• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Players Are You Rooting For Individually & What Do You Hope They Achieve?

ThirtyONE

Every year new players join the team and new ones return. If you're like me, you're always rooting for one or another to achieve some kind of milestone, even if it's your own made up thing. Who are you watching closely? Who are you rooting for and what do you hope they can achieve this year?

I'll start:

Kakko - 50 points. I have this negative voice in the back of my head that tells me nothing ever just "works out" and I'd love for Kakko to hit a nice round number like 50 in his first season to shut my own brain up.

Mika - 82 points. PPG player is something we haven't had in a long long time and Mika is more or less one of our own. We've seen him grow every year. It would be awesome to see him officially hit that milestone.

• Like 1

Zibanejad & Andersson for me. I want Zibanejad to break 40 goals and go greater than point-per-game from a purely selfish perspective.

I also want to see Andersson develop into a steady 3C with an edge because I think the team needs it just as much as he does to firmly shake off the "NHL-ready" draft shit that's been over his head since the day they picked him. Really hoping for Swedish Drury here.

Kakko-Like most said, want him to be our young stud and one other teams fans wish they had

Panarin-be great for him to have a career year

Mika-take his game one more level up

henrik-Be nice for him to have a solid year and put some of thoughts that's he done,.... away for a little bit

Lemieux-Avery-esque

Marc Staal.

I don't think he'll ever live up to the rest of this contract, but I just want him to play well enough to have fans remember that he's taken the ice as a Ranger for 15 years now and in today's game, that's both rare and worthy of appreciation.

I was thinking of adding Staal to my list because you're right. Say whatever you want about his contract but he's been a great Ranger. He's now in a position to shepherd in the next class of players and I think he plays an important role for the next two seasons. I don't have a stat for him per say but I just hope he's healthy and plays well enough for the fans to give him some love. He deserves it.

Marc Staal.

I don't think he'll ever live up to the rest of this contract, but I just want him to play well enough to have fans remember that he's taken the ice as a Ranger for 15 years now and in today's game, that's both rare and worthy of appreciation.

I was thinking of adding Staal to my list because you're right. Say whatever you want about his contract but he's been a great Ranger. He's now in a position to shepherd in the next class of players and I think he plays an important role for the next two seasons. I don't have a stat for him per say but I just hope he's healthy and plays well enough for the fans to give him some love. He deserves it.

"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

He and Girardi are dual victims on this front.

My brain was saying the same thing as 31. Kakko 50 points would be very very nice. I also thought Staal looked different in his ps games. I believe he may have his best season in years.

I would love to see Andersson get 25-30 goals and Lemieux put up a Domi-esque season.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'd also love to see Lemieux get some real chances at playing with some skilled players. Similar to Avery, I think Lemieux could be more effective playing along the boards and planting himself in the front of the net. I like that he's been on the 2nd PP unit. I hope he can take advantage of that and become more than a 3rd/4th liner

Hey I make no promises and provide zero proof to backup my thoughts lol I just dont know why I have a bad feeling about Trouba and his contract. I dont know maybe I feel burned by Redden and Shatty.

Considering the utter disasters that those two were, it's fair to have PTSD lol.

I'm hopeful that his age will be the reason it's different this time.

Hey I make no promises and provide zero proof to backup my thoughts lol I just dont know why I have a bad feeling about Trouba and his contract. I dont know maybe I feel burned by Redden and Shatty.

I was going to bring into the convo Shatty but you beat me to it. I see Trouba already firing at the net with more authority than Shattenkirk. In spite of his play with Skeij not being that great to watch in pre-season, I've got fingers-crossed that Trouba is good for us.

Lemieux - yes, become that pest with goal scoring skill. We thrive with that kind of guy on our team. Do it man!

Staal - I'm looking forward to seeing him give us another decent season like last year. He was't bad and maybe a bit better than many of us expected. A Rangers warrior and worthy of our applause for his long-term service. Not casting aside when he really sucked for us, but I hope he is still trending upward from those ugly days.