• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 Reports From the Rink ? Practice Updates Thread

Phil

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it's what we paid him for.

It'll 3+ years of rising cap before he's worth his hit.

It’s a total overpayment.

He’s the sixth highest paid D in the league. He’s not a top-10 D. He’s probably on the cusp of top-20 when he’s on his game.

They shouldn’t worry about using him on the PP. Forget what he’s making. Let ADA run the PP. He’s very good at it and had the better offensive skill set anyway. Let Trouba worry about playing big minutes vs top players in a shut down role and little else and hopefully he figures it out.

While it was too much for him in terms of money, I think the contract length is still ok, and it’s way too early given the lack of a workable system, real talent elsewhere on D, and just overall structure defensively to just write him off.

What was the rush? Apparently he wanted to play here, yet we overpay him massively.

Couldn't they have waited a year, he wasn't going to get more than 8 million on the openarket, and saved the good pieces going the other way?

They deferred 6.5 million Shattenkirk money to next year to get him this year.

It just looks like a total shit show. Doesn't seem like there's a plan beyond sucking for two years then going back to same old Rangers.

What was the rush? Apparently he wanted to play here, yet we overpay him massively.

Couldn't they have waited a year, he wasn't going to get more than 8 million on the openarket, and saved the good pieces going the other way?

They deferred 6.5 million Shattenkirk money to next year to get him this year.

It just looks like a total shit show. Doesn't seem like there's a plan beyond sucking for two years then going back to same old Rangers.

To be fair, he’d have probably gotten what he got from them from someone else anyway, or close to it. But their fear was that if he hit the open market next summer they would have had to compete with the Wings which are his boyhood team in his home state and they didn’t want to contend with that

Also I think they probably said they’d not get another shot at landing a player like him at this age.

Trouba and DeAngelo need to be the top pair on the PP. Trouba has that shot and ability to keep the puck in the zone from back there. Same with DeAngelo, except he adds puck carrying ability.

no argument here. Maybe it hits the goalie but you rarely see Trouba shoot it wide. DeAngelo's ability to jump into the offense is proven uncanny.

Wonder what the lines are going to be when Zibanejad returns?

Panarin Zibanejad Fast

Kreider Chytil Buchnevich

Lemieux Howden Kakko

Smith Andersson Strome

Switch Kakko and Fast and this is fine.

Probably wont see Strome as a 4th line winger as he?s been good so far this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Any time the lines aren't changed the way we want them someone says ,"Quinn has an infatuation with X player." Last week it was Howden. The week before it was Smith.

He's been infatuated with those guys since day 1. They dont change.

His flavor of the week changes based on stat sheets.

I like Kakko with Lemeiux...and Howden!!!

Seems Lemieux's good digging to help get the puck to Kakko to make plays, was a good recipe last game. Howden's size is also a solid benefit for the "Fabulous Fin"....We'll see how it goes next game. I'd make that the 2nd line though.

Put Kreider- Chytil- Buchnevich on the 3rd line.

I like Kakko with Lemeiux...and Howden!!!

Seems Lemieux's good digging to help get the puck to Kakko to make plays, was a good recipe last game. Howden's size is also a solid benefit for the "Fabulous Fin"....We'll see how it goes next game. I'd make that the 2nd line though.

Put Kreider- Chytil- Buchnevich on the 3rd line.

I agree. I've liked Lemieux's game recently and I think Kakko needs someone to dig pucks out of the hard parts of the rink.

I agree. I've liked Lemieux's game recently and I think Kakko needs someone to dig pucks out of the hard parts of the rink.
I'll third that. I think it's pretty amazing how much faster Lemieux is in comparison to last season. I don't trust my brain as much as I used to but it seems like it.

I'll third that. I think it's pretty amazing how much faster Lemieux is in comparison to last season. I don't trust my brain as much as I used to but it seems like it.

I thought the same watching him against the Lightning.

He was flying on a couple of dump and chase plays. It’s very much a straight line thing though.

I thought the same watching him against the Lightning.

He was flying on a couple of dump and chase plays. It’s very much a straight line thing though.

He's got a lot of his father in him, but he's faster and has that "in your face" mentality. He's tough too! We really need some toughness on this team, and Lemeiux is really working his way into my heart further! I really liked his game with Kakko.

What's more is that Howden is starting to look like he belongs. He didn't look so lost out there with Kakko, and he's a tough body to move in front.

Gotta get these fucking kids in the weight room! ...or have Lemeiux breathe on them...hopefully that shit is catching!!