against. Fault on defense.

Just watched the condensed game.. terrible defensive effort. What the hell is quinn teaching these guys??

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

“Go go go go go”, which I like...

But the rangers have a bunch of skilled Euros, that play a different atyle, and a bunch of plugs that have no skill or skating. Which results in a bunch of confused kids.

“Your little Duck tricks are not gonna work at this level”, coach

come home for vancouver, arizona, buffalo. team has to play one game at a time. but for me, a playoff caliber team takes at least 4 points on that stretch of 3 games.

Don't look now, but each of those teams has had real hot starts. We get Vancouver on the second of a b2b, so that might help, but those aren't bad teams at all.

With Smith on the 3rd line there is seriously no team less skilled than the Rangers (maybe Ottawa).

Im starting to doubt if quinn has what it takes to take this team through a rebuild. Only player thats got better since he came is Zib, and thats not because of Quinn.

?The game he?s been playing to this point [in his career] so far, is not gonna happen from here on in? - quinn when talking about Kakko.

?We know you are a one of the best prospect in the world, but now its time to forget everything you?ve learned and play dump and chase with some plugs?

With Smith on the 3rd line there is seriously no team less skilled than the Rangers (maybe Ottawa).

Im starting to doubt if quinn has what it takes to take this team through a rebuild. Only player thats got better since he came is Zib, and thats not because of Quinn.

?The game he?s been playing to this point [in his career] so far, is not gonna happen from here on in? - quinn when talking about Kakko.

?We know you are a one of the best prospect in the world, but now its time to forget everything you?ve learned and play dump and chase with some plugs?

That might be an overreaction.

I think it's maturity that comes with understanding there's a time to try and take the puck in yourself, and there are times to dump it and Chase it. It's understanding when those times are. The best players in the world, sometimes dump the puck in.

I?m not sure what everyone was expecting this year. Some of their play right now has to do with the schedule. Most it has to do with their lineup. As much as everyone wants to see Kakko, Kravtsov and Chytil score 30 goals, they are just teenagers. Their time will come. In the meantime, The likes of Andersson and Howden will learn the bottom 6 role. This rebuild is still 2 years away (this year and next) from being a legit playoff team imo

Why oh why, pray tell, is #42 even on the roster, let alone playing a significant role? Took yet another stupid, mindless penalty that cost the team. Ditto for #18.

GO RANGERS!!

He played well enough last night.

And the mindless penalty was a questionable instigator.

What other mindless penalties are you speaking of from him when you say ?another??

That might be an overreaction.

I think it's maturity that comes with understanding there's a time to try and take the puck in yourself, and there are times to dump it and Chase it. It's understanding when those times are. The best players in the world, sometimes dump the puck in.

Yeah, maybe. I'm just frustrated by a lot of things Quinn does.

Like why was DeAngelo benched in the 3rd? He wasn't good defensively, but neither were the "veteran" D-men. DeAngelo atleast can do something in the O-zone, so why bench him and let Staal play every 2nd shift when we are down 4-2?

Like why was DeAngelo benched in the 3rd? He wasn't good defensively, but neither were the "veteran" D-men. DeAngelo atleast can do something in the O-zone, so why bench him and let Staal play every 2nd shift when we are down 4-2?

DeAngelo has been a trainwreck in his own zone again, that's why. I'm not sure why this fascination for him. I guess because he's confident with the puck. It doesn't make him a good defenseman.

Well the veteran demon aren't going to learn the lesson from benching that a young player will

Well the veteran demon aren't going to learn the lesson from benching that a young player will

I would think playing is better than sitting on the bench when it comes to learning, but I dont know.

Still frustrating for a young player see the veterans do mistake after mistake and still get lots of ice time, but as soon as he does one little mistake he?s out for the rest of the game.

I would think playing is better than sitting on the bench when it comes to learning, but I dont know.

Still frustrating for a young player see the veterans do mistake after mistake and still get lots of ice time, but as soon as he does one little mistake he?s out for the rest of the game.

I hear you, but that's a little bit of an oversimplification.

is it a veteran making a mistake because they can't keep up with the play, versus a rookie making a stupid mistake when they knew better? There's a big difference there.