• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

On Pure Talent, are the Rangers a Playoff Team?

LeetchFan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think some of us will always pick playoffs, and some will always pick draft.

We had people wanting to make the playoffs the last 2 seasons when the team was horrible, and people that wanted to get better draft picks when they were competing for the cup.

who should they trade besides kreider? just asking.

given it's a deep draft but hell, i want to see these guys win. a winning culture will do much more for these guys down the road than another top 5 (see edmonton)

Strome, Kreider, McKegg, Haley, Staal, Smith, Georgiev, Fast, Lemieux, DeAngelo

Uh, no. They had 2 lines, and stellar goaltending.

And 2 of the best players in the world. Now I love Sid and Panarin, but Crosby and Malkin they ain't (nevermind Kessel).

This.

Simply can?t compare our forward group to theirs. Not only in regards to talent, but also ability to perform deep in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It's really 2 questions; are the NYR are solid no doubt lock playoff team that under the right matchup go into a 2nd round, for which the answer is no. And are the NYR good enough to sneak into a 7/8 EC playoff slot, and to the answer is maybe. Of the opinion there's nothing bad about getting in, period. There's no other way for young players to understand the playoffs than actually play in the playoffs.

I still think that's what they should have done from the beginning

K-Z-B

Pan - Warm Body - Kakko

True but right now Panarin and Zib look super comfortable together and scary part is they are still feel each other out.But you wonder if the season goes on and the other lines, especially the second line struggle to score if splitting them up is the answer.

True but right now Panarin and Zib look super comfortable together and scary part is they are still feel each other out.But you wonder if the season goes on and the other lines, especially the second line struggle to score if splitting them up is the answer.

Depends if they are winning or not. Though I agree with you guys that I would have separated them going into the season, there's no way you can do it now. They look like a top 5 duo in the league.

being it's a talent thread here's his biggest asset to this team.

http://Https://twitter.com/RangersMSGN/status/1183489677329928194

LOL Smith f?ed himself by getting married and arriving in camp out of shape. Vagina is a powerful thing, but at the expense of tossing your career?