Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Candidates

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Anyone else watching the debate? Honestly think Buttigieg is absolutely nailing it.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    He demolished Tulsi on Syria.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    He demolished Tulsi on Syria.
    He's super focused on this trope or "the day after Trump" and frankly...it resonates real well.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I didnt watch, The only thing I'm seeing is Yang's MATH pin and people complaining about an Ellen question... so I'm assuming no one did great.

As for the complaints on the questions - are there any Democrats here that will vote for Trump over the Democratic candidate, regardless of the nominee, because they have a slightly different view on climate change than their preferred Democratic nominee?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    Think I'll be voting for Tom Kirkman again next year. He's a really likable guy in my opinion.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Chief View Post
    Nope. They work for US and pee, poop and put their pants on one leg at a time. Don't make deity's out of these asshats
    saying they are too important to have a beer with you or I isn't making a deity out of anyone.

I want someone whose good at the job and is going to be advancing policies that benefit the country. I could give two shits if they seem 'cool' or not. I don't want them to be brash assholes, because as we've seen with the brash asshole we currently have, that attitude tends to carry over in working with countries that are supposed to be our allies (or even with those that are our enemies) and it causes harm in international relations.

But them being cool enough to chill at a bar with does not make a good president

Senior Member Midget Division
    Based upon last night's debate alone, who would you vote for today -- assuming you will for for a Democrat? Is there a strong tandem to emerge from this group, or does a VP pick come from outside those on the stage?

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Anyone else watching the debate? Honestly think Buttigieg is absolutely nailing it.
    didn't watch this debate (I think the debates in general are stupid anyway. Bernie sanders going on the Joe Rogan podcast was a substantially better way to listen to a candidate) but in general, I think that Buttigieg is a great talker (and I'd actually enjoy watching him debate Pence in a VP debate because of the Indiana connection) but, a problem I have with him is, like some other dems on the stage, he seems like he's trying too hard to play the middle. He almost seems too polished if that makes sense.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    didn't watch this debate (I think the debates in general are stupid anyway. Bernie sanders going on the Joe Rogan podcast was a substantially better way to listen to a candidate) but in general, I think that Buttigieg is a great talker (and I'd actually enjoy watching him debate Pence in a VP debate because of the Indiana connection) but, a problem I have with him is, like some other dems on the stage, he seems like he's trying too hard to play the middle. He almost seems too polished if that makes sense.
    I think his midwestern roots are big for winning some
    Of those middle states and like you said heís very polished. Would love to see him as VP perhaps? Still
    Canít decide who Iíd vote for out of this group. I like a number of them and canít decide who has the actual best chance of beating trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    I think his midwestern roots are big for winning some
    Of those middle states and like you said he’s very polished. Would love to see him as VP perhaps? Still
    Can’t decide who I’d vote for out of this group. I like a number of them and can’t decide who has the actual best chance of beating trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    I do think Pete could be a good VP pick. But because he's come out as not supporting Medicare For All (he supports a public option) any of the M4A candidates would be hard pressed to pick him. If Biden is the nominee, I could see Pete being the pick. Sanders/Warren probably wouldn't though

Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I didnt watch, The only thing I'm seeing is Yang's MATH pin and people complaining about an Ellen question... so I'm assuming no one did great.

As for the complaints on the questions - are there any Democrats here that will vote for Trump over the Democratic candidate, regardless of the nominee, because they have a slightly different view on climate change than their preferred Democratic nominee?
    No. But there might be a big difference in which candidate has climate as a top priority. Obama had the political capital to get one big thing done in his first 2 years when he had a Democratic Congress. He chose Obamacare and climate foundered for lack of juice.

Warren may have the best climate plan, but if it sits behind Medicare for All, banking (re-)reform, free college, and/or other big ticket items, it ain't gettin' done. So priority of climate should be a distinction between candidates.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I do think Pete could be a good VP pick. But because he's come out as not supporting Medicare For All (he supports a public option) any of the M4A candidates would be hard pressed to pick him. If Biden is the nominee, I could see Pete being the pick. Sanders/Warren probably wouldn't though
    Whether HW Bush to Reagan, Gore to Clinton, or even Biden to Obama, competing candidates have been picked by nominees as running mates to match political strengths. I think it is acknowledged that the Prez gets the say on policy and that if the veep wasn't going to go along, he or she shouldn't have joined the ticket. So I bet it's wouldn't be a killer issue for Mayor Pete.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Banned Junior Division
    im for Medicare for All but and for free state colleges, not private. Theoretically, the richest and most powerful country in the world should have free healthcare for all its citizens and free college education available.

Banned Junior Division
    I cant put my finger on it yet but something scares me about Warren. lol

Also, I do not think Biden - the quintessential stale, pale, and male - can get away with a white man as a running mate, even a gay one.

Last edited by RodrigueGabriel; 10-16-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post
    No. But there might be a big difference in which candidate has climate as a top priority. Obama had the political capital to get one big thing done in his first 2 years when he had a Democratic Congress. He chose Obamacare and climate foundered for lack of juice.

Warren may have the best climate plan, but if it sits behind Medicare for All, banking (re-)reform, free college, and/or other big ticket items, it ain't gettin' done. So priority of climate should be a distinction between candidates.

Even if climate change was the most important thing to you, and the nominee its his least important... Does that drive you to vote for Trump? Do any of their related ideas/proposals fall short of what you think of Trump's?

If your ultimately goal is to win the Presidency, focus on how to get more voters and stop "debating" about the stuff you all agree on.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Even if climate change was the most important thing to you, and the nominee its his least important... Does that drive you to vote for Trump? Do any of their related ideas/proposals fall short of what you think of Trump's?

If your ultimately goal is to win the Presidency, focus on how to get more voters and stop "debating" about the stuff you all agree on.
    The theory is that healthcare affects the physical and financial quality of life of middle class Americans across the board. Thus, the success of the Dems in the midterms has been largely attributed to their focus on the issue. You can't cast a much wider net than that.

I'm not sure who you think they ought to be selling to, but many believe the group of 10+m urban, 2012 Obama voters who didn't get out last time is more fertile ground than the disgruntled rural/Rust Belt white guy demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Based upon last night's debate alone, who would you vote for today -- assuming you will for for a Democrat? Is there a strong tandem to emerge from this group, or does a VP pick come from outside those on the stage?
    I'm still rather undecided here. I'm waiting for the candidate who combines Warren's data-driven approach with Buttigieg's vision and reality. Klobuchar, perhaps? I just don't think she's got what it takes to win the thing, though.
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I cant put my finger on it yet but something scares me about Warren. lol
    I'm trying to put my finger on that too. I think it's that she's so insanely confident in her ideas that I almost wonder if she's capable of changing her mind.
    Hidden Content

Senior Member Mite Division Bieser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RodrigueGabriel View Post

I'm not sure who you think they ought to be selling to, but many believe the group of 10+m urban, 2012 Obama voters who didn't get out last time is more fertile ground than the disgruntled rural/Rust Belt white guy demographic.

I think I'd sell to the rust belt white guy. Probably in the general though. Reason being, the 2012 sit outs...Trump has energized them for you with his demeanor alone.
    In 1994 I thought I could die in peace...now I'm hungry again.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast