• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers/Devils Preseason Game #1 • 9/18/19 • 7pm, MSG

Phil

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good game! Lots of battle in this squad!

My only concerns are Panarin, Kakko and if they're ok....the rest is preseason screw ups that are going to happen, but the game was pretty good!!

Al Trautwig looks like he's ready to keel the fuck over mid sentence....What the hell happened to him???? I gotta give Kenny D. credit though; for a Devils announcer, he really is very astute and a fun listen!

I liked that this team shoots the puck...A LOT! I hope they stay with that premise!

Here's the update on Panarin:

Artemi Panarin exited Wednesday's 4-3 loss to the New Jersey Devils with an apparent mild groin strain.

New York’s prized free agent signing left the contest with what’s being described as a "mild groin strain" after scoring on the powerplay in the second period. Panarin didn’t see the ice for the final 6:16 of the second and was held out entirely in the third, but Rangers coach David Quinn didn’t sound concerned after the game. "More precautionary than anything," Quinn said. "He should be fine."

Source: Rangers.NHL.com

Sep 19, 2019, 12:39 AM ET

Nothing on Kakko at all...Seems he banged his knee and he played the shift right after it. Just looked sore and that's it.....whew!

...and what's with that fucking number 45??? I thought Boo gave up #24 for him???

I hope he settles on a number soon! I gotta get me that jersey! :worship:

small sample size but the top pp unit has potential to be lethal this year. panarin and kakko shooting clap bombs from both sides, trouba bringing it from the point. touch passes were awesome. good to see anderson get off to a good start, a prove it year for him.

schneider was awesome in net or we probably pot 2-3 more. defense, a work in progress.

good pace for a 1st game. so much more watchable than nfl preseason.

Here's a couple of things that stood out a bit for me. Kreider was very noticable, he got himself engaged on most of his shifts. Greg McKegg had a real good game, he also went 9-4 on faceoffs (69%). Mika played real well, had 8 shots but Schnieder was really on top of his game. Kakko has great hands and was able to make space and time with them. Once the PP is tumed up, it has incredible potential. I didn't think Trouba had a great game, but it's only the 1st PS game with new team, coaches etc. Lias A was ok, scored. Him and Boo were in the 30 percentile on faceoffs. Panarins goal was peachy.

Shesterkin looked good and showed off his athleticism.

It?s one game but...

shesty looked better than georgiev last night. There were some igor chants at the garden. I?m sure georgiev will bounce back.

Trouba looked like he hasn?t skated all summer long. Some really stupid plays on his part. Hopefully it?s just rust.

Smith was in mid season form. Hopefully that season is in Hartford. I know that nice goal by this russian kid wasn?t really his fault, the pass the other d-man made was awful but the way smith reacted to it annoyed me all game long.

Kakko already looks like he?s been in the league 5 years.

Kravtsov was invisible the first half then made some sick passes and had two near-breakaways which he almost scored on.

Thought Anderson actually has a good game. I noticed him on most of his shifts. Dude didn?t do much as smirk when he scored that goal.

I don?t know where Greg mckegg came from but he was the most noticeable player on the ice all night. I wouldn?t be surprised if he made the team on a 4th line role or as a spare.

Fox and hajek looked nervous but I don?t remember them making any bad plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Did Al have an on air stroke or does he just need a shot of gin to stop the shakes.

I was thinking the same thing. He looked like he escaped the nursing home. I don't remember him looking that bad at the end of last season. He even has the old man brown teeth. So sad to see.

I liked the way Kreider played last night, he was very involved and noticeable. Planarian's shot is so wicked too. The way he fires a one timer, its going to be exciting to watch. The PP looked really good, and I think it was Z that said they hadn't even practiced really as a unit yet, and it looked that good. Kaki looked good, and Krav was pretty decent as well.

George and She's didn't really impress me too much, I know its only the first preseason game, so Im not too worried yet.

On defense, I liked how Fox played. His willingness to jump into the play and his puck movement was nice. He has a nice shot too. Trouble looked pretty good to, he has a bomb from the point.

All in all, if things work out, we could have a pretty decent team this year.

Here's a couple of things that stood out a bit for me. Kreider was very noticable, he got himself engaged on most of his shifts. Greg McKegg had a real good game, he also went 9-4 on faceoffs (69%). Mika played real well, had 8 shots but Schnieder was really on top of his game. Kakko has great hands and was able to make space and time with them. Once the PP is tuned up, it has incredible potential. I didn't think Trouba had a great game, but it's only the 1st PS game with new team, coaches etc. Lias A was ok, scored. Him and Boo were in the 30 percentile on faceoffs. Panarins goal was peachy.

Shesterkin looked good and showed off his athleticism.

McKegg was solid, and I think he won a very good percentage of his faceoffs as well. really good effort from a much needed position.

I didn't notice Hajek - which I guess is good - but Fox was the Rangers' best defenseman, by far.

I'm really liking Fox's hockey IQ so far. Seems he knows where he's going with the puck as soon as he gets it. He also is good at making space in the offensive zone. He also plays a little bigger than he is. We may have snagged a diamond in the rough with him...we shall see.