• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 Reports From the Rink ? Practice Updates Thread

Phil

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do we still have Smith, Haley and McKegg on this roster i about puke.. especially when seeing them on the ice while Staal is also out there at the same time. Especially with under 5 minutes to go when losing by a goal.

Tanking. There's no doubt in my mind they are going for another lottery pick.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Smith played better than Skjei and Staal on the left side.

I can?t believe I?m saying this but I wouldn?t move him off of forward. He?s doing a fine job as a checking forward.

Biggest disappointment right now is Skjei. I can?t believe he played himself into the third pairing again. :palm:

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I wouldn’t move him off of forward. He’s doing a fine job as a checking forward.

Biggest disappointment right now is Skjei. I can’t believe he played himself into the third pairing again. :palm:

Can't say I disagree. I'm glad he seems to have carved out a decent role on the team.

DeAngelo taking Trouba's PP spot didn't take long.
It's kind of what I was worried about with that contract.

I haven't minded Trouba so far, but on the PP he's a chucker. He just shoots it right into the goalies chest whenever he has it.

It's kind of what I was worried about with that contract.

I haven't minded Trouba so far, but on the PP he's a chucker. He just shoots it right into the goalies chest whenever he has it.

Yeah, he's done that a few times. Walked in a bit from the blueline with no traffic in front, and slapped it right into the chest. He has a bomb though and he gets it on net. Just needs more/better traffic. The very first game he put one in because of that. Might not matter much now anyway. DeAngelo is head and shoulders better offensively for the PP role at this point. DeAngelo may be one of the higher end offensive defensemen in the game. Really hope he grows defensively. Just needs to be serviceable.

Yeah, he's done that a few times. Walked in a bit from the blueline with no traffic in front, and slapped it right into the chest. He has a bomb though and he gets it on net. Just needs more/better traffic. The very first game he put one in because of that. Might not matter much now anyway. DeAngelo is head and shoulders better offensively for the PP role at this point. DeAngelo may be one of the higher end offensive defensemen in the game. Really hope he grows defensively. Just needs to be serviceable.
Yea, ADA has that lateral mobility to create space and lanes. Trouba doesn't.
The QB on the point should create offense. Trouba doesnt. Same with point start of last season. They benefit from the guys they're playing with, which is fine, unless you are expected to run the unit
To my point above, seems like it's Panarin or Kakko QBing from half wall, but Trouba just stands in one spot ...

There's really no hard and fast rule on the PP running through the point.

On the half wall you get the goalie moving side to side more.

it's essentially the person with the most ice and the best view.

If that person is just drilling snapshots into shin pads, you're tossing your man advantage. Need to maximize the short opportunity with capable.players in these.positions