• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#3) Rangers v. Edmonton Oilers // The McKegg Era Begins

Phil

Who was the Player of the Game?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the Player of the Game?

• Kaapo Kakko
    • Jacob Trouba
    • Mika Zibanejad
    • Artemi Panarin
    • Other (please specify)

We need to spread the scoring around. If they put Kakko on the 1st line they need to put Panarin on the 2nd.

Kreider - Mika - Kakko

Panarin - someone - Buch

Maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

In principle I would agree with you, but I am not willing to let our elite players suffer because they have to try and elevate guys playing above their position/talent level. If all we have is one awesome line (and PP) for a while, fine. The rest is open competition for basically anyone to step up and take it.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quinn played the 1st line 23-24 minutes, which isn't going to pay dividends as the season goes on.

McDavid line played 20, and it's the better line, though they do have a capable 2C.

Also some pretty good redemption for Tippet, who many wrote off. He has his squad playing very good, structured, defensive hockey and he's been there about 15 minutes. Rangers look the same now as the day Quinn was hired.

I'm not mad about dumping Namestnikov, I just don't understand the point if they're not going to use the cap space, or if they freed his spot up to play garbage like Mckegg, Haley and Smith.

Really happy for him, he's easy to like imo, and became a pretty hard worker under Quinn.

In principle I would agree with you, but I am not willing to let our elite players suffer because they have to try and elevate guys playing above their position/talent level. If all we have is one awesome line (and PP) for a while, fine. The rest is open competition for basically anyone to step up and take it.

Thats what all teams do. Mcdavid plays with Kassian, Crosby has played with all kind of bums.

And its not like they will play with McKegg. Panarin and Buch seems to have some chemistry, Kreider the same with Mika.

The lineup I posted all summer:

KZB

Panarin - Chytil - Kravtsov

Strome - Andersson- Kakko

I’m pretty close to you on this.

Definitely

Kreider Zibanejad buchnevich

Panarin strome kakko

At least for now until those guys come up from Hartford

Also this game is not surprising at all. Such a long break after such a long offseason. It’s like they are still waiting to get into the rhythm of the season. Day game to boot. Not an easy spot at all and frankly they are very young and inexperienced to expect a great response to a difficult schedule

The lineup I posted all summer:

KZB

Panarin - Chytil - Kravtsov

Strome - Andersson- Kakko

I agree, but with Chytil and Kravtsov in the A it makes things harder. McKegg and Smith cant play a top 6 role, neither should Fast, Howden, Lemieux or Lias (atleast for now).

I’m pretty close to you on this.

Definitely

Kreider Zibanejad buchnevich

Panarin strome kakko

At least for now until those guys come up from Hartford

Also this game is not surprising at all. Such a long break after such a long offseason. It’s like they are still waiting to get into the rhythm of the season. Day game to boot. Not an easy spot at all and frankly they are very young and inexperienced to expect a great response to a difficult schedule

I always stated my lineup was for depth. Rangers don’t have the horses (currently) to stack a line and still be competitive with lines 2 and 3. But Zibanejad and Panarin can both carry a line, and kakko will too, soon enough.

Seriously they don?t play for a week then come back on the day and time everyone is likely out doing stuff lol. I?ll likely miss most of this game.

Kakko gets his first you heard it here

Called it