• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Quinn Needs to Get a Clue on Andersson

skjeitheday

Andersson has been really good in the 8 minutes he's getting at ES.

The only justification I can see is that they want to see some sustained success (i.e. more than 3 games) to get his confidence up before expending that role. There's alot more expectation and pressure on the 2nd line, not to mention better competition. Success in 8 mins against other team's 4th line doesn't necessarily mean success in an expanded role.

That said, don't see what Howden's done to earn more ice other than his motor. But someone has to play 2C.

Frankly, I don't see how Kakko fits with any of Strome, Howden, Lias or Kreider....

I thought Lias had another solid game. Played under 10 min of ES, but thought he had some nice plays.

Howden and Strome is still doing nothing, so would like to see Lias atleast getting 3rd line minutes. Get chytil up, McKegg and Haley out and go with:

Kreider - Zib - Kakko

Panarin - Chytil - Buch

Lemieux - Lias - Fast

Smith - Howden - Strome

Panarin, Zib, Kakko, Kreids, Trouba PP1.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I agree. I cannot understand why he does not experiment with breaking up the top line.

For example, put back KZB since we know they can play together.

Try Breadman, Anderson and Kakko. Breadman is a winger who can control the play, he plays like a center. Put Lias there to be the defensive center and Kakko to finish.

Third should have Howden centering Chytle and Kratzov.

Fourth should be shut down with say Fast, Nieves and Lemieux.

Why have guys like Haley who takes bad penalties and McKegg who cannot finish around Anderson.

It makes no sense to me. I would imagine that you would try and balance your lines and play these kids.

But I'm not the coach.

It?s still early so I?m not saying Quinn is a bad coach or anything but some of his decisions so far have been perplexing this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

Gotta love the way Smith draws penalties though.

Uhhhhh, what? Wait? Dump Quinn? Jumping the gun much? The guy wants a team playing a certain way. He wasn?t hired to coach the game the way guys play. Old or young - doesn?t matter. Lias has been better. Smith?s minutes are a conundrum unless it?s about showcasing. Patience, have patience.

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

The guy wants a team playing a certain way. He wasn?t hired to coach the game the way guys play.

I don't know if this is true, although it seems that way at times. And it worries me.

Typically, a great coach can take a group of players and mould them into a coherent unit, taking advantage of their individual strengths and weaknesses.

An average coach can only coach a certain system and needs the players to play his way.