• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Another "Ruff" Defensive Year?

He?s behind the bench again after a brutal defensive series. To me? He should be visiting Calloway on the Florida beach.

Objectively though, was it his system or our talent (or lack thereof?) He, and we, clearly struggled last season. What about this year? New additions make the difference? Or is it still on him?

BTW - the original statement for having Ruff behind the bench was to bolster any shortcomings of new coach Quinn. This year that shouldn?t be a worry. Quinn has proved his mettle.

Ruff probably isn't that good, but name the defensive coach who would have turned last year's chicken shit defense into chicken salad. I'll wait. The problem with that roster — with this roster still — was composition, not coaching.

Ruff probably isn't that good, but name the defensive coach who would have turned last year's chicken shit defense into chicken salad. I'll wait. The problem with that roster — with this roster still — was composition, not coaching.

Quinn. I was told Quinn. And his system

I didn?t make the comparison to Leetch, but there were so many expectations of Skjei. What happened? Can?t say the lights are too bright in B?way since he?s been here a while. He?s no rookie playing his first games.

Still, there are plenty of wrinkles on our Blueline that need doses of Botox. Watching Trouba I?m not so concerned anymore about our ability to score but we need to cut down on the obvious gaffes.

I didn’t make the comparison to Leetch, but there were so many expectations of Skjei. What happened? Can’t say the lights are too bright in B’way since he’s been here a while. He’s no rookie playing his first games.

Still, there are plenty of wrinkles on our Blueline that need doses of Botox. Watching Trouba I’m not so concerned anymore about our ability to score but we need to cut down on the obvious gaffes.

He's Michael Del Zotto part 2, except they decided to pay him I guess. Good rookie year follow by a bunch of meh. Third pairing guy for 5.25M a year.

Do not understand how this team on center ice faceoffs loses focus so easily. This should not be complicated. It's disturbing. Looks like opposing teams press the forecheck after seeing it on tape, expecting them to let up.

i know the D has been a problem but damn that top Winnepeg line is downright scary

That whole top-6 is. WPG is about the worst team to play an opener against, with the talent in the top-6 and the way they forecheck.

Rangers looked jittery with the puck more than anything else.

I think its a little early to throw in the towel on most of the defense and coaching. The exhibition season lineup was never even close to tonights. They are still settling in. Two rookies, some other question marks. Gonna be a work in progress for a bit. As mentioned Winnipeg has two hard fore checking lines. At this juncture just win.