Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Nancy Pelosi Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry into Trump

Moderator BSBH Prospect

Nancy Pelosi Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry into Trump

Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    Not a problem. I wouldn't vote for any of the clowns the Dems are putting up.

No, there's no grounds for impeachment.
    If any US president or official presses a foreign nation for support or help for political gains its impeachable.
    The first and foremost reason the constitutional framers explained for impeachment.

“the desire in foreign powers to gain an improper ascendant in our councils.” - Alexander Hamilton

There simply were no greater threats in their mind to our young nation.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No grounds... Except an admitted conversation of using his office for personal gain... You have interesting standards
    That he doubled down on by inviting a second country — China — to investigate his political opponents.

Will Hurd (R-TX) went so far as to call it "terrible."

“I think it is something that I wouldn’t have done and I can go two days — I think two days before that, wishing China congratulations on 70 years of communism via a tweet, is not something I would do either.

"China is an adversary."
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...to-investigate

Mitt Romney — another Republican — had this to say:

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    I'm not going to search for the vid. It's all over. And the fact sonny boy got hired by the company being investigated at $50k / month around the same time is only a coinkydink….
    I've seen the video of Biden claiming credit for getting the prosecutor fired. Again, Shokin had largely shelved any investigation of Burisma - or pretty much anyone else - by the time he got shitcanned. (My references are at post 137 of this thread.) Why would it then benefit Biden to get someone hired who would be tough on corruption if he was trying to scuttle any investigation? The argument that seems so obvious to you doesn't make any sense to me.

And the fact that that you aren't interested in backing up your own case indicates to me that either you don't think the justification exists or that you're really only interested in lobbing stuff from behind the partisan barricades. Where am I going wrong here?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Of course he is. Doesn't fit the narrative and how many National Security experts have you actually talked to about it?
    No, he isn't. It doesn't matter if it was Biden, Romney, Reagan, Nixon, McCarthy, Andrew Jackson, Adam Schiff, Cosmo Spacely, or Glen Sather. The President of the United States has used his office as a weapon to influence foreign powers to interfere in elections on his behalf.

If you think the Biden thing is worth investigating? Go for it. It doesn't change the fact that Trump did what he did and therefore isn't relevant to the case.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No grounds... Except an admitted conversation of using his office for personal gain... You have interesting standards
    Impeachment standards? I would think lying about a "video" being the cause and hiding during the Benghazi debacle is much greater ground for dereliction of duty and impeachment then suggesting (again there is NO quid pro quo proven) a foreign govt look into possible corruption that was BRAGGED about by a previous admin and who wants to become the next president. If you question trumps motivations and ethics surely you MUST question Biden's....

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    If any US president or official presses a foreign nation for support or help for political gains its impeachable.
    [/url]
    ethically challenged? OK
    Illegal? Where and what statute actually calls that a crime? Impeachable offense? Nowhere, it's intentionally obtuse so pols can twist it however they see fit. And what come out of the Dems spittle spewing 24/7 TDS hatred from the day Trump won I have NO faith they know what a "high crime and misdemeanor" is

Impeachment standards? I would think lying about a "video" being the cause and hiding during the Benghazi debacle is much greater ground for dereliction of duty and impeachment then suggesting (again there is NO quid pro quo proven) a foreign govt look into possible corruption that was BRAGGED about by a previous admin and who wants to become the next president. If you question trumps motivations and ethics surely you MUST question Biden's....
    How does any of that that change that Trump openly and brazenly used his office as a weapon to influence foreign powers, some hostile, to interfere in elections on his behalf?

If you cannot answer that question without going "But Biden!" "But Hillary!" "But (insert name of person)!", you're not engaging in the argument. You're erecting strawmen that both if true, are separate and irrelevant investigations, and all have been overwhelmingly proven untrue, so aren't worth discussing.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

ethically challenged? OK
    Illegal? Where and what statute actually calls that a crime? Impeachable offense? Nowhere, it's intentionally obtuse so pols can twist it however they see fit. And what come out of the Dems spittle spewing 24/7 TDS hatred from the day Trump won I have NO faith they know what a "high crime and misdemeanor" is
    I'm pretty sure asking a hostile power to investigate the actions of an American citizen to the benefit of the President, invoking rhetoric of Civil War, or basically saying that anyone who contradicts him is treasonous and should be executed are all violations of the Oath of Office, the Office of the President, the Constitution, qualify as the "tyrannical government" our forefathers warned us about, and probably a bunch of laws.

But what do I know? I'm not a constitutional scholar, as I'm certain you're about to point out.
    Hidden Content

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Great, agreed on all. Lock her up, and investigate him.

Now tell me more about Trump, and his crime. (Because co-opting not one, not 2, but 3 foreign governments to influence not 1, but 2 elections...is surely treason)

Just to track all this - in the last 24 hours...

Trump calls for Romney to be impeached
    Trump calls for Pelosi to be charged with treason
    Trump ordered to turn over 8 years of tax returns, granted a brief stay
    Trump allows Turkey to invade Kurdish lands in Syria

I have to admit, I'm not entirely sure I fully understood the stakes of impeachment, but it's clear as day to me now. This isn't an impeachment battle a-la Johnson, or Nixon, or Clinton. This is the last stand against a full on authoritarian takeover of our government.

For the sake of parliamentary democracy, the poison's got to be sucked out. The Senate must stand with the House. Those implicated must be held responsible. And if a GOP rep/senator can't go home and say they voted for democracy over party, for America over GOP, and feel like that was a good decision, that's probably a sign that they deserve to lose their seat.

