• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Evander Kane Says He was "Jumped" by Official

Kevin

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2019/09/30/sharks-evander-kane-referee-penalty/3817650002/

San Jose Sharks forward Evander Kane said his ejection from Sunday?s game against the Vegas Golden Knights for abuse of an official was an "absolute joke" because he was the abused party.

"I get kicked out of the game for getting jumped from behind by a referee. I've never seen a ref take five strides," Kane said, according to ESPN. "If you look at his face, he's getting all this power and he's trying to drive me into the ice, which is what he did. That's unbelievable. Talk about abuse of an official? How about abuse of a player?"

Seconds later, as Kane was skating up ice, Murchison grabbed Kane?s jersey, presumably to make sure he didn?t confront Engelland, and the two of them fell on the ice. As they were getting up, Kane is shown shoving at Murchison.

"I was just skating up the ice, minding my own business, and next thing you know, I get driven into the ice by one of the officials,? Kane said. ?I wasn't even engaged with one of their players. Explain that to me, how I get kicked out of the game for that. Baffling."

He definitely didn't get driven into the ice... One of Kane slash meant for Engelland, also hit the ref...

The slash in and of itself was unnecessary but happens all the time in high tension situations. That it hit the ref is...eek.

The ref turning around a few seconds later and planting him in the ice like some kind of ragdoll is absolutely insane. I'm not generally a fan of Kane, but man.

The slash in and of itself was unnecessary but happens all the time in high tension situations. That it hit the ref is...eek.

The ref turning around a few seconds later and planting him in the ice like some kind of ragdoll is absolutely insane. I'm not generally a fan of Kane, but man.

That's nothing more than a jersey grab and a skate in a rut.

That's irrelevant.

If you trip someone, its a trip, even if on accident, even if you were going after the puck, even if you were just standing there and a guy falls on your stick, its a trip.