• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2019-20: Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

How did the Habs get Joel Armia, a 4th and a 7th for a guy playing Canadian University Hockey?
Because they took Steve Mason and his whole cap hit with no retention and Armia never scored more than 30 points.

Also helps when Drouin gets his head out of his ass.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was left on Mason's deal?

What a steal.

I don't know, but MTL bought him out. So it was basically a cap/money trade, not a hockey trade.

This is also mostly a hot streak for Armia. He's shooting 20% with a 105+ PDO LOL.

So, I'm very new to hockey and I have a question I'm embarrassed to ask.

Does a RHD play on the left side of the rink, or the right? I'm guessing the left, since his dominant hand will be away from the wall?

Not trolling here, I truly don't know...go easy on me guys

It's actually opposite. RHD will generally play the right side, LHD will generally play the left side. When defending, the boards are your friends so the positioning should help force play away from the middle and towards the boards. Since most of the plays are supposed to come from the boards, if defended properly, the defender's stick then becomes more useful from that position if they stay on their strong sides (RHD playing right side/LHD playing left side). Not sure if I explained this clearly but I tried!

It's actually opposite. RHD will generally play the right side, LHD will generally play the left side. When defending, the boards are your friends so the positioning should help force play away from the middle and towards the boards. Since most of the plays are supposed to come from the boards, if defended properly, the defender's stick then becomes more useful from that position if they stay on their strong sides (RHD playing right side/LHD playing left side). Not sure if I explained this clearly but I tried!

Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I confused the fuck out of myself and im sure Henrik the 8th there. you're right, my son is LHD and plays on the left. Thanks for the correction

Anyone watching Boston - Ottawa? Sabourin been down on the ice for ~10 minutes now. Doesnt look good at all. The Boston player that ?hit? him went to the locker room crying.

The Boston player is David Backes, who's suf_ered through concussions. One of my favorite players. Just a real solid human.

A play like this must gut him.

Is the 1st Ottawa got for Karlsson lottery protected this year?

If not it's going to more than make up for the one they gave away in Duchene trade.

Cap friendly

https://www.capfriendly.com/trades/players/erik-karlsson

Conditions: Ottawa receives Sharks 2019 1st round pick if Sharks do not make the playoffs. If Sharks make the playoffs, Ottawa receives Sharks 2020 1st.

*Result: Sharks made the 2019 playoffs, Ottawa receives Sharks 2020 1st round pick

I know Sabourin is their spirit animal and good buddies with DJ Smith and all, but I had a feeling something like this would happen with him, he's barely a AHL calibre player. He shouldn't be in the league.

Not for nothing and you may be 100% right, but how is what happened there based on not being skilled enough to be in the NHL?

Is the 1st Ottawa got for Karlsson lottery protected this year?

If not it's going to more than make up for the one they gave away in Duchene trade.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/karlsson-trade-gift-keeps-giving-rebuilding-senators/

Really just a fantastic trade. I don't know why Dorian gets such a bad rap. He did well in that tear down under some really, really bad circumstances.

Also hired a great young coach in Smith who I think understands professional hockey a lot better than than some other guy we may be familiar with.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/karlsson-trade-gift-keeps-giving-rebuilding-senators/

Really just a fantastic trade. I don't know why Dorian gets such a bad rap. He did well in that tear down under some really, really bad circumstances.

Also hired a great young coach in Smith who I think understands professional hockey a lot better than than some other guy we may be familiar with.

Mikey?

He will be #2 all time when it?s said and done

Would he very tough.

Crosby was slightly ahead at this stage of career. He?s at 1.3 points per game from age 18-23(next month)

That?s actually low during that span when talking of the all time greats.

He?d have to maintain that ice for 14 years to surpass messier and Francis, putting him at age 39.