• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#4) Rangers @ New Jersey Devils // The Kakko v. Hughes Chronicles

Drew a Penalty

Who was the Player of the Game?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the Player of the Game?

• Tony DeAngelo
    • Ryan Strome
    • Jesper Fast
    • Pavel Buchnevich
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First game Ive seen this season...not impressed....

- Zone Entrys were terrible

- Power Play was terrible

- Goaltending was suspect

No high expectations from this guy this year.....another growing year...

Didn't seem remotely interested in dump and chase. With really one decent functional line, that's embarrassing.

Buchnevich has 4 SOG in 4 games playing 1st line and PP1 with Zibanejad and Panarin. Thats almost shockingly bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Wow-weird.

Henrik has a fun interview posted by NHL on twitter where he said he can’t read his release when he’s close. But he’s going n a line where he has a lot of pressure to give the puck to line mates

Also, isnt it weird that Fox had to go through the concussion protocol after the hit, but they just gave Hall 2 min. They say it was a hit to the head so he needs to check it, but it wasnt a hit to the head according to the call? How?

Also, isnt it weird that Fox had to go through the concussion protocol after the hit, but they just gave Hall 2 min. They say it was a hit to the head so he needs to check it, but it wasnt a hit to the head according to the call? How?

NYR did not play well tonight, and the PP was awful. But if that was a 5 minute and Hall given the game misconduct he so richly deserves might-only might-have been a different game.Who knows-the PP was atrocious. Really at a loss how the NHL spends all kinds of time and energy talking about eliminating head shots and then has a guy leave his feet and give an elbow to another player's head and hey, boys will be boys, no big deal. Even had Milbury and Maguire complaining about a soft call on the Devs.

Disagree. He was terrible in the preseason. I have no issue sending him to the AHL to work on his game for a couple of weeks while plugging in Smith for the two games the Rangers have played since.

Sure, but since being sent down he has played well for Hartford for a couple of weeks.

If you're looking for an alternative to playing Smith as a winger it's right there.

I imagine it happens soon anyway.

I thought Hughes had some good moments but was obviously crazy nervous in the 1st.

Kakko looks like an NHL player right now but there were two criticisms of him before draft that I think are pretty fair after watching him.

A) He's not an elite skater

B) He's not an elite shooter

He's kind of struggling to get his shot off and he's not pulling away from people.

Although Hughes had an assist, he looked out of place while Kakko looked much more like a regular. Time will tell how this battle turns out but right now Kakko looks better
Agree. Devil's fans I know say he's been pretty invisible and wonder if he should even be in the NHL right now.

I thought Hughes had some good moments but was obviously crazy nervous in the 1st.

Kakko looks like an NHL player right now but there were two criticisms of him before draft that I think are pretty fair after watching him.

A) He's not an elite skater

B) He's not an elite shooter

He's kind of struggling to get his shot off and he's not pulling away from people.

I definitely see him needing to play with somebody who can move the puck through the neutral zone.

He doesn't look like that guy.