• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers @ Islanders Preseason Game #6 ? 9/28/19 ? 7pm, MSG

Phil

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith, ADA, Andersson and Kravstov all looked good tonight. Chytil, not so much. Mostly got the better of the play against the Isles' full lineup.

Hopefully Kravstov isn't hurt but that looked bad.

Would still like to see a bit more urgency offensively. Most of the guys tonight are not getting much PP time; shot the puck and go to the net.

Smith, ADA, Andersson and Kravstov all looked good tonight. Chytil, not so much. Mostly got the better of the play against the Isles' full lineup.

Hopefully Kravstov isn't hurt but that looked bad.

Would still like to see a bit more urgency offensively. Most of the guys tonight are not getting much PP time; shot the puck and go to the net.

I'm just not seeing how Kravstov is ready. He hasn't made a tape to tape pass all preseason and he's nowhere to be found along the boards. I thought Chytil showed a little something tonight finally, but I actually think Howden, Chytil, and Krav should go down. Anderson 3rd line. McKegg on the 4th line.

As far as Smith goes, he was good. I can't say anything bad about out him tonight.

And Tony and Lemeiux are gonna be fucking fun this year. Love their cocky asshole tendencies. Islanders were trying to murder Lemieux in the 3rd which led directly to Tony's goal.

I'm just not seeing how Kravstov is ready. He hasn't made a tape to tape pass all preseason and he's nowhere to be found along the boards. I thought Chytil showed a little something tonight finally, but I actually think Howden, Chytil, and Krav should go down. Anderson 3rd line. McKegg on the 4th line.

As far as Smith goes, he was good. I can't say anything bad about out him tonight.

And Tony and Lemeiux are gonna be fucking fun this year. Love their cocky asshole tendencies. Islanders were trying to murder Lemieux in the 3rd which led directly to Tony's goal.

That was a fun sequence.

Like the bash brothers from mighty ducks, but pests.

Agree with this one hundo p.

Agree with this one hundo p.

Would do him no harm to get lots of ice time and adjust to North America in a less frantic setting like Hartford. It's clearly what they'r gonna do with Igor. There could be trades or injuries and then some time midseason he can get promoted. Giving him 3rd/4th line minutes, no PP, no PK, in the NHL right now like Andersson and Chytil did last year makes little sense. Any word on his status after getting kicked in his shoulder?

I at the point where I just don't care anymore.

Just make the god damn cuts Quinn. It's really got a little ridiculous, last night's lineup was pretty disappointing to me. What is he going to get from one game that he doesn't already know. It's one game.

I thought it would have been better served getting some traction on continuity before, ya know, our first real game only days from now.

Just pick 20 skaters, you can shuffle roster again next week if you want, who cares, they're in Hartford, you're not banishing them to the moon.

Hurry the fuck up, already.

Panarin Zibanajed Buchnevich

Kreider Strome Kakko

Names Andersson Chytil

Lemieux McKegg Fast.

Haley 13th forward.

That?s what I would go with for starting the season after watching last night.

Defense is a bit more complex to figure out what 7 to keep.

Skjei Trouba

Staal D?Angelo

After that it?s 3 out of Fox, Hajek, Lindgren, Morrow and Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Just make the god damn cuts Quinn. It's really got a little ridiculous, last night's lineup was pretty disappointing to me. What is he going to get from one game that he doesn't already know. It's one game.

I thought it would have been better served getting some traction on continuity before, ya know, our first real game only days from now.

Just pick 20 skaters, you can shuffle roster again next week if you want, who cares, they're in Hartford, you're not banishing them to the moon.

Part of it is that they play 2 games in the first 10 or so days. Plenty of time for bonding.
Panarin Zibanajed Buchnevich

Kreider Strome Kakko

Names Andersson Chytil

Lemieux McKegg Fast.

Haley 13th forward.

That?s what I would go with for starting the season after watching last night.

Defense is a bit more complex to figure out what 7 to keep.

Skjei Trouba

Staal D?Angelo

After that it?s 3 out of Fox, Hajek, Lindgren, Morrow and Smith.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'll punch myself in the face of Haley makes this team.

Smith should be the 13th fwd/8th d.

Skjei Trouba

Staal ADA

Hajek Fox

Lindgren

Smith

Morrow is just too ordinary. Guy like that needs to be better than everyone to make the team. He wasn't.

Part of it is that they play 2 games in the first 10 or so days. Plenty of time for bonding. I'll punch myself in the face of Haley makes this team.

Smith should be the 13th fwd/8th d.

Skjei Trouba

Staal ADA

Hajek Fox

Lindgren

Smith

Morrow is just too ordinary. Guy like that needs to be better than everyone to make the team. He wasn't.

Haley got his ass kicked last night. Not a good look for a goon.

Lightbulb appears to have gone on over Smith's head.

With such a young roster how can you be upset that Quinn took his time?

Watching Kravtsov, he goes to and does everything asked for him. Just needs to get older. Rather see him start here and learn, practice with the guys daily,learn the nhl game & lifestyle.

Would do him no harm to get lots of ice time and adjust to North America in a less frantic setting like Hartford. It's clearly what they'r gonna do with Igor. There could be trades or injuries and then some time midseason he can get promoted. Giving him 3rd/4th line minutes, no PP, no PK, in the NHL right now like Andersson and Chytil did last year makes little sense. Any word on his status after getting kicked in his shoulder?

He need to adjust to the NHL game, not the North American game.

He need to adjust to the NHL game, not the North American game.

Would think in hindsight having Chytil and Andersson getting few minutes and often scratched in the NHL rather than playing huge minutes in the AHL is not viewed as smart development strategy. At least the first few months of the season on the farm couldn't hurt-play a lot, get your feet wet, adjust to America . Looks like with Igor it's not even a question.