• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Trade Vladislav Namestnikov to Ottawa for Nick Ebert, 2021 4th

Phil

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/vitali-kravtsov

Let's not forget this is a 19 year old kid, displaced from his home, his family, with hopes to play in NYC... only to see him lose roster spots to Namestnikov (gone), Haley, McKegg, hold-out Lemieux, 2-shift Strome, Howden, and then the guy you always hate to get beat by - Jesper Fast. Now he goes down to Hartford, nothing Russian related, riding a bus with a bunch of AHL journeymen that speak a different language... I mean, thats a tough week for anyone, let alone a kid with no one on the continent.

agreed. wasn't like Buchie just jumped into the water as well. sometimes does this take time.

To be fair, I don't think they're up to anything.

I just think the timing is stupid lol

It is a little silly if they have nothing brewing. I'm not sure I buy that from Gorton though, Future. I think Gorton has something cooking...a salary dump? Now? ...Why? We're under the cap, and we're only a couple games into the season. Selling Namestnikov now is like selling a stock at a low.

Something's gotta be brewing...maybe for something not-so-imminent, but coming soon. I think Josh is on to something with his ideas...

Let's not forget this is a 19 year old kid, displaced from his home, his family, with hopes to play in NYC... only to see him lose roster spots to Namestnikov (gone), Haley, McKegg, hold-out Lemieux, 2-shift Strome, Howden, and then the guy you always hate to get beat by - Jesper Fast. Now he goes down to Hartford, nothing Russian related, riding a bus with a bunch of AHL journeymen that speak a different language... I mean, thats a tough week for anyone, let alone a kid with no one on the continent.

Aw, poor guy. Playing hockey for plenty of $$$; more than most make working their butts off. I don't believe that he is gonna sulk, mope or jump off a cliff. More than likely, as many before him, will work hard and learn by playing ALOT. He'll be back sooner than most think. there'll be plenty of shuffling with this organization, imo.

GO RANGERS!!

Aw, poor guy. Playing hockey for plenty of $$$; more than most make working their butts off. I don't believe that he is gonna sulk, mope or jump off a cliff. More than likely, as many before him, will work hard and learn by playing ALOT. He'll be back sooner than most think. there'll be plenty of shuffling with this organization, imo.

GO RANGERS!!

I'm sure you'd be happy with 70k in a strange placewhen the employer you just left, at home, was offering probably 500k.

No biggy. These guys aren't human beings, or anything.

GO RANGERS!!

Someone is making sense here.

GO RANGERS!!

Gotta protect your assets, and get them to grow. If the kid is sulking, its not helping him or the team.

love me all the conspiracy theories around the dumping of a guy that served no meaningful purpose here since day one. Now apparently it may lead to Kravstov running back to russia. #fakenews

I agree with Phil if the kid is that much of an entitled prick good riddance to him as well. I also think the odds of that are pretty close to 0.0

Wonder if Igor follows him home next too?

Names is apparently another guy who's value here is going to grow with time rather than the reality that it didn't work out.

I just don't think this is true. He wasn't really that good anywhere he played. He just happened to be playing on wing most of the time.

Agreed

And for what it?s worth, they kind of NEED Chytil to be a C. Not quite to the extent that they need to completely force it, but that is what they want.

I'm sure you'd be happy with 70k in a strange placewhen the employer you just left, at home, was offering probably 500k.

No biggy. These guys aren't human beings, or anything.

i didn't say they weren't human. However, they all chose to play pro hockey and I'd wager that along the way, many people have told them all that you have to earn your stripes. Sure isn't the first and only player in history, nor will he be the last that had to toil in the minors for the " paltry " sum of $70,000.00 as you say, hoping to land an NHL roster spot. I've no idea what his contract pays and couldn't care less. He sure isn't entitled to a spot on the NYR, imo.

GO RANGERS!!

Except he's there with the 2 guys he spent all summer with in Rykov and Shesty.

Also, cross off the 4th liners on your list, he wasn't competing with them for a spot.

He also could have... You know... Played better and earned the spot?