• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign Tony DeAngelo to 1-Year/$925K Extension

Phil

We'll never really know, now, or maybe we will.

I'm not very high on their immediate D youth. I don't rate Rykov, Lindgren or Hajek very high at this point and neither do most scouting services.

Fox is a wildcard for me, though he could certainly out produce Deangelo out of the chute, I imagine more of a Ryan Ellis trajectory for him.

Sjkei has a lot to prove, Staal isn't really worth mentioning and neither is Smith.

Deangelo could be #2 or #7, hard to say.

I think Fox to me has the best chance of becoming a #1... he seems to be good at both the big things and the little things. I know the sample size is diminutive, but he's impressed every step of the way thus far

It doesn't sound like a good idea on paper, but if he ever gets paired with ADA and they have chemistry together that could be bad news for the other team. At least when they're not at the end of the ice inhabited by our goalie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Fox to me has the best chance of becoming a #1... he seems to be good at both the big things and the little things. I know the sample size is diminutive, but he's impressed every step of the way thus far

It doesn't sound like a good idea on paper, but if he ever gets paired with ADA and they have chemistry together that could be bad news for the other team. At least when they're not at the end of the ice inhabited by our goalie

I think he's going to be a real asset to the team but I don't think he's ever going to be strong enough defensively to be considered a true #1 d-man. I see him being a 2nd pair even-strength, top pair PP guy that will get a bunch of points.

Better or worse than Del Zotto?

I think he will be better. MDZ was really young when he first came up and I think a lot of his issues were immaturity related. Fox is older and more experienced than MDZ was at this stage in his career and from everything I've heard, seems very mature.