• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 Reports From the Rink ? Practice Updates Thread

Phil

Having broken 6 (non-displaced) in June of 2018, it really comes down to pain tolerance. There's not much risk to anything else. If he's back already and has been skating and even taking low shots I would say his cracked rib was pretty minor.

He gives us the best chance to win so that's good, will it work out, only time will tell.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

https://theathletic.com/1931471/2020/07/15/10-things-were-seeing-at-rangers-camp-so-far/

“I like what I see out of … particularly Kakko,” Quinn said. “I think Kakko has a little bit more of a jump in his step, smiling a little bit more. I think he’s really looking forward to getting the season going again, and we’re going to need him if we’re going to reach our ultimate goal.

“I just think he’s a guy that’s going to come back and feel more comfortable and realize what this is going to entail and what it takes. He knows everybody. He’s more comfortable with everybody personally. He’s more comfortable with people professionally. I just think it’s the development of a young, really good hockey player.”

Sounds like Kakko's lookin' good!

Other notes:

Starter likely Shesterkin

Panarin and Zibanejad pushing each other hard in practice

Fox looks fantastic, Buch looks energized

Kravtsov and Hajek looked good in the taxi squad

Miller looked nervous, but he's huge and fast and making adjustments