Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WSJ: Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine President to Investigate Bidenís Son

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    do you see any democrats supporting any republicans on any issue?
    No. Why should they? They're working for different people.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    do you see any democrats supporting any republicans on any issue?
    Like this, or this or the agreements to reopen the government after shutdowns?

If you want to know why more isn't being done despite the Dems passing a slew of bills, talk to "The Grim Reaper," who has made it his strategic mandate to thwart any and all Democratically-lead proposals in spite of their best efforts.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    No. Why should they? They're working for different people.
    so that answers your question. bottom line is that everyone is sticking with their own, no matter who or what

so that answers your question. bottom line is that everyone is sticking with their own, no matter who or what
    Except they're actually not. Feelings aren't facts. It is impossible to make bipartisan progress when the Senate Majority Leader freely admits he will do everything in his power not to pass a single bill if it comes from a Democrat.

This is, again, not a "both sides" issue.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Like this, or this or the agreements to reopen the government after shutdowns?

If you want to know why more isn't being done despite the Dems passing a slew of bills, talk to "The Grim Reaper," who has made it his strategic mandate to thwart any and all Democratically-lead proposals in spite of their best efforts.
    not sure why you posting links to irrelevant topics. this is not what we're talking about

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Except they're actually not. Feelings aren't facts. It is impossible to make bipartisan progress when the Senate Majority Leader freely admits he will do everything in his power not to pass a single bill if it comes from a Democrat.

This is, again, not a "both sides" issue.
    Bingo.

not sure why you posting links to irrelevant topics. this is not what we're talking about
    You are, by my estimation, angling at a "both sides" argument that seeks to paint both parties as equally unwilling to work with the other — an argument that, as I just showed, is factually inaccurate. One side — the GOP — are proudly more unwilling. And have been for years.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    The Civil War wasn't about slavery, it was about State's rights
    It was never about slavery until the North was getting spanked all over the map by shoeless farmers. They had zero containment in the Eastern theater and Washington was in constant danger of being overrun due to their own complete ineptitude, and inability to contain the multiple military geniuses they faced at once.

Then it became about slavery, if only to keep Europe out of the conflict, which was successful, but also as a fabricated rallying cry to keep the North populace in the fight.

Lincoln's views on blacks were every bit as abhorrent as anyone in the south, and almost certainly more so than Lee himself.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    It was never about slavery until the North was getting spanked all over the map by shoeless farmers. They had zero containment in the Eastern theater and Washington was in constant danger of being overrun due to their own complete ineptitude, and inability to contain the multiple military geniuses they faced at once.

Then it became about slavery, if only to keep Europe out of the conflict, which was successful, but also as a fabricated rallying cry to keep the North populace in the fight.

Lincoln's views on blacks were every bit as abhorrent as anyone in the south, and almost certainly more so than Lee himself.
    So we're going to ignore literally 80 years of evidence to the contrary and point to "the Union was losing" to justify a completely inaccurate historical stance? Followed by a "well Lincoln was more racist than Lee" assertion?

Give me a fucking break. We cannot possibly be this ignorant of American history or this warped by our current partisan bickering.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    So we're going to ignore literally 80 years of evidence to the contrary and point to "the Union was losing" to justify a completely inaccurate historical stance? Followed by a "well Lincoln was more racist than Lee" assertion?

Give me a fucking break. We cannot possibly be this ignorant of American history or this warped by our current partisan bickering.
    Sorry, I should clarify and then bow out, it may have been about slavery for the South, to some degree, but it certainly was not about slavery to the North, for reasons I explained above.

Take it to another thread, guys.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Then help me, because right now your entire argument is "you're biased and cherrypicking" and I'm giving you near-verbatim quotes out of the GOP Leaders mouth. So you'll have to excuse me if I'm confused, because I'm coming with evidence of one side overtly engaging in a strategy and to my wit the Dem strategy has apparently been "well fuck it we can't stop it", so if you could do me a solid and clarify how I'm biased and cherrypicking, I'd appreciate it. I generally consider firsthand sources like "things leaders say" to be pretty good sources of fact to act on.
    Example: Talking about McConnell willingly blocking bills (fact), while pretending this wasn't an issue with Harry Reid before him, is dishonest. It approaches purposeful ignorance when things like this are used to color in the red in a picture and leave out the blue, then claim it's just one side.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Example: Talking about McConnell willingly blocking bills (fact), while pretending this wasn't an issue with Harry Reid before him, is dishonest. It approaches purposeful ignorance when things like this are used to color in the red in a picture and leave out the blue, then claim it's just one side.
    That's fair, though it was never the stated aim of the party to be deliberately obstructionist.

It'd also be fair to make note that a good deal of Harry Reid's perception of obstruction was fed by an unheard of procedural rule enforced in the Reid Senate where debate of a bill ended with a 60 senator vote instead of a simple up-or-down vote as was tradition.

The rulemaker? Mitch. McConnell.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345