• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20 Reports From the Rink ? Practice Updates Thread

Phil

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ADA playing LD :O

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'd love to see it. I think it gives him the potential to be even more dangerous. It would also get him away from being constantly pinned in the DZ because Staal.

However, that probably means 3rd pairing is Staal/Smith? Yikes. Ok, maybe not until next year :rofl:

I'd love to see it. I think it gives him the potential to be even more dangerous. It would also get him away from being constantly pinned in the DZ because Staal.

However, that probably means 3rd pairing is Staal/Smith? Yikes. Ok, maybe not until next year :rofl:

Alternate proposal....what's a third pairing? We're just going to run 4d for the game.

Most likely not untill next season yes, but he has played some shifts on the left with Fox.

Staal can defend, ADA can't, but he's pinned in the DZ because of Staal?

Yikes.

ADA spends his time without the park chasing the puck. He's a wizard with the puck on his stick but completely clueless when the other team has it.

Staal can defend, ADA can't, but he's pinned in the DZ because of Staal?

Yikes.

ADA spends his time without the park chasing the puck. He's a wizard with the puck on his stick but completely clueless when the other team has it.

Staal can defend? Nah, not this year. Almost any time he has to play the puck he makes the wrong decision and either turns it over or makes a bad pass that handcuffs the recipient.

He got a lot of flak from Rangers fans prior to this season that I thought was undeserved, but this season he's deserved every bit of it.

ADA has gotten better away from the puck since the year before, but he needs to continue to get better. His deficiency there is compounded by playing with a guy who gifts the puck to the other team religiously.

• Like 1

Staal can defend? Nah, not this year. Almost any time he has to play the puck he makes the wrong decision and either turns it over or makes a bad pass that handcuffs the recipient.

He got a lot of flak from Rangers fans prior to this season that I thought was undeserved, but this season he's deserved every bit of it.

ADA has gotten better away from the puck since the year before, but he needs to continue to get better. His deficiency there is compounded by playing with a guy who gifts the puck to the other team religiously.

ADA leads the D in GVA/60 and 2nd only to Trouba in total GVA.

Staal is 6th, only Lindgren had less amongst regular D.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/skaters?report=realtime&reportType=season&seasonFrom=20192020&seasonTo=20192020&gameType=2&position=D&playerPlayedFor=franchise.10&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=giveawaysPer60&page=0&pageSize=50

Yeah..no. Giveaways can happen all over the ice, and DeAngelo has the puck a ton outside of the DZ. Staal rarely does. Get DZ giveaways and you'll have a point.

Yeah..no. Giveaways can happen all over the ice, and DeAngelo has the puck a ton outside of the DZ. Staal rarely does. Get DZ giveaways and you'll have a point.
You're probably right, ADA's giveaways probably all happened in the offensive zone, and Staals all happen in the defensive zone... Sure.

Maybe just watch a game.
I edited. You're absolutely right.

You're couldn't be more right. Staal couldn't possibly ever turn the puck over or look out of position covering for his partner who has no clue how to play when the other team has the puck.

Maybe just... Understand the game?

I edited. You're absolutely right.

You're couldn't be more right. Staal couldn't possibly ever turn the puck over or look out of position covering for his partner who has no clue how to play when the other team has the puck.

Maybe just... Understand the game?

I think you?re the only person in the world that looks at the Staal - ADA pairing and says ADA is the problem.

• Like 1

Buchnevich Leaves Camp

Pavel Buchnevich left training camp early for an undisclosed reason Saturday.

?Under league policy, I?m not allowed to elaborate on injuries,? coach David Quinn said.

The league announced last week that teams will be barred from disclosing injuries or cases of the coronavirus beginning in training camp 2.0. The NHL and NHL Players? Association released a statement regarding their new injury policy, saying it ?was adopted out of respect for an individual player?s right to medical privacy.?

There was no noticeable incident that led to Buchnevich?s departure from the ice, but he did not finish out practice after leaving midway through.

https://t.co/P9SOhsJrMq

Seems unlikely it’s covid related if he left the ice midway through practice.

one of the Bruins got pulled mid practice due to exposure.

But based on live tweets, it didn't seem like that. Someone mentioned he missed a drill, was in the next, then sat the scrimmage.

He wasn't practicing today, from what I read

one of the Bruins got pulled mid practice due to exposure.

But based on live tweets, it didn't seem like that. Someone mentioned he missed a drill, was in the next, then sat the scrimmage.

He wasn't practicing today, from what I read

I think Quinn was asked directly if there was any danger of Buch missing the tournament and he said he didn't think we were at that point, or something to that effect. Trying to find a link, but he made it sound like it was precautionary and not serious.