• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 Reports From the Rink ? Practice Updates Thread

Phil

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kakko looked a lot better after the break. A full offseason of rest is going to do wonders, I think. He's played a lot of hockey this year, plus just playing at the NHL level and learning, taking everything. It's been a hectic year.

I was at the Sharks game and was focusing on him a bit. He needs a lot of work still which rest could help. He needs some significant off-ice training though. He might have NHL size but he certainly doesn't have NHL strength at this point. If he builds his core/legs a bit, maybe his skating becomes more explosive but he needs a lot of help there too.

I was at the Sharks game and was focusing on him a bit. He needs a lot of work still which rest could help. He needs some significant off-ice training though. He might have NHL size but he certainly doesn't have NHL strength at this point. If he builds his core/legs a bit, maybe his skating becomes more explosive but he needs a lot of help there too.

Yeah, he definitely needs some strength and conditioning work. He's been getting knocked off the puck so easily all year. I'm not going to call him a bust, and I'm glad they have him, but I have been disappointed in him this year. I wasn't expecting a 70 or 80 point rookie season, but just a lot better than what we've been seeing. This year of adjustment plus some workout will hopefully do wonders for his game.

Kakko looked a lot better after the break. A full offseason of rest is going to do wonders, I think. He's played a lot of hockey this year, plus just playing at the NHL level and learning, taking everything. It's been a hectic year.

I agree fellas...Kakko needs to have a rest from the ice, and get himself into a serious weight training and power skating program.

I already can't wait for the "best shape of his life" and "worked really hard all summer" and "worked on my explosive first step ability, really happy with my offseason" stories in September.

Only to find out he still can't skate, because it's mostly innate and he's already been in power skating since the age of eight.

Kakko is gonna be really really good. I think some fans are guilty of putting too much high expectations on an 18 year old in his first year. He hadn’t really played with our top players yet so that’s partly why his production isn’t as high but I like what I see. Most important is him going through the yearly grind. Next year I’m excited about the next step he takes

I already can't wait for the "best shape of his life" and "worked really hard all summer" and "worked on my explosive first step ability, really happy with my offseason" stories in September.

Only to find out he still can't skate, because it's mostly innate and he's already been in power skating since the age of eight.

it worked for Lindgren...

Are you that down on this kid to where you think they made a mistake?

so they're staying up or what? I can't watch Greg McKegg play hockey anymore.

Yes.

Yes...but why didn't they do the same for Kakko?

Because these paper transactions count against the post-deadline non-emergency callup limit of four. By doing this, they've already burned two callups.