• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 Reports From the Rink ? Practice Updates Thread

Phil

I have no idea how to post tweets, but they just posted that Staal (maintenance), zib & lemieux (flu) and Kreids (lower body) are not training today.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

That?s okay they have 409 days until they play their next game anyway they?ll be fine

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quinn mentioned wanting to make moves.. but mentions the jacked schedule as a reason for hesitation in adjusting

Yeah. Probably smart. I don't understand how there will be teams with 7 and 8 games played while the Rangers have 3. Hard to decipher anything with that kind of schedule.

practice lines today

Panarin - Zibanejad - Buchnevich

Kreider - Howden - Kakko

Smith - Strome - Fast

Haley/Lemieux - Andersson - McKegg

Hey Josh, what do you think about Lemieux-Andersson-Kakko on the second line? Two fiesty players with Kakko, and I think that would be give us a better look to see what Lias can do with a soon-to-be world class player in Kakko. Lemieux may just be what the doctor ordered to stir shit up and be a digger in the corners to get the puck to Kakko.

I can't look at Kreider anymore....he just makes me wanna run into traffic on the Long Island Expressway.

So Howden gets bumped up, but Lias still have to play 4th line?

And Smith on the 3rd line? Hahaha this is just ridiculous. I thought Chytil and Krav was sent down so they didnt have to play 4th line, but there is place on the 3rd line for a 30 years old D-man?

Hey Josh, what do you think about Lemieux-Andersson-Kakko on the second line? Two fiesty players with Kakko, and I think that would be give us a better look to see what Lias can do with a soon-to-be world class player in Kakko. Lemieux may just be what the doctor ordered to stir shit up and be a digger in the corners to get the puck to Kakko.

I can't look at Kreider anymore....he just makes me wanna run into traffic on the Long Island Expressway.

I dont see Quinn putting that line together. Wouldnt mind seeing what they could do.

The teams in a bad spot with the majority of their talent on 2 lines... but one of those lines is in Hartford. This team has a lot of complementary players - like Kreider. Love the guy, but he needs linehelp to be productive and successful. He's not getting that with Strome, or Howden.. and Kakko's still finding his NHL legs. They have the top line stacked, and its creating 1 first line, 1 third line and 2 fourth lines. We've seen little chemistry among any of the other lines, either. I'd still like to spread out the talent and remove the deadweight from the top 9.

I dont see Quinn putting that line together. Wouldnt mind seeing what they could do.

The teams in a bad spot with the majority of their talent on 2 lines... but one of those lines is in Hartford. This team has a lot of complementary players - like Kreider. Love the guy, but he needs linehelp to be productive and successful. He's not getting that with Strome, or Howden.. and Kakko's still finding his NHL legs. They have the top line stacked, and its creating 1 first line, 1 third line and 2 fourth lines. We've seen little chemistry among any of the other lines, either. I'd still like to spread out the talent and remove the deadweight from the top 9.

We still have some work to do in unloading a couple of players to free up spots. It's still early, but I think Lias has fared pretty decently through camp and earned at least a chance to play with Kakko on that second line. Howden I think will be a solid NHL'er, but he's looking like a 3rd or 4th line center....I see him as a poor man's Sergei Nemchinov eventually, but we'll see.

I'd really like to see Lemeiux up top a little more; the guy's got some fire in him, and he's pretty strong in the corners for a smaller player. I figured they'll try it eventually, but we'll see....

I heard the season resumes after December right?? :rofl:

So Howden gets bumped up, but Lias still have to play 4th line?

And Smith on the 3rd line? Hahaha this is just ridiculous. I thought Chytil and Krav was sent down so they didnt have to play 4th line, but there is place on the 3rd line for a 30 years old D-man?

It's still very early, so no reason to over react.

But I'm not crazy about how they're deploying Lias, and certainly not the laughable amount of 5v5 ice time he's getting. Small sample size notwithstanding.

Obviously playing the 1st line 22ish minutes every night has a ripple effect on everybody else's ice time. But this doesn't seem like a great way to help Andersson develop, and what he's done with the limited time he's been given warrants more opportunities in my book.

Hopefully this works itself out as the games start coming thick and fast, and everything settles.

Yeah I agree. I?m not hyped about what Quinn is doing right now. Smith on the third line is a move out of AV?s bag.

Don?t like how he?s handling the defense either

I guess I?m ok with Howden to the 2c slot but if he doesn?t work I?d give Lias a shot there. Don?t hand me shit that he?s being out played by Strome

I know the team can perform better but Quinn needs to get his head out of his ass as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I agree. I’m not hyped about what Quinn is doing right now. Smith on the third line is a move out of AV’s bag.

Don’t like how he’s handling the defense either

I guess I’m ok with Howden to the 2c slot but if he doesn’t work I’d give Lias a shot there. Don’t hand me shit that he’s being out played by Strome

I know the team can perform better but Quinn needs to get his head out of his ass as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBrowning must be going nuts.

It was in practice yesterday, and Quinn seemed to indicate those will be the lines for Thursday

I can see we're all going to be second guessing this for the better part of the year. Fact is, these are basically kids...and Kakko is a teenager!! :rofl: They're going to basically grow into these spots eventually and I have to realize that it's not going to be over night.

I keep saying this to myself, but when I see them play, and I watch what's going on, I keep forgetting this!!

Patience, Ozzy....Patience!!! ;)

I don't expect any of the internal second line center options to work that well and that we may eventually see a trade to fill it. A cap neutral trade, like Skjei for a similarly paid similarly aged center who is not quite living up to expectations where he is might be a possibility.

As for Smith, not sending him to Hartford as had been expected was one thing, but we don't need to go hog wild and put him on the third line. Heck, next thing you know he'll be playing a regular shift on D, turning the puck over and taking a penalty every other shift.

I don't expect any of the internal second line center options to work that well and that we may eventually see a trade to fill it. A cap neutral trade, like Skjei for a similarly paid similarly aged center who is not quite living up to expectations where he is might be a possibility.

that'll get you Turris

no thanks,

I think we have to think on of Andersson, Howden or Chytil gets that spot. It should be "easier" once Kakko gets up to speed, and Panarin gets taken off Zibanejad's wing.