• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers at Flyers Preseason Game #3 ? 9/21/19 ? 7pm, MSG, NHLN

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it’s pre season but Quinn still has not fixed the D and they can’t clear out Hayes on that 2nd goal it will be another long season. 3 pre season games, 10 goals giving up and counting. Pre season or last season always playing from behind

That was the BIGGEST thing he was supposed to "fix" after moving on from AV. It hasnt happened yet. Whether its Quinn or Ruff, its needs to get going in the right direction this season.

I'd hate to see the numerous kids we have coming through the system on the backend be subject to the same shitshow we've complained about for years. its not productive.

very early obviously but if Skjei and Trouba don't step up this year we could be looking at a real shit show. I have little faith in Skjei I think he cashed in on a half of a good season. Jury is out on Trouba for me but I don't think he a bonafide can't miss star. Hopefully I'm wrong on both.

very early obviously but if Skjei and Trouba don't step up this year we could be looking at a real shit show. I have little faith in Skjei I think he cashed in on a half of a good season. Jury is out on Trouba for me but I don't think he a bonafide can't miss star. Hopefully I'm wrong on both.
Don't worry, they won't be a pair by Thanksgiving.

Don't worry, they won't be a pair by Thanksgiving.

They shouldnt be. I'd rather see Skjei watching, and emulating what we expect* to see from Trouba.

As I've been pressing all summer, I'd love to see DeAngelo-Trouba as a top pair.

The Rangers don't have anyone out there tonight that can drive a line. If I'm Quinn, I'm breaking up Panarin and Zibanejad at the start at least.

Kreider - Zibanejad - Buchnevich/Kakko

Panarin - Chytil - Kakko/Buchnevich

Yup.

I've been an advocate for

Kreider - Zib - Buch (last season)

Panarin - Chytil - Kravtsov (Russians, young guys, Panarin can carry the line)

Strome/Andersson/Kakko (Depth scoring, good mix of skill and annoyance)

Lemieux - Howden - Fast/Boo (havoc line)

Yup.

I've been an advocate for

Kreider - Zib - Buch (last season)

Panarin - Chytil - Kravtsov (Russians, young guys, Panarin can carry the line)

Strome/Andersson/Kakko (Depth scoring, good mix of skill and annoyance)

Lemieux - Howden - Fast/Boo (havoc line)

I wanted to see Panarin and Zib together, but I've changed my mind now after a few pre-season games and seeing the team shake out. Perhaps as some of these young guys get games underneath them, you can stack that top line and get more consistency from the others.

If Kakko starts on the 3rd line, I don't think it'd be long before he's 1st or 2nd line.

I wanted to see Panarin and Zib together, but I've changed my mind now after a few pre-season games and seeing the team shake out. Perhaps as some of these young guys get games underneath them, you can stack that top line and get more consistency from the others.

If Kakko starts on the 3rd line, I don't think it'd be long before he's 1st or 2nd line.

Sorry, should have mentioned - this is going for depth. I think you have 4 lines you can easily roll. Plus, with Kakko being so young, he doesnt need 24 minutes a night.

Long season, dont need to kill everyone in the first 2 months.