• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers/Devils Preseason Game #1 • 9/18/19 • 7pm, MSG

Phil

Kind of sloppy nonphyscial crap by NYR D that was a problem the last few seasons.

I was just going to post about the team in general. So far through 25 minutes of play, and outside of the 2 fights (one of them was not even a fight) the NYR still don?t show me much of a physical identity.

If we can become a high scoring team, ok I can live with that. But we know that doesn?t last. Quinn wants us to be ?difficult to play against.? Is this, that?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo. It?s 2 periods into the first preseason game and people are making sweeping judgements. C?mon now.

Listen. I?m not killing anyone. Quinn has made it a point to talk about physicality. You?d think it would be apparent tonight. Guys wanting to make an impression and all that. I?m on board with letting this all shake out and let?s see what we are 20 games in but I?m just pointing out that what I thought might be an obvious change doesn?t appear to be all that obvious.

In today’s nhl what does it even mean to be tough to play against? Hits are as rare as a fight as one usually leads to the other.

Impossible to knock off the puck. Relentless on the forecheck. Winning space in front of the net. Think like, Crosby or Mackinnon. That's the new physical in the NHL.

Being physical and punching guys in the face are mutually exclusive now. It's why we're all throwing our hands up in the air at how Micheal Haley is here.