• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Al Trautwig Takes Abrupt Leave of Absence from MSG

Phil

Al Trautwig is taking a personal leave of absence from MSG Networks, The Post has learned.

Trautwig, 63, is expected to return to his Knicks and Rangers hosting duties at some point during the regular season, though an exact date is undetermined. It is unknown what issue Trautwig is dealing with at this time.

MSG Network confirmed the leave, but did not specify the reason.

?I?m going to be taking some personal time off, and look forward to returning to what I love most ? bringing NY fans the coverage they crave on MSG Networks,? Trautwig said in a statement.

Last Wednesday, Trautwig did not look well during his time on air. It was noticed by viewers and the network?s personnel. MSG executives huddled with Trautwig to determine the best course of action.

While the Rangers do have exhibition games this week, there are no pre- and post-game shows. John Giannone will handle the intermission duties.

It is undetermined how MSG Network will fill Trautwig?s role during the regular season, but Bill Pidto ? who already does Knicks and Rangers ? figures to be even more in the mix.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/23/al-trautwig-takes-abrupt-leave-of-absence-from-msg/

Does anyone have video or even a photo or two from the game? I never saw it live. I'm curious to see just how bad he actually looked.

Phil, he seemed very shaky, and even his teeth looked bad. His speech was a little fucked up too. Anyone that's seen Al over the years as much as we have, caught on pretty much right away that something is up health wise with him. I hope everything is ok with the guy...I always got a kick out of Al, and he was always a cool dude to see around MSG.

Does anyone have video or even a photo or two from the game? I never saw it live. I'm curious to see just how bad he actually looked.

He honestly looks like a senile grandpa. He had brown teeth, was very shaky and looked like a lost senior citizen. He looks like he aged by 10 years.

If you want to see a little of it, if you have Center Ice, watch the replay of last Wednesday?s Devils game and FF to the end of the 1st period where he updates them on what?s coming up. It really does look like he either had a small stroke or was just drunk. Not good.

I hope he gets well soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk