• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

OTT Re-Sign Thomas Chabot to 8-Year/$64M Extension; $8M AAV

Phil

He's thinking 64 million dollars is more cash than he'll need in his lifetime, and it's not worth the risk of a debilitating injury to maybe earn an extra 10-20 million dollars of cash over that span.
Yea, I'm sure pro athletes don't think about little things like... Winning.

Yea, I'm sure pro athletes don't think about little things like... Winning.

Not like he was going anywhere for at least 3-4 years, unless he was willing to sit or hold out to try and force a trade. Not all players want the Kevin Durant path to winning. Some actually want to grow with the team that drafted them, helping them get competitive over time.

Not like he was going anywhere for at least 3-4 years, unless he was willing to sit or hold out to try and force a trade. Not all players want the Kevin Durant path to winning. Some actually want to grow with the team that drafted them, helping them get competitive over time.
I think you're underestimating the entire shit show Ottawa is, right down to the deadbeat owner.

If I were Chabot, I'd be concerned with the ability of that check to clear.

Also, a team in that position might not even be mildly competitive by the time that deal is up.