• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers at Flyers Preseason Game #3 ? 9/21/19 ? 7pm, MSG, NHLN

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quinn needs to take note PP puck movement. Panerin and Zib will help but they won’t be the savior. The defense again is shit and too many odd man rushes already

Blew that by Shesty, he needs to be humbled a little and go to Hartford. Welcome to the NHL

Shesterkin has been under fire all game long. He's only human. Hank's probably thinking "I'd have a 1.X GAA in the KHL too kid. Welcome to the Rangers, where we don't know how to defend the net".

Shesterkin has been under fire all game long. He's only human. Hank's probably thinking "I'd have a 1.X GAA in the KHL too kid. Welcome to the Rangers, where we don't know how to defend the net".

Exactly nothing against the kid but the NHL will humble you as opposed to the KHL. He needs a minimum full season in Hartford. Quinn or Ruffs defense sucks, not sure why Ruff is still here just same crap as last year.

I like Skjei, he's got the physical skills he just needs to make better decisions.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

At a loss how Skjei and Smith were a great pair last time NYR made the playoffs and then both kinda fell off the table. Know Smith fresh with a big ass contract began a deep love affair with beer and couches. Skjei, no idea what the ___ happened. Hoping being paired his buddy Trouba like Leo and Brad in "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" works.

Dude, the anti Quinn campaign really has to stop.

At least until the year 3.

Recall Gorton circled back to Quinn after Quinn turned the job down at first. He's going nowhere for a while. Nor should he; let's see what he can really do with some talent.

The Devs as the home team last night and Flyers tonight (with a coach that has a bit of a chip on his shoulder over the NYR) treated these games a bit more seriously than Quinn did. Not saying Quinn didn't care about winning but we have not seen the top 3 lines/pairs. he's trying to figure out who belongs here at the back end and who's going to Hartford to possibly be called up if and when injuries happen .

Only thing that's a bit worrying is Lundqvist, small sample it might be, looks ragged. They're stuck with his contract, but...

Blame him, not me.
Yes I'll blame him for holding players accountable for the first time in five years.

I'll blame you for making shit up like "they're playing not to upset him".

Where do you get this stuff? It's the third preseason game and a half the lineup there is going to be in the ECHL.

Yes I'll blame him for holding players accountable for the first time in five years.

I'll blame you for making shit up like "they're playing not to upset him".

Where do you get this stuff? It's the third preseason game and a half the lineup there is going to be in the ECHL.

From watching the games

From watching the games

You're not making any sense, but I'll entertain it.

1. I'd never blame a player for playing the way the coach wants them to play.

2. 2/3 of last night's team will be in the A or ECHL next week.

Still no basis for the Quinn hate. It's only been one season, and one with a shit roster. I'm not understanding the point.

Guys don’t stand out in these situations when they are trying to play to a person instead of playing their game.

And I’ll criticize my mom for shit, doesn’t mean I hate her. He’s still learning, too, but I don’t want him to neuter kids.

It?s the second game, I?ll be a little more worried if puck possession, physicality, compete level, and group defence doesn?t pick up after another couple of games. 1/2 to 2/3rds of these guys are on a bus to Hartford anytime soon.

I think young Robertson was on the bus to Hartford by the middle of the 2nd period, after which there was no sign of him. His response to any kind of pressure was to fall down.

The Rangers don't have anyone out there tonight that can drive a line. If I'm Quinn, I'm breaking up Panarin and Zibanejad at the start at least.

Kreider - Zibanejad - Buchnevich/Kakko

Panarin - Chytil - Kakko/Buchnevich

There are clearly still big defensive issues, but we lost this one in the neutral zone. NYR cleared the D zone okay (until they fell apart in the 3rd) but just got stiffed again and again in the middle of the ice.

Would like to see some serious cuts today.

Need to start shaping the structure it seems to me, or we'll be 0-4-2 out of the gate.

Haven't seem much improvement from Quinn in our own end and that's not necessarily a personell issue, it's as much structure IMO. Not concerned yet, but might be by US Thanksgiving if they can't start limiting chances.

Would like to see some serious cuts today.

Need to start shaping the structure it seems to me, or we'll be 0-4-2 out of the gate.

Haven't seem much improvement from Quinn in our own end and that's not necessarily a personell issue, it's as much structure IMO. Not concerned yet, but might be by US Thanksgiving if they can't start limiting chances.

Pretty much agree, one hundo p.