• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Centric Podcast

Dunny

Carpinello is the basic beat guy, and that's fine, whatever.

Shayna is the obligatory female contributer, which is also fine, could do worse.

But they're missing that 3rd piece. The first two are set up the same as a MLB team Athletic page, (Standard beat dude, female secondary) but even the Jays have a 3rd content driver, who is a full blown Marxist, (Andrew Stoeten) but I don't care because his content is brilliant. The podcasts, the deep dives in to the farm, etc.

Just seems like they've cheaped out a bit on the NHL side.

Carpinello is the basic beat guy, and that's fine, whatever.

Shayna is the obligatory female contributer, which is also fine, could do worse.

But they're missing that 3rd piece. The first two are set up the same as a MLB team Athletic page, (Standard beat dude, female secondary) but even the Jays have a 3rd content driver, who is a full blown Marxist, (Andrew Stoeten) but I don't care because his content is brilliant. The podcasts, the deep dives in to the farm, etc.

Just seems like they've cheaped out a bit on the NHL side.

The problem isn't the structure really, it's just that neither is particularly good. Carp doesn't seem to know how to write anything of substance, and Shayna is so substance-heavy that it's boring.

Mieh, latest was OK, and I'll certainly keep listening, but some of it was hard to get through. Shayna was on, and I'm with her on some stuff, but not much.

It sounded like three kids, really.

Fawning over Josh Ho-Sang is just a bad take. I sometimes wonder if people realize the game is played in two directions, but whatever.

Liked the Greg (?) guy.

Mieh, latest was OK, and I'll certainly keep listening, but some of it was hard to get through. Shayna was on, and I'm with her on some stuff, but not much.

It sounded like three kids, really.

Fawning over Josh Ho-Sang is just a bad take. I sometimes wonder if people realize the game is played in two directions, but whatever.

Liked the Greg (?) guy.

It is three kids. Everyone doing Rangers-centric podcasting is under 30, or barely over it.

It is three kids. Everyone doing Rangers-centric podcasting is under 30, or barely over it.

OK, I didn't realize this is the Kakko superfan guy. That's pretty cringey.

Also, they're now part of The Athletic. Good for them.

• 3 weeks later...