If impeachment fails, this maniac is going to purge the government of anyone who opposes him. Like a dictator.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Just to track all this - in the last 24 hours...

Trump calls for Romney to be impeached
    Trump calls for Pelosi to be charged with treason
    Trump ordered to turn over 8 years of tax returns, granted a brief stay
    Trump allows Turkey to invade Kurdish lands in Syria

I have to admit, I'm not entirely sure I fully understood the stakes of impeachment, but it's clear as day to me now. This isn't an impeachment battle a-la Johnson, or Nixon, or Clinton. This is the last stand against a full on authoritarian takeover of our government.

For the sake of parliamentary democracy, the poison's got to be sucked out. The Senate must stand with the House. Those implicated must be held responsible. And if a GOP rep/senator can't go home and say they voted for democracy over party, for America over GOP, and feel like that was a good decision, that's probably a sign that they deserve to lose their seat.

If impeachment fails, this maniac is going to purge the government of anyone who opposes him. Like a dictator.
    Indeed. I'm sure this will be panned as hyperbole and the death throes of the "unhinged (psychological projection like a mother fucker) left," but in this case, it's absolutely true.

That he's warring with Senators he desperately needs to not be convicted in a pending impeachment trial on critical foreign policy like Turkey + Syria is incredible given the picture he's painted himself into.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Romney Whipping Votes Against Trump in Senate

There’s no flood of GOP refugees yet—but there’s unmistakable drift. Trump’s approval rating among Republicans is 87%, a drop of four points since mid September, according to the latest Gallup tracking poll. Meanwhile, Trump’s firewall at Fox News, a vital bulwark that protects his GOP base, has also shown signs of cracking. Tucker Carlson conceded in an op-ed that Trump’s actions were indefensible, though not impeachable. Fox News legal analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano called Trump’s Ukraine actions “criminal and impeachable behavior” last week. Behind the scenes, Fox board member Paul Ryan has privately told Fox Corp CEO Lachlan Murdoch to cut ties with Trump.
    According to people close to Romney, he’s firmly decided against primarying Trump, an enterprise he believes to be a sure loser given Trump’s enduring GOP support. Romney has also told people that, as an unsuccessful two-time presidential candidate, he’s the wrong person to take on Trump. Instead, a Romney adviser told me, Romney believes he has more potential power as a senator who will decide Trump’s fate in an impeachment trial. “He could have tremendous influence in the impeachment process as the lone voice of conscience in the Republican caucus,” the adviser said. In recent days, Romney has been reaching out privately to key players in the Republican resistance, according to a person briefed on the conversations. “Romney is the one guy who could bring along Susan Collins, Cory Gardner, Ben Sasse. Romney is the pressure point in the impeachment process. That’s why the things he’s saying are freaking Republicans out.” (Romney, through a spokesperson, declined to comment.)
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...peachment-2020
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Like I said before - oppose Trump, rally GOP, leverage for a POTUS run.

I don't buy for one second that Mitt, or anyone really, would do this just to be a more influential senator long term.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Trump clearly obstructs justice by not allowing a diplomat to be deposed... Man, is this guy in a shit load of trouble and feeling it...

White House tells Pelosi, Committee it won't cooperate with impeachment inquiry

The White House on Tuesday wrote to Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and three Democratic committee leaders to say it would not cooperate with the House’s ongoing impeachment inquiry into President Trump, framing the investigation as an effort to “overturn the results of the 2016 election.”

White House counsel Pat Cipollone accused House Democrats in an eight-page letter of making “legally unsupported demands” of the executive branch and accused them of violating the Constitution and past precedent in opening the impeachment inquiry into Trump’s dealings with Ukraine.

“Given that your inquiry lacks any legitimate constitutional foundation, any pretense of fairness, or even the most elementary due process protections, the Executive Branch cannot be expected to participate in it,” Cipollone wrote. “Because participating in this inquiry under the current unconstitutional posture would inflict lasting institutional harm on the Executive Branch and lasting damage to the separation of powers, you have left the President no choice."

“Consistent with the duties of the President of the United States, and in particular his obligation to preserve the rights of future occupants of his office, President Trump cannot permit his Administration to participate in this partisan inquiry under these circumstances,” he wrote.

The letter amounts to a directive to halt any cooperation with House Democrats and lays the foundation for what will be a bitter impeachment battle in the coming weeks.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...cooperate-with

--

This has effectively forced the Dems to formally draft Articles of Impeachment. There's no road left to wander down.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...cooperate-with

--

This has effectively forced the Dems to formally draft Articles of Impeachment. There's no road left to wander down.
    This is a coup d'etat by the executive branch attempting to overpower and marginalize a coequal branch of government. I wouldn't draft articles of impeachment at this point. This is a brazen, outward abuse of power intended to undermine the authority of the United States government.

Try him for treason.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

- John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Banned Bantam Division
    Her response should have been "Sure. You reset everything to where Obama left it and resign and we won't impeach you."
    And this sums up your outrage and what the impeachment is about. Because you don’t like him or his politics does not make him a criminal or a threat to the country. What’s a threat to the country is trying to reduce 60 million votes to nothing, using the spy agencies to turn on a president before he even takes office and the “moderate” people all stand around clapping like seals in approval. What do yogthink happens when the power shifts and a dem is president with a gop house. Impeach trump and this will never end well. If they are going to impeach then take a house vote and do it with transparency. But first a foremost how about beating him in the election.

No moderate republicans? When Nancy Pelosi is considered moderate that party is a mess.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    His politics don't make him a criminal.

His crimes do.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast