• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 Reports From the Rink ? Practice Updates Thread

Phil

he looked good in preseason, better than any other forward his age or younger.

And then playing with Smith Haley and McKegg he didn't look as effective... HMMM....

Yet Smith and Haley and McKegg managed to put pucks in nets... And Lias couldn't ...

Love the narrative that Haley was some kind regular and didn't only play half the games. Just adds to the smoke and mirrors of... Lias sucks.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kakko has had some blah games when he was invisible earlier in the season. . But he also has had some electric moments, and he's gotten better every games. And before his illness he was arguably the most impressive forward other than Panarin (since Mikka's injury). Andersson has not once had any instances like that. Not one.

Kakko had 1 ES point in his first 11 games and was -12 (going off memory), since he's practically a PPG.

The kid was awful, but was put in a position to play to his strengths and succeed. And its helped his game tremendously.

Fox getting favorable matchups, PP time and has played 1 SH shift all season.

ADA - 1st unit PP, no pk

Hajek favorable minutes while sucking

Howden - 3C when he should have been sent down, PP time, Kakko, top 6 linemates

Kakko - PP time, 1 game of less playing time, moved to top line with 0 points after several games

Kakko had 1 ES point in his first 11 games and was -12 (going off memory), since he's practically a PPG.

The kid was awful, but was put in a position to play to his strengths and succeed. And its helped his game tremendously.

ADA - 1st unit PP, no pk

Kakko - PP time, 1 game of less playing time, moved to top line with 0 points after several games

No disagreement, but this kid has gotten better and better as the season has progressed. Seems he took Quinn's direction to heart. Andersson has been invisible, even if his minutes have dropped. I wish it were otherwise, but he doesn't do much when he's in the game.

Put it this way; it's a lot like Vesey. Vesey often appeared to assume as son of a scout and having been a high draft pick, he was a given to get a sweater and a top 6 slot every night. Looked like he floated through games. You have to work and do what the coach wants, or at least get on the scoresheet regularly. Andersson is not doing those things.

Lots of ripping on Howden,but he's doing the little things the coach wants.

Quinn disagrees.

And that’s what most of us have been having an issue with, this set of rules he sets out, but randomly but arbitrarily applies. Then comes up with this “bank” of plays.

I have no issue with what Quinn asks from his players. I’m very similar with my men’s team (skate! Go! Move! Fast!) and it’s the same thing I point out among youth players wondering why their skills aren’t transferring at the next level (you need to move, you need to be fast), it’s the picking and choosing, and the god damn favorites like it’s peewee hockey.

I don’t think Quinn put him in a place to succeed (practically admitted yesterday) and punished him accordingly.

And that?s what most of us have been having an issue with, this set of rules he sets out, but randomly but arbitrarily applies. Then comes up with this ?bank? of plays.

I have no issue with what Quinn asks from his players. I?m very similar with my men?s team (skate! Go! Move! Fast!) and it?s the same thing I point out among youth players wondering why their skills aren?t transferring at the next level (you need to move, you need to be fast), it?s the picking and choosing, and the god damn favorites like it?s peewee hockey.

I don?t think Quinn put him in a place to succeed (practically admitted yesterday) and punished him accordingly.

The only thing I disagree with here is "arbitrarily applies".

The only thing I disagree with here is "arbitrarily applies".

You seem to be right on this one. I thought the quotes from Quinn and Carpiniello cleared things up a whole lot.

This appears to be about doing what you're coached to do. Which I suppose is fair enough and understandable.

I mean, I couldn't disagree more that skating hard and doing whatever Quinn tells you to do whilst producing zero results should be enough to keep getting rewarded. I'm not convinced that's a feasible way of running a professional team.

But at least what's happening makes sense to me on a certain level.

You seem to be right on this one. I thought the quotes from Quinn and Carpiniello cleared things up a whole lot.

This appears to be about doing what you're coached to do. Which I suppose is fair enough and understandable.

I mean, I couldn't disagree more that skating hard and doing whatever Quinn tells you to do whilst producing zero results should be enough to keep getting rewarded. I'm not convinced that's a feasible way of running a professional team.

But at least what's happening makes sense to me on a certain level.

Yea I mean like I said, I'm not sold on if it's right.

But if you wanted an answer on "Why didn't Lias get a chance", Quinn's been pretty transparent.

ADA - 1st unit PP, no pk

I think the kid was over his head