• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers vs. Islanders Preseason Game #4 ? 9/24/19 ? 7pm, MSG, NHLN

Morphinity 2.0

Henrik looking so excited about this team

He looked/seemed high that entire interview.. it was almost creepy.

Though Buch had a really strong game. Both goalies looked good. Obviously, Panarin. Kakko-howden-kravtsov had some really good shifts. Smith shouldn?t be on this team. Anderson was noticeable again.

Was this lemieuxs first game? Didn?t look too good.

Also thought Trouba had a much better game this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They looked good. The PK was good the first two kills, I like how aggressive they were, that 3rd PK though they backed off a little bit. I’m not sold on Howden on the second line though, wouldn’t mind seeing how Strome is there. I really liked Fox and Staal together, thought they were good. I even felt like Smith looked good again. Lemieux’s white stick annoyed me all game, it didn’t look like he had a stick half the time.

They looked good. The PK was good the first two kills, I like how aggressive they were, that 3rd PK though they backed off a little bit. I’m not sold on Howden on the second line though, wouldn’t mind seeing how Strome is there. I really liked Fox and Staal together, thought they were good. I even felt like Smith looked good again. Lemieux’s white stick annoyed me all game, it didn’t look like he had a stick half the time.

Agreed. If Kakko and Kravstov are your wingers, you need someone with the skills to get them the puck. So far, Strome has looked the part playing with lesser players.

It didn't result in a boat load of goals, but it was very evident that this team can do things that the Rangers could not remotely do the past two seasons.

King rarely looks as good as he did tonight in a preseason game...

They also still have a mosh mosh of guys playing in the bottom 6.

Agreed. If Kakko and Kravstov are your wingers, you need someone with the skills to get them the puck. So far, Strome has looked the part playing with lesser players.

Don’t forget CK will play in Kravstovs spot. I would t mind seeing a third line of Kravstov-Lias-Chytil though.

My god what a difference. Thank you for tonight. I know it’s preseason and grain of salt but still. It was far more of a complete game. Now a hopefully they carry some momentum to the regular season and start winning a few games a bit more easily. I really want this year to be a giant leap forward. Not saying contenders, but establish an identity and make us hard to play against competing for the playoffs.
  • Like 1

My god what a difference. Thank you for tonight. I know it’s preseason and grain of salt but still. It was far more of a complete game. Now a hopefully they carry some momentum to the regular season and start winning a few games a bit more easily. I really want this year to be a giant leap forward. Not saying contenders, but establish an identity and make us hard to play against competing for the playoffs.

Even with a whole line out of the lineup. This team is 10x more skilled than last years team. And thank god (Gorton) for that.

Kneejerk reactions:

- The 1st line is on a different level to anything the Rangers have had in years. The puck retention and creativity in the o-zone looks great. Panarin might be overpaid, but he makes a huge difference.

- Absolutely pissing myself laughing about Carps idea that Kravtsov starts in the A He may still be right

- Lias looks much improved and far more prepared for life in the NHL

- Fox looks fucking legit

- Trouba still has work to do

- Staal/Smith :palm:

The Rangers actually looked good yesterday. I went to the game and what I loved most about going is the ability to see what goes on behind the play.

Smith broke his butt yesterday, looked solid in his position and didn't take any stupid penalties. He clearly believes he deserves to be in the roster for the season and I am starting to think he is right. I was very impressed by his solid defense yesterday.

Also, Henrik looked amazing, like he was ready to rebound. I'd say with a reduction in games played he could have a great year. We are solid in net for years to come with the goalies in our pipeline.

I know it's just one game, but makes it exciting to be a Rangers fan again with all we have to look forward to.

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

Kneejerk reactions:

- The 1st line is on a different level to anything the Rangers have had in years. The puck retention and creativity in the o-zone looks great. Panarin might be overpaid, but he makes a huge difference.

- Absolutely pissing myself laughing about Carps idea that Kravtsov starts in the A He may still be right

- Lias looks much improved and far more prepared for life in the NHL

- Fox looks fucking legit

- Trouba still has work to do

- Staal/Smith :palm:

I thought he looked solid. Maybe a couple of not ideal shots on the PP but I thought pretty good overall. What were you seeing that makes you think otherwise? I'd take that performance pretty much every game from him.

I thought he looked solid. Maybe a couple of not ideal shots on the PP but I thought pretty good overall. What were you seeing that makes you think otherwise? I'd take that performance pretty much every game from him.

He looked solid enough. It was an ok to good performance. He still has work to do to in terms of reaching the level of performance required to be a bonafide #1 defenseman.

He looked solid enough. It was an ok to good performance. He still has work to do to in terms of reaching the level of performance required to be a bonafide #1 defenseman.

I got ya...and agreed...he didn't look like like Chris Pronger but I'll take what he and Skjei did last night every night this season.

Its only preseason but I am doing a 180 on Lias. His game is looking good and he's playing mean out there. We can definitely use more edge on this team besides Lemieux and Kreider.

Don't do a 180. Don't do anything.

He is 20 years old, we don't know what he is lol.

What was fun last night was that there was a player or players on each line that I was interested in watching. It's early but I don't have anyone that I absolutely hate (now that Hayes is gone).

Obviously I want Krav and Kakko to do well but I found myself being less concerned with their individual play as the game went on. I think this team can be pretty damn good if they can sure up their overall team defense.

I was unable to watch this game. I have NHLTV and to get around the blackouts I purchased YonderTV which is supposed to be a DNS service that gets you around blackouts. they literally advertise that this will work on NHLTV but it didn't for me. Im fucked. I'm still not buying cable

Don't fuck around with that shit. Every game is on Reddit.