• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade Vladislav Namestnikov to Ottawa for Nick Ebert, 2021 4th

Phil

It's not ideal, I agree, but it's clearly a work in progress. I seriously doubt this is the lineup Gorton envisioned.

Yea, I'm sure it's temporary. I can't imagine they're going to go 40 games with Lias playing 8:00 between Smith/McKegg.

Though, honestly, if they're committed to keeping the centers at center and not putting the skill guys on the 4th line, idk what the solution is. If you don't move two of chytil, Lias, Howden, Strome to wing, the math just doesn't work.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it's beyond just Strome, Andersson, and Howden, though. There's still Chytil to contend with. There simply aren't enough C spots to house all of them, so more than one player is going to need to convert to a full-time winger.

it's beyond just Strome, Andersson, and Howden, though. There's still Chytil to contend with. There simply aren't enough C spots to house all of them, so more than one player is going to need to convert to a full-time winger.

Which is why I specifically said two of the four lol

I wouldn't mind seeing Chytil moved to the wing, IMO, last year he looked better on the wing than in center. Storm can also be moved to the wing, and put out there in key defensive zone draws with another center.

I just don't think this is true. He wasn't really that good anywhere he played. He just happened to be playing on wing most of the time.

Which is why I specifically said two of the four lol

I completely misread your post. Selective reading on my part, I guess.

But for sure, they're in a pickle here. Dam has to break at some point (which is another reason not to sign Strome).

I'm rolling with Future and Josh on this one. Something's definitely up....

They could've waited until the deadline for this one, and even coupled him with Kreider or a prospect for a higher pick.

There's smoke here.....Gorton's up to something! I trust him though. He and JD are doing this very tactfully, and I believe in what they're doing so far. I'm curious to see what's up for down the pike a little bit.

if they want to keep anderssen on fourth and Howden on third, they must get rid of strome too. Or move him to third and move up anderssen to center the second line. strome is not 2nd line C material

I would actually strongly consider this if Andersson keeps playing like he has through camp and the first two games, and Strome continues to do the square root of fuck all.

He's not going anywhere, and if he does, good riddance. If being scratched for a game or two in the AHL is a nonstarter, he should be a nonstarter for the organization. They're building character players/winners, not entitled assholes.

Link:

None of this makes sense.

- Dont need cap space

- this move does not effect any rostered kids

- to reiterate that it doesnt help non-roster kids: no call-ups

Unless they are trading for a young player with a pricey contract. cap space to acquire, spot to play new young player, and no call-ups required.

I'm rolling with Future and Josh on this one. Something's definitely up....

They could've waited until the deadline for this one, and even coupled him with Kreider or a prospect for a higher pick.

There's smoke here.....Gorton's up to something! I trust him though. He and JD are doing this very tactfully, and I believe in what they're doing so far. I'm curious to see what's up for down the pike a little bit.

To be fair, I don't think they're up to anything.

I just think the timing is stupid lol

He's not going anywhere, and if he does, good riddance. If being scratched for a game or two in the AHL is a nonstarter, he should be a nonstarter for the organization. They're building character players/winners, not entitled assholes.

What's his AHL salary?

I don't agree. I don t want lose a world class talent, if he ever becomes one, because someone thinks he has no character

None of this makes sense.

- Dont need cap space

- this move does not effect any rostered kids

- to reiterate that it doesnt help non-roster kids: no call-ups

Unless they are trading for a young player with a pricey contract. cap space to acquire, spot to play new young player, and no call-ups required.

trading for center, me thinks. strome and kravtsov the other way

What's his AHL salary?

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/vitali-kravtsov

Let's not forget this is a 19 year old kid, displaced from his home, his family, with hopes to play in NYC... only to see him lose roster spots to Namestnikov (gone), Haley, McKegg, hold-out Lemieux, 2-shift Strome, Howden, and then the guy you always hate to get beat by - Jesper Fast. Now he goes down to Hartford, nothing Russian related, riding a bus with a bunch of AHL journeymen that speak a different language... I mean, thats a tough week for anyone, let alone a kid with no one on the continent.

• Like 1

More

DQ said he doesn’t know the specifics of why Kravtsov got scratched Sunday in Hartford, but did say, “Sometimes there are areas a player needs to be aware of that are non-negotiable. And if that doesn't happen, then you gotta take the proper steps to make sure they understand.”

smells attitude related. would imagine he's a bit frosted he got sent down. hopefully nothing more than a few growing pains.

he sure didn't look happy when he scored that goal in pre season. could be an age thing and adjusting to life in the land of the free.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/vitali-kravtsov

Let's not forget this is a 19 year old kid, displaced from his home, his family, with hopes to play in NYC... only to see him lose roster spots to Namestnikov (gone), Haley, McKegg, hold-out Lemieux, 2-shift Strome, Howden, and then the guy you always hate to get beat by - Jesper Fast. Now he goes down to Hartford, nothing Russian related, riding a bus with a bunch of AHL journeymen that speak a different language... I mean, thats a tough week for anyone, let alone a kid with no one on the continent.

What a whiner. Lured over to NA, then demoted, costing him probably a net 500k, or more.

I don't get it, why doesn't he want to ride busses and eat microwaved chicken fingers every night?