Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Democratic Candidates

Banned Junior Division

Democratic Candidates

who are you liking so far? who do you think will win the primary. thoughts?

Biden for me. Hope he wins the primary runs against Trump. I think he has a better chance, even after not having very strong debates.

Moderator BSBH Prospect

Democratic Candidates

Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post

who are you liking so far? who do you think will win the primary. thoughts?

Biden for me. Hope he wins the primary runs against Trump. I think he has a better chance, even after not having very strong debates.
    Biden for me.
    Gallup polling found that 30% of Americans identified as Democrat, 26% identified as Republican, and 42% as Independent.

Biden is moderate enough to win the independents.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Last edited by Puck Head; 09-13-2019 at 04:23 PM.

day-to-day Junior Division
    I think Klobuchar, O'Rourke, and others far behind in polling numbers would make the best president.

I think Biden would have the best chance against Trump.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

"How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

"Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Go for the gun grab, fake Hispanic guy. That would be fun.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Beto: Trainwreck and a grandstander.
    Booker: Wow, why do they let him on stage?
    Harris: See Booker.
    Biden: Pretty solid. Riding the Obama coattail a bit too much though.
    Klobuchar: Not bad. Thought she did pretty well.
    Yang: Could have done without the silly 1k announcement, but felt he spoke more honestly than probably anyone else on stage
    Warren: Right there with Biden.
    Bernie: Even if some agree with him, he's got that crazy old uncle thing going.
    Castro: I think his sole purpose was trying to take down Biden so he could be on someone else's ticket as VP lol

IMO: Biden would beat Trump. Warren might beat Trump. The rest don't stand a chance.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    I think Klobuchar, O'Rourke, and others far behind in polling numbers would make the best president.

Beto lost me on his gun stances.
    And didn’t do the Democratic Party any favors with his outburst.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Harris will get support as Hillary-lite, Biden is the most moderate, Sanders and Warren are the only ones sticking around and will battle it out to be the most progressive.

Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Harris.
    I might get some
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    This has been, from the onset, a three-horse race. It's Biden's to lose, with only Sanders and a skyrocketing Warren to contend with. One of those three will unequivocally be the nominee, with some of the others angling for positions in a cabinet (Inslee, Castro), returning to their Senate seats (Booker, Klobuchar, Hickenlooper, etc.), or potentially running for governor (Yang?). No one has ever won the Democratic nomination polling at 2% or less after Labor Day, and likely never will. This year should be no exception to this rule.

The only thing that matters is who best projects to beat Trump in a general, which is why only those three can even be considered, and not all three share the same slice of pie on that front. In terms of sheer electability according to months of polling, Biden projects to thoroughly unseat him, followed by Sanders, with Warren closing in fast.

I love Warren, and I'm pulling for her to continue to make major waves en route to the nominaton, but the safe bet is Biden at the top of the ticket. Potentially even with Warren as his running mate.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    This has been, from the onset, a three-horse race. It's Biden's to lose, with only Sanders and a skyrocketing Warren to contend with. One of those three will unequivocally be the nominee, with some of the others angling for positions in a cabinet (Inslee, Castro), returning to their Senate seats (Booker, Klobuchar, Hickenlooper, etc.), or potentially running for governor (Yang?). No one has ever won the Democratic nomination polling at 2% or less after Labor Day, and likely never will. This year should be no exception to this rule.

The only thing that matters is who best projects to beat Trump in a general, which is why only those three can even be considered, and not all three share the same slice of pie on that front. In terms of sheer electability according to months of polling, Biden projects to thoroughly unseat him, followed by Sanders, with Warren closing in fast.

I love Warren, and I'm pulling for her to continue to make major waves en route to the nominaton, but the safe bet is Biden at the top of the ticket. Potentially even with Warren as his running mate.
    Winner. She makes him more electable for women, provided he can keep from smelling her hair for the whole campaign.

