• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 Reports From the Rink ? Practice Updates Thread

Phil

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know whats more impressive? Panarin is 7th in the league in +/- (he’s +21) I know its a dumb stat, but thats still crazy impressive on this team. McDavid is -2, Draisatl -16 and Kane -2.

Panarin has arguably been the best player in the league so far this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I personally don't think it's a dumb stat. I think it's really telling of a player.

You know whats more impressive? Panarin is 7th in the league in +/- (he’s +21) I know its a dumb stat, but thats still crazy impressive on this team. McDavid is -2, Draisatl -16 and Kane -2.

Panarin has arguably been the best player in the league so far this season.

if this Is a playoff team, he'd be in the mvp discussion

I absolutely love watching this kid play...he's been the breath of fresh air I needed with this team while waiting for us to get our shit together. It also looks like he's really enjoying himself out there too, and that's a total win-win!

Per Brooks, Geogie in net tommorow vs. Fishsticks with Hank as backup.

Could be Georgie's "Swan Song" game with the Rangers. I think Toronto is getting into dire straits with their goaltending situation....and I don't mean Mark Knopfler! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Link:

Trouba - DeAngelo is interesting. Looks like they want to see if Tony can play on the left side (or is it Trouba on the left?). Either way, probably means that they are looking for ways to keep ADA.

No idea what to expect from Staal - Lindgren tho. They better have 90% D-zone starts.

Trouba - DeAngelo is interesting. Looks like they want to see if Tony can play on the left side (or is it Trouba on the left?). Either way, probably means that they are looking for ways to keep ADA.

No idea what to expect from Staal - Lindgren tho. They better have 90% D-zone starts.

This just meant the other 4 d- men were currently wearing the same color at the time Vince put out the tweet. It won't be a complete change. Trouba and ADA will both stay on the right and Staal and Lindgren will stay on the left.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This is the pairings he posted:

Skjei - Fox

Lindgren - Trouba

Staal - DeAngelo

Agreed to an extent on Skjei, but he's not Marc Staal or Dan Girardi offensively. He's capable - just overshadowed by Fox and DeAngelo now.

I'm not comparing Brady Skjei to Staal or Girardi in any aspect of his play. That's like comparing Erik Christensens passing to Gretzky's, and thats not fair to anyone. I've been accused of being a Skjei-sayer, but I'm just being honest. It's unfair to us to look at Skjei and compare him to top pairing dmen. He's not one.

This is the pairings he posted:

Skjei - Fox

Lindgren - Trouba

Staal - DeAngelo

Alright, makes sense. Skjei - Fox has the potential to be a good pair. I like Lindgren - Trouba too. Dont like to see DeAngelo play with Staal tho, but I guess someone has to.

Alright, makes sense. Skjei - Fox has the potential to be a good pair. I like Lindgren - Trouba too. Dont like to see DeAngelo play with Staal tho, but I guess someone has to.

Yeah, I agree. DeAngelo - Trouba is something I suggested in the offseason, but not as big of a proponent of it now.

The problem I see with these pairings, theres NO #1 pair. Each pairing has an Achilles - which is probably why the team defense is so bad. (but again, everyone not names Staal is 25 and younger... which is awesome)