Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rangers at Flyers Preseason Game #3 • 9/21/19 • 7pm, MSG, NHLN

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    Holy crap. Chytil was 3 for 15 on faceoffs. I know people play down the significance of FOs, but posession is supposed to have value and to relinquish it in 80% of the opportunities is not good.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Huh?
    +1 lol

I'm not sure how anyone can possible deduce this.

Senior Member Midget Division
    I think perhaps what Josh means is that young players will generally do what they're told instead of improvising when the opportunity presents itself. Not necessarily a correct example, but let's say the coach is saying they gotta get the puck in deep. Young players may be chipping the puck deep even in situations where they would naturally be carrying the puck in and making plays happen with their talent, in fear of being put on the coach's shitlist if it doesn't work out. I'm not saying this is what's happening, but I could see young players so focused on following "rules" per say that they lose their ability to adapt and be creative in certain situations as they present themselves.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Yeah, pretty much. Thanks. Didn’t think it was a hard thing to notice or understand, with the exception of Statler and Waldorf over here
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I think perhaps what Josh means is that young players will generally do what they're told instead of improvising when the opportunity presents itself. Not necessarily a correct example, but let's say the coach is saying they gotta get the puck in deep. Young players may be chipping the puck deep even in situations where they would naturally be carrying the puck in and making plays happen with their talent, in fear of being put on the coach's shitlist if it doesn't work out. I'm not saying this is what's happening, but I could see young players so focused on following "rules" per say that they lose their ability to adapt and be creative in certain situations as they present themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. Thanks. Didn’t think it was a hard thing to notice or understand, with the exception of Statler and Waldorf over here
    It's not hard to understand.

It's just impossible to prove that this is actually happening from TV. Especially since I doubt anyone here has watched the youngsters in that lineup enough to know "their game". Then to take it further as a "locker room issue" is laughable.

Also, let's not kid ourselves here that NHL level coaches make blanket statements like "get it deep".

It's all situational. Pucks need to get deep when there isn't a play at the other teams blue line. Don't force it. Whatever. There's a reason there's an iPad behind the bench and players are coached in real time.

This isn't pee wee hockey in Rochester.
    Last edited by Pete; 09-22-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

It's just impossible to prove that this is actually happening from TV. Especially since I doubt anyone here has watched the youngsters in that lineup enough to know "their game". Then to take it further as a "locker room issue" is laughable.

Also, let's not kid ourselves here that NHL level coaches make blanket statements like "get it deep".

It's all situational. Pucks need to get deep when there isn't a play at the other teams blue line. Don't force it. Whatever. There's a reason there's an iPad behind the bench and players are coached in real time.

All of this
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    go figure guys that want to prove themselves have to impress their bosses all while fitting into their bosses system. What kind of messed up world are we living in? The injustice is horrifying?

#trolling
    Last edited by jsrangers; 09-22-2019 at 06:11 PM.

Senior Member Midget Division

Agree for the most part that we can't know based on tv. It's just speculation. But that doesn't disprove his theory either.

I liked the way he played. The two deflections weren't his fault.

He looked confident.

NYCKrash

Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    go figure guys that want to prove themselves have to impress their bosses all while fitting into their bosses system. What kind of messed up world are we living in? The injustice is horrifying?

#trolling
    Well I’m sorry you don’t understand, but there are a handful of guys trying to reinvent themselves in 1 week, and they look terrible doing it.

If that’s a system, then it’s too rigid. You need to allow players to play to their strengths. Wth this creative and skilled group, we can’t afford to see every player get Namestnikoved and forced to play a new style. It wasn’t good for the team, it wasn’t good for the player. You have to allow and Encourage players to do what their good at. Too many of these guys are abandoning what got them here.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Well I’m sorry you don’t understand, but there are a handful of guys trying to reinvent themselves in 1 week, and they look terrible doing it.

If that’s a system, then it’s too rigid. You need to allow players to play to their strengths. Wth this creative and skilled group, we can’t afford to see every player get Namestnikoved and forced to play a new style. It wasn’t good for the team, it wasn’t good for the player. You have to allow and Encourage players to do what their good at. Too many of these guys are abandoning what got them here.
    so the coach and current system need to go so guys can play to their strengths?

maybe guys like Nameswhatever just aren't that good? and/or we're expecting way too much from a lot of these guys that just aren't good enough at this point.

I’m familiar with everyone from last night, other than Jones and Robertson.

And one of the things I can spot pretty easily is when a guy is over thinking. I played that way growing up, so many all the tapes made it easier to spot (?)

Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    so the coach and current system need to go so guys can play to their strengths?

maybe guys like Nameswhatever just aren't that good? and/or we're expecting way too much from a lot of these guys that just aren't good enough at this point.

The defensive system and coach can go.

I like Quinn, I like a lot of what evdemands from players. I just think he needs to allow players to play to their strengths.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I’m familiar with everyone from last night, other than Jones and Robertson.

And one of the things I can spot pretty easily is when a guy is over thinking. I played that way growing up, so many all the tapes made it easier to spot (?)
    Look I have a lot of respect for your point of view. I just don't agree with killing the coach this early.

Not killing, it’s a flaw.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    The only flaw I see is there's no discernable system or identity for this team... So I'm not really sure how anyone can say they're being overcoached.

The team is so new and evolving that they will find their own identity. The first PSG looked great with the crisp passing, 2nd and 3rd looked lost.

They need to start to form chemistry and feed of each other.

With only 3 games from 10/3 to 10/15 they need to use this time wisely.

- NYCKrash....LGR!!

The only flaw I see is there's no discernable system or identity for this team... So I'm not really sure how anyone can say they're being overcoached.
    Well, good news. Quinn sees something, and is unhappy with it.
    Tweets today indicating that he was yelling at the guys during todays first practice session, lets hope its worked out the next few games.

https://twitter.com/MSGNetworks/stat...52492612603905

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    The defensive system and coach can go.

I like Quinn, I like a lot of what evdemands from players. I just think he needs to allow players to play to their strengths.
    Quinn pretty much made your point at about 3:20. today.https://mobile.twitter.com/NYRangers...31796075368451

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    That's not what I heard at all. What I heard is Quinn saying that people aren't buying into his system... People trying to do too much on their own...

that's actually the opposite of what I thought Josh was saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    Quinn pretty much made your point at about 3:20. today.https://mobile.twitter.com/NYRangers...31796075368451

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast