• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 Reports From the Rink ? Practice Updates Thread

Phil

“I just like his speed. I like his purpose. I like his intentions,” Quinn said. “He’s been physical. He’s given us some energy for sure.

“I really liked Di Giuseppe, Chytil and Kakko. They played really well tonight.”

Me too...as of now, he's a major upgrade over Smith at the wing.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“I just like his speed. I like his purpose. I like his intentions,” Quinn said. “He’s been physical. He’s given us some energy for sure.

“I really liked Di Giuseppe, Chytil and Kakko. They played really well tonight.”

Again, shows how bad the bottom 6 have been this season.

They could have, and should have, tried other combinations a long time ago. Quinn stuck with Howden on the 3rd line for too long. He stuck with the same rotation of guys on the 4th line for too long. It's gotta be on the GM and coach not making the adjustments to see who else might work or be more efficient in the bottom 6.

Again, shows how bad the bottom 6 have been this season.

Josh is right...DiGiuseppe played ok so far. Keep in mind it was against some bad teams. Buffalo and LA are not exactly the Russian Red out there. I like him and I really like his effort and defensive awareness, but I'm trying to keep my evaluation of him in perspective. Considering his sample size, he's been pretty good, but the schedule is about to take a turn into some rougher water the next few weeks.

I wanna see him against some powerhouse playoff teams.

I also wanna see him for a duration of time to see how he holds up.

But, so far he's been ok.

• 2 weeks later...
Lindgren and Fox are two of Greg Brown's boys from the WJC medals. They're two of the better players on the team. I'm inclined to trust Brown a little bit especially considering he's yet to have say over Ruff.

Just "retire" Ruff to VP of some meaningless division.