Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 93

Thread: WSJ: Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine President to Investigate Bidenís Son

  1. #1
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    87,898
    Rep Power
    485

    WSJ: Trump Repeatedly Pressed Ukraine President to Investigate Bidenís Son

    President Trump in a July phone call repeatedly pressured the president of Ukraine to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden ís son, urging Volodymyr Zelensky about eight times to work with Rudy Giuliani, his personal lawyer, on a probe, according to people familiar with the matter.

    ďHe told him that he should work with [Mr. Giuliani] on Biden, and that people in Washington wanted to knowĒ whether allegations were true or not, one of the people said. Mr. Trump didnít mention a provision of foreign aid to Ukraine on the call, said this person, who didnít believe Mr. Trump offered the Ukrainian president any quid-pro-quo for his cooperation on an investigation.
    Mr. Giuliani in June and August met with top Ukrainian officials about the prospect of an investigation, he said in an interview. The Trump lawyer has suggested Mr. Biden as vice president worked to shield from investigation a Ukrainian gas company with ties to his son, Hunter Biden. A Ukrainian official earlier this year said he had no evidence of wrongdoing by Mr. Biden or his son.

    After the July call between the two presidents, the Ukrainian government said Mr. Trump had congratulated the new president on his election and expressed hope that his government would push ahead with investigations and corruption probes that had stymied relations between the two countries.

    The White House declined to comment.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-d...d=hp_lead_pos1
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #2
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,043
    Rep Power
    362
    Yeah that Burisma shit def smells
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  3. #3
    day-to-day Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    4,965
    Rep Power
    103
    "I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Trump remarked at a campaign stop at Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa. "It's, like, incredible."

    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ose-any-voters
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  4. #4
    Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    766
    Rep Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Yeah that Burisma shit def smells
    And that would appropriately drive our foreign aid to Ukraine because ...?

  5. #5
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,422
    Rep Power
    332
    Don't you just hate when your Dad makes demands about withholding ten-figures worth of aid until the guy investigating the company you're a director at is sacked?

    So embarrassing!

    Especially when it happens right after he sponsored a full blown coup to remove a democratically elected government, which triggers a decade long Civil War.

    Gawd!

  6. #6
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,681
    Rep Power
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Don't you just hate when your Dad makes demands about withholding ten-figures worth of aid until the guy investigating the company you're a director at is sacked?

    So embarrassing!

    Especially when it happens right after he sponsored a full blown coup to remove a democratically elected government, which triggers a decade long Civil War.

    Gawd!
    I hate it more when there's accusations without proof.

  7. #7
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,043
    Rep Power
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I hate it more when there's accusations without proof.
    when in Rome...
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  8. #8
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,043
    Rep Power
    362
    And it’s almost as if an investigation would determine proof.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  9. #9
    Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    766
    Rep Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Don't you just hate when your Dad makes demands about withholding ten-figures worth of aid until the guy investigating the company you're a director at is sacked?

    So embarrassing!

    Especially when it happens right after he sponsored a full blown coup to remove a democratically elected government, which triggers a decade long Civil War.

    Gawd!
    Don't you just hate it when opposition research for a political campaign is done through extortion of another nation in the name of the US government?

  10. #10
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,422
    Rep Power
    332
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-mil...xy-war/5644365

    Proof lol. Trumps biggest problem is that he's such a moron and narcissist that he can't shut up about this shit.

    The Obama admin led the charge to topple their government, that's simply a matter of fact. They, and everybody else before Trump, we're just better at keeping their mouths shut, and weren't subject to the type of scrutiny Trump is.

  11. #11
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,422
    Rep Power
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    Don't you just hate it when opposition research for a political campaign is done through extortion of another nation in the name of the US government?
    The United States of America would never Never exert pressure on foreign governments to dictate foreign policy.

    Never!

    Just, forget about the millions dead in the name of US Imperialism. Never happened!

  12. #12
    Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    766
    Rep Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    The United States of America would never Never exert pressure on foreign governments to dictate foreign policy.

    Never!

    Just, forget about the millions dead in the name of US Imperialism. Never happened!
    Thanks for the non-sequiturs. You're either missing or ignoring the point that this whole thing is campaign-based. Can we just get it out of the way and agree that Trump would never, ever, EVER bother with this if Biden wasn't a potential opponent he's afraid of?