I don’t think Biden gets the minority vote.
    He’s an old stiff, representative of the establishment. Not that the alternatives are better, but he’s not moving in the right direction.

I still think the Dems shot themselves in the foot with this extreme PC movement and anti-establishment movement. I think their best options would have been Booker (new) or Hillary (old). They have too many counterintuitive movements that may hinder their votes.

What does Adam Fox Say? Bantam Division rangers02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post

Biden is the Democrats' best candidate to take on Trump because he has more political experience and will be able to attract more moderate voters.
    MY TEAMS BREAK MY HEART

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Winner. She makes him more electable for women, provided he can keep from smelling her hair for the whole campaign.
    And helps to bring at least a portion of the progressives with her. She can also serve to help push him into more progressive policies by his side, just as he did for Obama (marriage equality, for example).
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I don’t think Biden gets the minority vote.
    He’s an old stiff, representative of the establishment. Not that the alternatives are better, but he’s not moving in the right direction.
    What? Biden polls incredibly high with minorities. Particularly African Americans, which is critical for this race.

Biden has amassed a staggering lead among older African Americans, commanding nearly two-thirds support of black voters 65 and older in the most recent Morning Consult poll
    “You go with what you know. A lot of black voters know Joe Biden,” said Michael Nutter, a former Philadelphia mayor and a current Democratic National Committee member who's endorsed Biden. “There’s power in that and there’s loyalty in that.”
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...n-2020-1479234

But another Biden metric is more surprising and even paradoxical: He attracts the largest proportion of voters who score high on a scale that measures anti-black prejudice, while also garnering the most support, by far, among black voters.
    Anti-black racial resentment also dictates, in different ways, preferences for Biden, Warren and Harris. All else being equal, Biden’s vote share increases by 27 points going from the least to the most racially resentful primary voter. Meanwhile, more racially progressive Democrats — especially racially progressive whites — side heavily with Warren, which makes sense, given her messages on the campaign trail, such as explicitly calling the U.S. criminal justice system racist.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...s/?arc404=true

I still think the Dems shot themselves in the foot with this extreme PC movement and anti-establishment movement. I think their best options would have been Booker (new) or Hillary (old). They have too many counterintuitive movements that may hinder their votes.
    Nah. Twitter — where this shit lives — is not real life. Look at the actual polling on these issues. The vast majority of Americans — the vast majority of voters — do not cast ballots on Twitter outrage or woke scale. That's a minority, albeit a very vocal one, within the party.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Biden should be running for a second term instead first
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Most likely, but his son's cancer diagnosis rightfully pulled him out of the race. He's admitted as much on numerous occassions, going so far as to say that he basically had every intention to run before Beau got sick. After that, he made a family decision to be by his side. Can't fault him for that.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

What? Biden polls incredibly high with minorities. Particularly African Americans, which is critical for this race.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...n-2020-1479234

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...s/?arc404=true

Nah. Twitter — where this shit lives — is not real life. Look at the actual polling on these issues. The vast majority of Americans — the vast majority of voters — do not cast ballots on Twitter outrage or woke scale. That's a minority, albeit a very vocal one, within the party.
    Well off white dyers love Biden. No doubt.

He looks so bad for everyone else, it’s laughable that others defend him.

Even Obama distanced himself.

Obama distancing himself is almost certainly political strategy based on not using up the incredible swaying power of his endorsement too early on a horse who may not win the race, rather than an indictment of his lack of faith in Biden's candidacy.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Most likely, but his son's cancer diagnosis rightfully pulled him out of the race. He's admitted as much on numerous occassions, going so far as to say that he basically had every intention to run before Beau got sick. After that, he made a family decision to be by his side. Can't fault him for that.
    Not faulting him, just saying he would’ve won last election if he ran. Trump wouldn’t even be in the picture this time and the everything would be normal
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Not faulting him, just saying he would’ve won last election if he ran. Trump wouldn’t even be in the picture this time and the everything would be normal
    Fully agree.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast