Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2019-20 Reports From the Rink — Practice Updates Thread

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Hey Josh, what do you think about Lemieux-Andersson-Kakko on the second line? Two fiesty players with Kakko, and I think that would be give us a better look to see what Lias can do with a soon-to-be world class player in Kakko. Lemieux may just be what the doctor ordered to stir shit up and be a digger in the corners to get the puck to Kakko.

I can't look at Kreider anymore....he just makes me wanna run into traffic on the Long Island Expressway.
    I dont see Quinn putting that line together. Wouldnt mind seeing what they could do.
    The teams in a bad spot with the majority of their talent on 2 lines... but one of those lines is in Hartford. This team has a lot of complementary players - like Kreider. Love the guy, but he needs linehelp to be productive and successful. He's not getting that with Strome, or Howden.. and Kakko's still finding his NHL legs. They have the top line stacked, and its creating 1 first line, 1 third line and 2 fourth lines. We've seen little chemistry among any of the other lines, either. I'd still like to spread out the talent and remove the deadweight from the top 9.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I dont see Quinn putting that line together. Wouldnt mind seeing what they could do.
    The teams in a bad spot with the majority of their talent on 2 lines... but one of those lines is in Hartford. This team has a lot of complementary players - like Kreider. Love the guy, but he needs linehelp to be productive and successful. He's not getting that with Strome, or Howden.. and Kakko's still finding his NHL legs. They have the top line stacked, and its creating 1 first line, 1 third line and 2 fourth lines. We've seen little chemistry among any of the other lines, either. I'd still like to spread out the talent and remove the deadweight from the top 9.
    We still have some work to do in unloading a couple of players to free up spots. It's still early, but I think Lias has fared pretty decently through camp and earned at least a chance to play with Kakko on that second line. Howden I think will be a solid NHL'er, but he's looking like a 3rd or 4th line center....I see him as a poor man's Sergei Nemchinov eventually, but we'll see.

I'd really like to see Lemeiux up top a little more; the guy's got some fire in him, and he's pretty strong in the corners for a smaller player. I figured they'll try it eventually, but we'll see....

I heard the season resumes after December right??

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    So Howden gets bumped up, but Lias still have to play 4th line?

And Smith on the 3rd line? Hahaha this is just ridiculous. I thought Chytil and Krav was sent down so they didnt have to play 4th line, but there is place on the 3rd line for a 30 years old D-man?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    It's still very early, so no reason to over react.
    But I'm not crazy about how they're deploying Lias, and certainly not the laughable amount of 5v5 ice time he's getting. Small sample size notwithstanding.
    Obviously playing the 1st line 22ish minutes every night has a ripple effect on everybody else's ice time. But this doesn't seem like a great way to help Andersson develop, and what he's done with the limited time he's been given warrants more opportunities in my book.
    Hopefully this works itself out as the games start coming thick and fast, and everything settles.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Yeah I agree. I’m not hyped about what Quinn is doing right now. Smith on the third line is a move out of AV’s bag.

Don’t like how he’s handling the defense either

I guess I’m ok with Howden to the 2c slot but if he doesn’t work I’d give Lias a shot there. Don’t hand me shit that he’s being out played by Strome

I know the team can perform better but Quinn needs to get his head out of his ass as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Acqua in bocca

Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    Yeah I agree. I’m not hyped about what Quinn is doing right now. Smith on the third line is a move out of AV’s bag.

Don’t like how he’s handling the defense either

I guess I’m ok with Howden to the 2c slot but if he doesn’t work I’d give Lias a shot there. Don’t hand me shit that he’s being out played by Strome

I know the team can perform better but Quinn needs to get his head out of his ass as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CBrowning must be going nuts.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    I didn't even notice Smith on the 3rd line, lol, that's awesome. We're totally competing for a playoff spot, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I didn't even notice Smith on the 3rd line, lol, that's awesome. We're totally competing for a playoff spot, guys.
    It was in practice yesterday, and Quinn seemed to indicate those will be the lines for Thursday

Twitter blowing up about a rumor over Kravtsov considering returning to KHL.

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    It was in practice yesterday, and Quinn seemed to indicate those will be the lines for Thursday
    I can see we're all going to be second guessing this for the better part of the year. Fact is, these are basically kids...and Kakko is a teenager!! They're going to basically grow into these spots eventually and I have to realize that it's not going to be over night.

I keep saying this to myself, but when I see them play, and I watch what's going on, I keep forgetting this!!

Patience, Ozzy....Patience!!!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    HOW IS THERE STILL NO GAMEEEEEE.. Who the hell approved this schedule?!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    As far as I can tell that whole Twitter shitstorm is based on a rumour by that Igor Eronko fella, who afaik has no more inside info than you or me.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Must hope it's a unfounded rumor. Sure, a young guy can change his mind over 'whatever' but I seriously doubt he leaves the NHL and NHL-$$$ on the table without taking a shot at the gold ring. My advice? Patience young Padawan.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    CBrowning must be going nuts.
    You were certainly correct Josh! Quinn just loves playing Smith. I was certain Smith would be best buds with Belesky this season.

I don't expect any of the internal second line center options to work that well and that we may eventually see a trade to fill it. A cap neutral trade, like Skjei for a similarly paid similarly aged center who is not quite living up to expectations where he is might be a possibility.

As for Smith, not sending him to Hartford as had been expected was one thing, but we don't need to go hog wild and put him on the third line. Heck, next thing you know he'll be playing a regular shift on D, turning the puck over and taking a penalty every other shift.
    Last edited by Sod16; 10-16-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    I don't expect any of the internal second line center options to work that well and that we may eventually see a trade to fill it. A cap neutral trade, like Skjei for a similarly paid similarly aged center who is not quite living up to expectations where he is might be a possibility.
    that'll get you Turris
    no thanks,

I think we have to think on of Andersson, Howden or Chytil gets that spot. It should be "easier" once Kakko gets up to speed, and Panarin gets taken off Zibanejad's wing.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Looks like top salary in KHL is about 2.8 million.. Gotta think Kravtsov could pull in $750,000.

It's those dastardly Russian bots meddling with our prospects.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Holy shit this board needs hockey, there’s only so much political talk I can take
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Soon.gif

Tomorrow, even.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Just to add a little clarity to Lemieux not playing vs NJ. He was hit a little harder by the FLU and is day to day.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234