• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign Micheal Haley to 1-Year, $700K Deal (Two-Way)

Phil

I'm saying 3rd line, move others down. Now youve got Lemieux or McKegg on the 3rd. Better than Kravtsov? Doubt that.

I love Kravtsov too but it really doesn't hurt having him go down and play a ton, he might be up sooner rather than later.And I don't mind Lemieux on the third line, he's got a bit more skills than some people think.

If you watched the preseason with an open mind, you would have seen that Kravstov wasn't ready. On top of that, anyone suggesting that Haley or McKegg made it over him is being disingenuous and just looking for something to complain about.

Krav needed to beat out one of Fast, Names, or Kakko to make the team and he didn't... unless you want him on the 4th line which isn't a legitimate option. It's not hard to figure out why he was sent down.

I wouldn’t mind another top 10 pick + whatever they’re gonna get for Kreider and fast

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Me neither. I've mentioned in another thread that I would love to see this team play very competitively, losing a lot of one goal games, finishing sub .500 for the sole purpose of the 2020 draft. Then I hope they come out this time next year like a bat out of hell.

I love Kravtsov too but it really doesn't hurt having him go down and play a ton, he might be up sooner rather than later.And I don't mind Lemieux on the third line, he's got a bit more skills than some people think.

It isn't really about whether it's going to hurt him to me. It's not. It's about the idea of putting your best product on the ice. I don't know why people think playing Fast on the 3rd, McKegg on the 4th, with Haley 13th is better than Krav or Chytil on the 3rd, Fast on the 4th, McKegg 13th. I'll just agree to disagree at this point.

If you watched the preseason with an open mind, you would have seen that Kravstov wasn't ready. On top of that, anyone suggesting that Haley or McKegg made it over him is being disingenuous and just looking for something to complain about.

Krav needed to beat out one of Fast, Names, or Kakko to make the team and he didn't... unless you want him on the 4th line which isn't a legitimate option. It's not hard to figure out why he was sent down.

None of this is true.

No? Please explain rather than offering nothing.

I mean read my post right before that.

Feels like we are at a point with fans and management here that we can't have a difference of opinion or say anything in disagreement with a decision. Kind of like how nobody could comment on Lundqvist's average high glove hand or the occasional backbreaking softie during his prime without the rebuke of Rangers fans.

I mean read my post right before that.

Feels like we are at a point with fans and management here that we can't have a difference of opinion or say anything in disagreement with a decision. Kind of like how nobody could comment on Lundqvist's average high glove hand or the occasional backbreaking softie during his prime without the rebuke of Rangers fans.

Here's what you said right before:

It isn't really about whether it's going to hurt him to me. It's not. It's about the idea of putting your best product on the ice. I don't know why people think playing Fast on the 3rd, McKegg on the 4th, with Haley 13th is better than Krav or Chytil on the 3rd, Fast on the 4th, McKegg 13th. I'll just agree to disagree at this point.

You're pretending that you're calling out some great scheme of mismanagement while you're leaving out players in this equation. I can't tell if it's intentional to make your point or what but In order for Kravstov to make the top 9 he needed to be at least the 9th best player in camp in order to push anyone down. He simply was not. He didn't get pucks deep, he didn't make tape-to-tape passes, he didn't play well along the boards, he did really do much of anything to deserve a spot on an NHL roster. Chytil had even more of an opportunity considering the Rangers looked willing to play him pretty much anywhere, and he still didn't make it happen.

There were a lot of fans that seemed to be wishing and hoping rather than watching with an open mind. Neither player was the 9th best player in camp. It really is that simple.

And while it's popular to shit on Haley and McKegg and say "same old Rangers" it's completely unfounded. Haley and McKegg have absolutely nothing to do with Chytil and Krav because Chytil and Krav playing 6 minutes a night was never an option. Collectively they needed to be better than Howden, Andersson, Namestinikov, Fast or Kakko. They weren't.

Here's what you said right before:

You're pretending that you're calling out some great scheme of mismanagement while you're leaving out players in this equation. I can't tell if it's intentional to make your point or what but In order for Kravstov to make the top 9 he needed to be at least the 9th best player in camp in order to push anyone down. He simply was not. He didn't get pucks deep, he didn't make tape-to-tape passes, he didn't play well along the boards, he did really do much of anything to deserve a spot on an NHL roster. Chytil had even more of an opportunity considering the Rangers looked willing to play him pretty much anywhere, and he still didn't make it happen.

There were a lot of fans that seemed to be wishing and hoping rather than watching with an open mind. Neither player was the 9th best player in camp. It really is that simple.

And while it's popular to shit on Haley and McKegg and say "same old Rangers" it's completely unfounded. Haley and McKegg have absolutely nothing to do with Chytil and Krav because Chytil and Krav playing 6 minutes a night was never an option. Collectively they needed to be better than Howden, Andersson, Namestinikov, Fast or Kakko. They weren't.

I'll just agree to disagree at this point. Just stop complaining about a poster voicing disagreement with like one decision all summer. Is it that hard to pause for one second and not be a yes man about everything management is doing? Let's not forget, Quinn is a second year coach. He isn't perfect, and we should stop pretending he is.