• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL, Green Day Announce Two-Year Partnership

Chuck_IV

NEW YORK -- The National Hockey League (NHL?) today announced it has entered into a two-year, cross-platform marketing and promotional partnership with five-time Grammy Award-winning band Green Day. To launch the partnership, NHL fans will get a sneak peek to a yet to be released song called "Fire, Ready, Aim," off Green Day's forthcoming thirteenth studio album, "Father Of All… " (Reprise/Warner Records), which will serve as the opening theme song for NBCSN's Wednesday Night Hockey, debuting with the New Jersey Devils vs. Philadelphia Flyers game on Wednesday, Oct. 9, at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN. In addition, "Fire, Ready, Aim" will be featured on NHL on NBC broadcasts throughout the 2019-20 season.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-green-day-two-year-partnership/c-309587012

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I can imagine the pitch meeting for this:

Suit #1 - "Ok guys, how 'bout we bring in one of the hottest upcoming new bands, that the kids all go crazy over?"

Suit #2 - "Yeah, who do you have in mind?"

Suit #1 - "I'm thinking Green Day!!!"

(Loud cheers from the rest of the board room, including such comments as "I think my kid loves them!" "They don't do rap, do they?" and "Why is he thinking about Green Bay?"

Boss Suit - "Knurlman, I see big things in your future!"

I don't think this is a big a swing and miss as some of you are saying. The NHL fan demographic is white males. A large portion of the people buying tickets are probably between 35-55 which is right in line with Green Day's popularity.