• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers vs. Flyers Preseason Game #5 ? 9/26/19 ? 7pm, MSG

Morphinity 2.0

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They're both here. Names is a UFA, all but guaranteed to be traded by the deadline. Strome is a RFA that probably won't be here next year. Fast is likely gone. Kreider's days are likely numbered as well. Your acting like Names and Strome are on 7 year deals blocking the teenagers forever.

I said no such thing; I imagine that both will likely be gone by next year's training camp.

Was simply agreeing with Gravesy's point that it seems unnecessary to send Kravtsov to Hartford when he has showed that he deserves to start the season in the NHL. I get that they are both stopgaps(Namestikov & Strome). With Panarin, Zibenejad, & Buchnevich as the assumed top line; you have 10 guys left who can play that middle 6 roll plus Nieves & McKegg to fill out the bottom line. It's just an unnecessary glut of players with Namestikov and Strome, and that one their minutes could be much better allocated towards development.

I said no such thing; I imagine that both will likely be gone by next year's training camp.

Was simply agreeing with Gravesy's point that it seems unnecessary to send Kravtsov to Hartford when he has showed that he deserves to start the season in the NHL. I get that they are both stopgaps(Namestikov & Strome). With Panarin, Zibenejad, & Buchnevich as the assumed top line; you have 10 guys left who can play that middle 6 roll plus Nieves & McKegg to fill out the bottom line. It's just an unnecessary glut of players with Namestikov and Strome, and that one their minutes could be much better allocated towards development.

So what's your point? You gonna scratch Names or Strome? At least one of the teenagers is gonna get sent down.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

So what's your point? You gonna scratch Names or Strome? At least one of the teenagers is gonna get sent down.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

What is my point? I articulated that already; one of them is superfluous.

Am I going to scratch them? No; I don't work for the NY Rangers, that is the coaches job.

If you are asking me what I would do if I was in Gorton's shoes? I would trade one of them for pennies on the dollar; have a hard time believing that you couldn't get a 7th round pick or D level prospect for Strome and 50% retained. If you can't or that compliactes the politics with Quinn, then you really are stuck. Doesn't mean one of them is not superfluous.

And that would be OK, none look 100% NHL ready sans Kakko (who will look like a rook all year).

What people keep forgetting to think about is the cultural shift moving to NA is for these kids. Rykov, Shesty and Krav have been the 3 Amigos...errr....Comrades....all summer. They might just do better together in the A than have Kravtsov here just because...He has not had the performance that says he's 100% NHL ready. It's more like...he can play in the NHL, but that doesn't mean he should.

What is my point? I articulated that already; one of them is superfluous.

Am I going to scratch them? No; I don't work for the NY Rangers, that is the coaches job.

If you are asking me what I would do if I was in Gorton's shoes? I would trade one of them for pennies on the dollar; have a hard time believing that you couldn't get a 7th round pick or D level prospect for Strome and 50% retained. If you can't or that compliactes the politics with Quinn, then you really are stuck. Doesn't mean one of them is not superfluous.

Or a teenager can play in the minors, you can trade a vet at the deadline for market value, and run your franchise like real life instead of NHL 20.

• Like 1

And that would be OK, none look 100% NHL ready sans Kakko (who will look like a rook all year).

What people keep forgetting to think about is the cultural shift moving to NA is for these kids. Rykov, Shesty and Krav have been the 3 Amigos...errr....Comrades....all summer. They might just do better together in the A than have Kravtsov here just because...He has not had the performance that says he's 100% NHL ready. It's more like...he can play in the NHL, but that doesn't mean he should.

This is how I see it. Can he physically dress and play on the 3rd line? Sure. But why not go down, like you said, with the other Russians and let them adjust at their own pace? I don't know why we need to repeat the Chytil and Andersson seasons from last year. We don't need Kravstov putting up 20 points.

The minors exist for a reason. Most teams don't bring their players straight into the NHL. Let them adjust.