• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dan Girardi Announces Retirement

Phil

absolute fuckin warrior. what a career.

I forget which episode of SPittin Chiclets it was, but Whitney was telling a story about how Girardi almost quit hockey when he was in the ECHL but his dad convinced him to just finish out the season and think about it then. He wound up getting up to the AHL by the end of that year and eventually made his way to NY, and signed himself a pretty ticket along the way.

I consider G a Rangers legend. maybe not 'retire his number' status but a legend nonetheless

• Like 1

absolute fuckin warrior. what a career.

I forget which episode of SPittin Chiclets it was, but Whitney was telling a story about how Girardi almost quit hockey when he was in the ECHL but his dad convinced him to just finish out the season and think about it then. He wound up getting up to the AHL by the end of that year and eventually made his way to NY, and signed himself a pretty ticket along the way.

I consider G a Rangers legend. maybe not 'retire his number' status but a legend nonetheless

Couldnt hack it in the ECHL for 7 games? LOL! He played 7 games in the ECHL then played 66 games that season for the Wolfpack

Couldnt hack it in the ECHL for 7 games? LOL! He played 7 games in the ECHL then played 66 games that season for the Wolfpack
i might be getting the facts wrong but they did tell a story about him being in the coast and thinking he was going to just call it a career and get a real job
It was because he wound up in the ECHL and not the A, IIRC.