• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#1) Rangers vs. Winnipeg Jets // A New Hope

Phil

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome start! Ofcourse there will be some mistakes and soft goals here and there, but they never stopped fighting and scored some nice goals.

Mika best player on the ice today. 4 points for him. Trouba and Panarin also with awesome debuts.

As we all knew - this will be a frustrating, but hella funny and entertaining season, and this game was a proof of that.

HOCKEY IS BACK, LGR AND GOOD NIGHT.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Zib this game:

Goals - 1 (tied most on the team)

Assist - 3 (most on the team)

Points - 4 (most on the team)

+/- - +4 (most on the team)

SOG - 7 (most on the team)

Blocks - 2 (tied most on the team)

Takeaways - 3 (most on the team)

The real Captain leading by example in every way possible tonight.

I?ve been hoping all summer this team can do what the Leafs did in 2016-2017, and tonight only reinforces that. Exciting hockey ahead, both good and bad. Fingers crossed more good than bad.

Have a Sens fan at work who is adamant Zib is not a 1st line C. I?m going to enjoy this year...

I’ve been hoping all summer this team can do what the Leafs did in 2016-2017, and tonight only reinforces that. Exciting hockey ahead, both good and bad. Fingers crossed more good than bad.

Have a Sens fan at work who is adamant Zib is not a 1st line C. I’m going to enjoy this year...

It's probably more that he hopes Zib isn't a 1C because the Sens got hosed on that trade.

staal's goal was a direct result of being on the ice with the first line.

kakko looks like cool hand luke out there.

good to see the fa additions made themselves known in short order

smith's gonna be o.k. if he's that versatile this year, looks like something clicked.

good hard work goal for howden there. that line was jacked scoring that goal.

defense a work in progress but it is way early, anson carter said in the post game that

noone plays defense in october.

what the fuck was the garden personnel thinking leaving that camera cable across the ice like that. lucky that lias or anyone else didn't get hurt.

Yeah they looked nervous out there, but the game was probably more exciting than any one they played last year! That first line is a MUST SEE for sure!!

These seemed like the "one-goal games" we lost last season.

The Staal goal seriously made me spill my drink!!! No shit....

But I like this team! Trouba looks pretty focused! ...and I can't help but love Kakko to death, the guy has the poise of a veteran!

Good bounce back win. For the most part, they looked pretty good out there. Buch needs to shoot the puck more though, he is passing up the shot way too much. I don't think he lasts on the top line, maybe Kakko gets promoted at some point. I was impressed with Strome, especially on face-offs. Looks like he may have finally gotten his shit in order.

Andersson played the least of all rangers with under 9 minutes. Benched in the last 15 minutes of the game.

Why is he here playing 8 minutes with fucking Brendan Smith instead of being in the A with chytil and Kravtsov? This is just stupid. They are doing all they can to make him a bust it seems. He didnt even play bad yesterday, but still gets no chance.

Andersson played the least of all rangers with under 9 minutes. Benched in the last 15 minutes of the game.

Why is he here playing 8 minutes with fucking Brendan Smith instead of being in the A with chytil and Kravtsov? This is just stupid. They are doing all they can to make him a bust it seems. He didnt even play bad yesterday, but still gets no chance.

That’s about how much a 4th liner gets. He was effective but the coach was trying to win the game. Hajek and Fox also got benched. His role will grow if he continues to earn trust. I thought his line was more effective than the 3rd line even with howden scoring the winner. I think his role will grow as the season progresses.