  13. #13
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,422
    Rep Power
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    Thanks for the non-sequiturs. You're either missing or ignoring the point that this whole thing is campaign-based. Can we just get it out of the way and agree that Trump would never, ever, EVER bother with this if Biden wasn't a potential opponent he's afraid of?
    Are they, like, compiling a dossier of embarrassing annectdotes on Biden or something like that?

    Hardly original, if true, I'd say. Seems vaguely familiar, actually.

  14. #14
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    14,422
    Rep Power
    332
    It quite amusing, actually, that countless toppled foreign governments in your countries wake don't strike a chord, but a few Facebook ads in a amateurish attempt at turn-about-is-fair-play and it's treated as the scandal of a lifetime.

  15. #15
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,681
    Rep Power
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-mil...xy-war/5644365

    Proof lol. Trumps biggest problem is that he's such a moron and narcissist that he can't shut up about this shit.

    The Obama admin led the charge to topple their government, that's simply a matter of fact. They, and everybody else before Trump, we're just better at keeping their mouths shut, and weren't subject to the type of scrutiny Trump is.
    Oh, man... That's not proof, dude. if that's what passes for proof with you, I'm not sure how you can't get behind Trump being a criminal...

  16. #16
    Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    766
    Rep Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/us-mil...xy-war/5644365

    Proof lol. Trumps biggest problem is that he's such a moron and narcissist that he can't shut up about this shit.

    The Obama admin led the charge to topple their government, that's simply a matter of fact. They, and everybody else before Trump, we're just better at keeping their mouths shut, and weren't subject to the type of scrutiny Trump is.
    Do you have any proof of the non lol variety?

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  17. #17
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    78,681
    Rep Power
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Are they, like, compiling a dossier of embarrassing annectdotes on Biden or something like that?

    Hardly original, if true, I'd say. Seems vaguely familiar, actually.
    It is familiar. Conspire with a foreign country to attempt to secure "dirt" on a political opponent and influence an election...

  18. #18
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17,531
    Rep Power
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    It quite amusing, actually, that countless toppled foreign governments in your countries wake don't strike a chord, but a few Facebook ads in a amateurish attempt at turn-about-is-fair-play and it's treated as the scandal of a lifetime.
    We're not blind to that past, but there's quite a few Americans who both get that and don't like that we've conducted business that way in the past (and probably continue to do so).

    And yes, this is a pretty big scandal. Our Great Pumpkin has literally decided to withhold federal aid in exchange for damaging information on one of his opponents sons. This is not analogous to the old Cold War ways - this is openly asking a foreign power to help Trump dig up dirt on a political opponent in exchange for taxpayer dollars. It's a rote abuse of power.

    I hate the analogue because we shouldn't need a two-sided "my team versus your team" argument to decide that abuses of power are wrong, but if Barack Obama told Russia that we'd buy Russian oil if they were able to produce documentation of Jared Kushner committing a crime, Fox News would literally need a second channel to keep broadcasting the level of outrage at executive power abuse.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  19. #19
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    87,898
    Rep Power
    485
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    We're not blind to that past, but there's quite a few Americans who both get that and don't like that we've conducted business that way in the past (and probably continue to do so).

    And yes, this is a pretty big scandal. Our Great Pumpkin has literally decided to withhold federal aid in exchange for damaging information on one of his opponents sons. This is not analogous to the old Cold War ways - this is openly asking a foreign power to help Trump dig up dirt on a political opponent in exchange for taxpayer dollars. It's a rote abuse of power.

    I hate the analogue because we shouldn't need a two-sided "my team versus your team" argument to decide that abuses of power are wrong, but if Barack Obama told Russia that we'd buy Russian oil if they were able to produce documentation of Jared Kushner committing a crime, Fox News would literally need a second channel to keep broadcasting the level of outrage at executive power abuse.
    I don't think it's at all hyperbolic to suggest it would be beyond simply outrage television — he'd be in the midst of impeachment that Mitch McConnel's Senate would be salivating over the opportunity to try before the American people.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  20. #20
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17,531
    Rep Power
    189
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I don't think it's at all hyperbolic to suggest it would be beyond simply outrage television — he'd be in the midst of impeachment that Mitch McConnel's Senate would be salivating over the opportunity to try before the American people.
    Completely agreed. The GOP would be on this like dogs on steak.

    The Democrats are craven, spineless fools if they don't move to actually do something here. What, do you need him passing a stack of hundreds into Putin's hands whilst taking a piss on the Liberty Bell to bother to do the right thing?
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •