Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 381 to 398 of 398

Thread: Nancy Pelosi Announces Formal Impeachment Inquiry into Trump

  1. #381
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,715
    Rep Power
    353
    This wasn’t what I saw earlier, but practically the same statement

    ”Hunter intends to resign from the BHR board of directors on or by October 31, 2019,” Mesires said. He noted that Biden had already left the board of Burisma.
    https://apple.news/ApZKbv-EpT22gczsv0sYjvQ
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  2. #382
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,236
    Rep Power
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    This wasn’t what I saw earlier, but practically the same statement



    https://apple.news/ApZKbv-EpT22gczsv0sYjvQ
    Oh, yea misread what you were saying.

    I don't know when he resigned from Burisma, can't find that.

    But BHR is another company entirely and seems like removing any COI is smart right now.

  3. #383
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,715
    Rep Power
    353
    Well, isn’t COI what trump was insinuating?
    So trumps the whistleblower.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  4. #384
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,236
    Rep Power
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Well, isn’t COI what trump was insinuating?
    So trumps the whistleblower.
    OK... So impeach Hunter don't vote for Joe....doesn't absolve Trump or mean he shouldn't be impeached.

  5. #385
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    87,593
    Rep Power
    476

    Bolton Objected to Ukraine Pressure Campaign, Calling Giuliani ‘a Hand Grenade’

    WASHINGTON — The effort to pressure Ukraine for political help provoked a heated confrontation inside the White House last summer that so alarmed John R. Bolton, then the national security adviser, that he told an aide to alert White House lawyers, House investigators were told on Monday.

    Mr. Bolton got into a tense exchange on July 10 with Gordon D. Sondland, the Trump donor turned ambassador to the European Union, who was working with Rudolph W. Giuliani, the president’s personal lawyer, to press Ukraine to investigate Democrats, according to three people who heard the testimony.

    The aide, Fiona Hill, testified that Mr. Bolton told her to notify the chief lawyer for the National Security Council about a rogue effort by Mr. Sondland, Mr. Giuliani and Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, according to the people familiar with the testimony.

    “I am not part of whatever drug deal Sondland and Mulvaney are cooking up,” Mr. Bolton, a Yale-trained lawyer, told Ms. Hill to tell White House lawyers, according to two people at the deposition. (Another person in the room initially said Mr. Bolton referred to Mr. Giuliani and Mr. Mulvaney, but two others said he cited Mr. Sondland.)

    It was not the first time Mr. Bolton expressed grave concerns to Ms. Hill about the campaign being run by Mr. Giuliani. “Giuliani’s a hand grenade who’s going to blow everybody up,” Ms. Hill quoted Mr. Bolton as saying during an earlier conversation.
    At one point, she confronted Mr. Sondland, who had inserted himself into dealings with Ukraine even though it was not part of his official portfolio, according to the people informed about Ms. Hill’s testimony.

    He told her that he was in charge of Ukraine, a moment she compared to Secretary of State Alexander M. Haig Jr.’s declaration that he was in charge after the Ronald Reagan assassination attempt, according to those who heard the testimony.

    According to whom, she asked.

    The president, he answered.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/14/u...testimony.html
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  6. #386
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    17,307
    Rep Power
    182
    Too much smoke for there not to be fire here.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  7. #387
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Rep Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Too much smoke for there not to be fire here.
    That's what we were told for 2 years about the Mueller report. Maybe this time will be different, but we'll just have to wait and see again. If the Democrats don't make this work, and Trump walks away from this, I think we know 2020 would basically be a lock for Trump.

  8. #388
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    87,593
    Rep Power
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    That's what we were told for 2 years about the Mueller report. Maybe this time will be different, but we'll just have to wait and see again. If the Democrats don't make this work, and Trump walks away from this, I think we know 2020 would basically be a lock for Trump.
    The same Mueller report that outlined ten counts of Obstruction, explicitly did not exonerate the President, and which definitively outlined the Trump Admin's outright eagerness and willingness to accept foreign interference in a U.S. election? If that's a nothing burger, no wonder Trump seems Teflon.

    I'm not at all in agreement on the latter, either. Polling, right now, favors the inquiry and impeachment polling itself would presumably rise under a grueling impeachment trial. Even if the Senate fails to convict him, the process could (or should) be incredibly damaging to Trump's reelection bid. It's entirely dependent upon how they handle the hearings/trial, and how well Dem candidates can stay on message.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  9. #389
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Rep Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    The same Mueller report that outlined ten counts of Obstruction, explicitly did not exonerate the President, and which definitively outlined the Trump Admin's outright eagerness and willingness to accept foreign interference in a U.S. election? If that's a nothing burger, no wonder Trump seems Teflon.

    I'm not at all in agreement on the latter, either. Polling, right now, favors the inquiry and impeachment polling itself would presumably rise under a grueling impeachment trial. Even if the Senate fails to convict him, the process could (or should) be incredibly damaging to Trump's reelection bid. It's entirely dependent upon how they handle the hearings/trial, and how well Dem candidates can stay on message.
    The point is nothing came of it to threaten Trump's position as President. It was supposed to be a slam dunk case to prove him guilty and provide what was necessary to impeach and essentially imprison him on treason charges. Now it's "it didn't exonerate him", which is not the point.

  10. #390
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    87,593
    Rep Power
    476
    Except for the ten counts of Obstruction, which, were he not President, he'd be in prison for right now. Mueller's unwillingness to come to a conclusion on "collusion" based on some shitty, dated DOJ practice (not law) of not indicting a sitting President is the only reason he's not been impeached and thrown in prison. Instead, dozens of those closest to him took the fall for him. Just as they're set to do in Ukraine.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  11. #391
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    NY Chief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    495
    Rep Power
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post

    If he was joking, you have to ask yourself whether or not you think joking about having foreign countries interfere in our elections on his behalf is both conduct becoming of a president and whether or not people generally turn to the president of the United States for foreign policy jokes.
    Twisting again. I said if he was joking it IS a stupid thing to say. However, hardly an impeachable offense.

  12. #392
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    87,593
    Rep Power
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    Twisting again. I said if he was joking it IS a stupid thing to say. However, hardly an impeachable offense.
    Wrong. Again.

    It's literally a crime under Contributions and donations by foreign nationals. U.S. Code § 30121.

    (a) Prohibition It shall be unlawful for—

    (1) a foreign national, directly or indirectly, to make—

    (A) a contribution or donation of money or other thing of value, or to make an express or implied promise to make a contribution or donation, in connection with a Federal, State, or local election;
    (B) a contribution or donation to a committee of a political party; or
    (C) an expenditure, independent expenditure, or disbursement for an electioneering communication (within the meaning of section 30104(f)(3) of this title); or

    (2) a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation described in subparagraph (A) or (B) of paragraph (1) from a foreign national.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  13. #393
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    87,593
    Rep Power
    476

    Giuliani says he won't comply with subpoenas from Democrats

    Rudy Giuliani, who is President Trump's personal attorney, told lawmakers on Tuesday that he won't comply with a congressional subpoena for documents and communications related to House Democrats' impeachment inquiry.

    Giuliani's attorney, Jon Sale, wrote to the House Intelligence Committee that Giuliani would not comply with the subpoena. Sale cited a White House letter stating that it would not cooperate with the impeachment inquiry, which it claimed was invalid.

    Sale's letter, a copy of which was obtained by The Hill, argues that the subpoena is "overbroad, unduly burdensome, and seeks documents beyond the scope of legitimate inquiry." Sale also asserted that certain documents in the subpoena fall under attorney-client privilege, an argument that some legal experts expressed skepticism about.

    Giuliani hired Sale, a former Watergate prosecutor, to assist him in responding to the subpoena. Sale told The Hill on Tuesday his work for Giuliani is completed, and he is no longer representing him as a result.

    House Democrats sent Giuliani a subpoena on Sept. 30 seeking documents related to his work in Ukraine, which is at the heart of an ongoing impeachment inquiry into Trump. Giuliani has been at the center of efforts to find and circulate potentially damaging allegations about former Vice President Joe Biden, one of Trump's chief political rivals.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...mpression=true
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  14. #394
    Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    701
    Rep Power
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    That's what we were told for 2 years about the Mueller report. Maybe this time will be different, but we'll just have to wait and see again. If the Democrats don't make this work, and Trump walks away from this, I think we know 2020 would basically be a lock for Trump.
    I agree on wait and see. My tendency to prudence was definitely offended by the outcome of the Meuller report. Everyone should have shut up more and waited for the results. That being said, even if no conspiracy resulted, it's still pretty damning.

    I disagree with you on this being the lynchpin for the next election. If Trump is still tanking with independents (and Republican women) and increased turnout brings the 10-15 million people who didn't vote last time, impeached or not won't matter . Only the Fox News base cares or thinks that Trump is being wrongly persecuted by psychotic Democrats. The idea that he is the President of this country, imo, fundamentally offends most of the rest of the electorate and the only thing those people are going to be looking for is the other box to check.

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  15. #395
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    17,307
    Rep Power
    182
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    Twisting again. I said if he was joking it IS a stupid thing to say. However, hardly an impeachable offense.
    If I'm twisting something, then you're in agreement with me, so that's a pretty confusing accusation there.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  16. #396
    Senior Member Midget Division
    4EverRangerFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2,799
    Rep Power
    56
    Does anyone else see Trump attempting to pardon Rudy when Donald realizes that events are getting close to the final hour? I can envision some kind of pre-pardon declaration coming out before Rudy is convicted -- assuming he will be convicted of something. Sure it's crazy, by why not?

    Can you see DT pardoning himself with the argument, "The president has pardoned Trump the man..." separate from the presidency? Yeah these are seriously far-fetched but end-around plays are not beyond this administration IMO.

  17. #397
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,445
    Rep Power
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Does anyone else see Trump attempting to pardon Rudy when Donald realizes that events are getting close to the final hour? I can envision some kind of pre-pardon declaration coming out before Rudy is convicted -- assuming he will be convicted of something. Sure it's crazy, by why not?

    Can you see DT pardoning himself with the argument, "The president has pardoned Trump the man..." separate from the presidency? Yeah these are seriously far-fetched but end-around plays are not beyond this administration IMO.
    He's not above doing this. About a year ago he pardoned two of his own prior to execution.

  18. #398
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,459
    Rep Power
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Does anyone else see Trump attempting to pardon Rudy when Donald realizes that events are getting close to the final hour? I can envision some kind of pre-pardon declaration coming out before Rudy is convicted -- assuming he will be convicted of something. Sure it's crazy, by why not?

    Can you see DT pardoning himself with the argument, "The president has pardoned Trump the man..." separate from the presidency? Yeah these are seriously far-fetched but end-around plays are not beyond this administration IMO.
    frank, when trump eventually takes over all the power in America and becomes a dictator ala Stalin, and sends all his opponents to gulags or death camps, I will personally ask him to pardon you. its only cause I like you, frank

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •